• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Fear of Witnessing

• Members

“And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.” (Acts 4:18)

Every Christian knows that he or she should witness for Christ, but most are very reluctant to speak in His name very often. The most obvious reason for this hesitancy is fear. Sometimes we may be actually forbidden, as were the apostles, to teach of Him, but ... More...XV3ULAZK-4A

View the full article

• Members

We discussed this in adult Sunday school recently. Our pastor pointed out we shouldn't fear sharing the Gospel. Our call is to simply share the Gospel. We aren't called to try and force or pressure someone into "accepting Christ" or make the Gospel "easy" to get them to say "a sinners prayer". Our call is to share the Gospel and allow the Holy Spirit to do His work.

• Members

He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

There is no weeping, prayer and fasting (importunity) for souls anymore. That is what creates God's increase. Hard to find Christians who care enough for the lost to do it right.

In Luke 11 Gods gives us His permission to shamelessly beg Him for the Spirits power. That is what importunity is all about, begging, nagging, pleading with God for His power.

A crafty sales pitch converts no one for it is NOT BY WISDOM OF WORDS. We must weep over them and give them the Scriptures and make sure they know we are weeping over them.

• Members

Amen! It was brought up in our Sunday school class that we need to go out soul winning with much prayer and in the power of the Holy Spirit. Otherwise we normally fall into the trap of trying to reach the lost in our own "power" or through the use of creative marketing techniques.

For too many soul winning is either an obligation, a duty to check off the list, or a numbers game (as if he with the highest "score" wins).

I remember as a young Christians reading of men of old who used to weep over the lost, spend hours in prayer and often with weeping, and I wondered what was wrong with them and why would men be crying anyway. That was my old nature I was raised in clouding my understanding. When, years latter, I found myself beginning to weep while in certain prayer and to weep when considering certain lost souls, I thought there was something wrong with me. Since then I've come to appreciate the move of the Spirit which brings me to tears over the lost and waters my prayers.