• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Temple Sacrifices in the Millennium

• Members
Ezekiel 40:42  And the four tables were of hewn stone for the burnt offering, of a cubit and an half long, and a cubit and an half broad, and one cubit high: whereupon also they laid the instruments wherewith they slew the burnt offering and the sacrifice.
Ezekiel 44:11  Yet they shall be ministers [Levitical priests] in my sanctuary, having charge at the gates of the house, and ministering to the house: they shall slay the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before them to minister unto them.
Ezekiel 46:24  Then said he unto me, These are the places of them that boil, where the ministers [priests] of the house [temple] shall boil the sacrifice of the people.
Ezekiel 42:13  Then said he unto me, The north chambers and the south chambers, which are before the separate place, they be holy chambers, where the priests that approach unto the LORD shall eat the most holy things: there shall they lay the most holy things, and the meat offering, and the sin offering, and the trespass offering; for the place is holy.
Ezekiel 43:24-27  And thou shalt offer them before the LORD, and the priests shall cast salt upon them, and they shall offer them up for a burnt offering unto the LORD
Seven days shalt thou prepare every day a goat for a sin offering: they shall also prepare a young bullock, and a ram out of the flock, without blemish.
Seven days shall they purge the altar and purify it; and they shall consecrate themselves.
And when these days are expired, it shall be, that upon the eighth day, and so forward, the priests shall make your burnt offerings upon the altar, and your peace offerings; and I will accept you, saith the Lord GOD.
Edited by beameup

• Administrators

Heb 10:1For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 
 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 
 3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 
 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 
 5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 
 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 
 7 ¶ Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. 
 8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 
 9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 
 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 

• Members

My understanding is that sacrifices will take place during the millennium...not to save anyone...but my personal view is that it will be akin to how Paul referred to the sacrifices as "a remembrance of sin". The millennium sacrifices will serve the same purpose...reminding the world of sin and its consequences during the time when Righteousness reigns.

The sacrifices in the Old Testament didn't save anyone either. ;)

• Members
3 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

My understanding is that sacrifices will take place during the millennium...not to save anyone...but my personal view is that it will be akin to how Paul referred to the sacrifices as "a remembrance of sin". The millennium sacrifices will serve the same purpose...reminding the world of sin and its consequences during the time when Righteousness reigns.

The sacrifices in the Old Testament didn't save anyone either. ;)

They shewed the way to the sacrifice of Christ, for those who believed. Repentance was needed as well.

Psalm 51.1-10. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2  Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3  For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4  Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
5  Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6  Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7 ¶  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8  Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9  Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

• Members

Hebrews 9:9-15  shows that the OT sacrifices looked forward to Christ & the new testament.

In John 2, Jesus speaks of his body as the temple, & in John 4, says that worship is to be in spirit & in truth, not centred on Jerusalem.

Edited by Ian Day

• 1 year later...
  • Members

"For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Starting from the book of Leviticus, through the Psalms, through the prophets, salvation was the moment when an individual, by faith, as pictured by Abraham, trusted in the mercy of God for the salvation of the soul. The sacrifices, as Hosea 6:6 clearly shows, were not for the salvation of the soul. As the sacrifice of Abraham clearly shows, the righteous Jews knew that one day God would offer His own sacrifice for sins: Isaiah 53. The righteous Jews knew, as Abraham knew, that one day, "the lamb of God" would come into the world as the one and only sacrifice for sins.

The lost religious Jews, the lost religious Priests, the lost Pharisees, miss-used the sacrifices of Leviticus as a means of salvation. Just like the lost religious ministers of the various denominations in the Church dispensation miss- use baptism, the Lord's Supper, and ceremonies, as a means of salvation.

Like Abraham before the Law,and like the Jews under the Law, the Millennium sacrifices are not meant to be a sacrifice for salvation: but for remembrance and teaching; like baptism and the Lord's Supper. "And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between he unclean and the clean." Ezekiel 44:23 Just like every righteous pastor uses the Old Testament law, stories, examples, prophets, etc... to explain the difference between right and wrong, worldliness and spirituality; the priests in the Millennial Temple will use the sacrifices as teaching aids.

Think about it.

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer

• Members

ISAIAH 17-20,22

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

(Verse 22 says a man's days will be as a trees but there is an end or death

There will be sin and death in the 1000 year kingdom so salvation will also be needed!)

Edited by Eric Stahl

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 2/25/2016 at 11:23 AM, Invicta said:

If Christ is ruling in His millenial kingdom, why would there be sacrifices seeing as he died Once for All?

Hebrews 10:10  By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

If we think about the sacrifices and command to observe Passover, we see that Passover had only one event in which there was the possibility for the firstborn to die, yet a memorial is set up to mark that occasion. This is the same thing we do when we memorialize Christ's death, which Passover was a picture of. So the thing to consider is that depsite the fact that both sacrifice and the memorial of Passover was instituted, they are not the reality, and do not have any salvific quality at all. In the Millennial Kingdom it will be just the same, and there is no reason to think that the sacrifices offered in the Kingdom will have any more salvific quality than they did when originally instituted.

We see offerings being made according to Jewish Heritage many years after the Cross...

Acts 21:17-27

King James Version (KJV)

17 And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly.

18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present.

19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry.

20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

22 What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come.

23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them;

24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.

25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

27 And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him,

Sorry for the lengthy quote, but I see no way not to lose the context without quoting this much of it.

So I don't think an argument that Christ's death made atonement so no need for more sacrifice is a good one, because the sacrifices offered before the Cross did not bring about Atonement on an eternal level anyway, but was simply a temporal provision given to men, that God might show grace, and not impose eternal judgment upon men at the time they sinned, or, at the time they died.

God bless.

Edited by S.T.Ranger