• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Preaching the Kingdom of God with the Gospel

• Members
1 hour ago, Invicta said:

When this was discussed a few years ago they said the two kingdoms overlapped in some places.

Indeed, they do overlap, not only in some places, but in all places; for they are the same thing.

• Members

I heard a view of the Kingdom on Thursday I hadn't heard before.  The speaker was a South African who was once a pastor of the Baptist Church in St Helena. He said he thought the kingdom started with the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70. I had to leave the meeting early due to ill health, so I didn't have a chance to ask him about it.  If I remember correctly, he said that it was at that time the Christians realised there would not be an earthly kingdom.  They realised it long before then.

• Members
3 hours ago, Invicta said:

I heard a view of the Kingdom on Thursday I hadn't heard before.  The speaker was a South African who was once a pastor of the Baptist Church in St Helena. He said he thought the kingdom started with the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70. I had to leave the meeting early due to ill health, so I didn't have a chance to ask him about it.  If I remember correctly, he said that it was at that time the Christians realised there would not be an earthly kingdom.  They realised it long before then.

Some might suggest that the Body of Christ started in AD70, some say Acts 28, some say Acts 8 or 9, some say there was a transition period.

• Members
On 2/18/2016 at 9:36 PM, Critical Mass said:

It's been done a bunch of times in the past (ex. Rick Schworer) and you didn't receive it. You won't this time around either so I won't waste our time.

On 2/18/2016 at 10:53 PM, No Nicolaitans said:

So who are you? Wilchbla or ASongOfDegrees?

Well sir, unless you have me on ignore, I'm left with no alternative than to assume that you ignored my questions, because you've been active on the forum since I asked the questions. I am therefore left to assume that as I originally suspected, your involvement here is more than likely just a game for you. Wherefore, I will no longer "play". It's my hope and prayer that you'll be saved.

• Members
15 hours ago, beameup said:

Some might suggest that the Body of Christ started in AD70, some say Acts 28, some say Acts 8 or 9, some say there was a transition period.

Yet Scripture says the following:

1.  At Pentecost - The Entrance into the Body. 

1 Corinthians 12:12-13 -- "For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

Compared with Acts 1:5 -- "For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence;" and with Acts 2:1-4 -- "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.  And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.  And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.  And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

2.  At Christ's Exaltation - The Headship for the Body.

Ephesians 1:20-23 -- "Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: and hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all."

3.  At Christ's Crucifixion - The Foundation for the Body.

Ephesians 2:13-17 -- "But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.  For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; and that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: and came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh."

Not AD70, not Acts 28, not Acts 8 or 9, not a transition period throughout the time period of Acts.

• Members
6 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Well sir, unless you have me on ignore, I'm left with no alternative than to assume that you ignored my questions, because you've been active on the forum since I asked the questions. I am therefore left to assume that as I originally suspected, your involvement here is more than likely just a game for you. Wherefore, I will no longer "play". It's my hope and prayer that you'll be saved.

I haven't been ignoring you. I just haven't been reading any of your responses.

Nothing in any of my posts has been gameplay. All has been sound doctrine.

• Members
On 2/18/2016 at 10:44 PM, swathdiver said:

How about sharing your testimony with us Critical Mass?

If I'm unsaved then it's pretty sad that I'm one of the few in here that actually believes what the bible ( KJV) says and doesn't toss out entire passages that I either don't understand or that goes against what my favorite IFB preacher teaches.

• Members
Just now, Critical Mass said:

. . . I'm one of the few in here that actually believes what the bible ( KJV) says and doesn't toss out entire passages that I either don't understand or that goes against what my favorite IFB preacher teaches.

Well then, let us see some real Bible study.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:04 PM, Critical Mass said:

The kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God are two different kingdoms. You can't get into one without getting into the other first, though.

1.  Which of the two kingdoms must I get into first, in order to get into the other -- the kingdom of God, or the kingdom of heaven?

2.  What are the specific differences between the two kingdoms, that is -- between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven?

In presenting your answers, please provide actual evidence from passages of the Bible (KJV) so that I can determine if I wish to "toss them out" because "I do not understand them."  (Note: I do not HAVE a favorite IFB preacher, so that motive for "tossing out" passages will not happen for me.)

By the way, I myself certainly do believe in the coming Millennial Kingdom; therefore, there will be no need to engage in that matter.  On the other hand, I certainly DO NOT believe that the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are two different kingdoms, but that they are Biblically equivalent to one another.  Therein is the point of conflict.

• Members
3 hours ago, Critical Mass said:

If I'm unsaved then it's pretty sad that I'm one of the few in here that actually believes what the bible ( KJV) says and doesn't toss out entire passages that I either don't understand or that goes against what my favorite IFB preacher teaches.

Some time ago, if memory serves, your comments did indeed allude to your not being saved the bible's way.  So how about it?  Will you share your testimony with us?

Discussing meaty bible topics with a non-believer is akin to asking a hairdresser to tell you why you're car ain't working right.

• Members
1 hour ago, swathdiver said:

Some time ago, if memory serves, your comments did indeed allude to your not being saved the bible's way.  So how about it?  Will you share your testimony with us?

Discussing meaty bible topics with a non-believer is akin to asking a hairdresser to tell you why you're car ain't working right.

I think his discernment of Scripture speaks for itself. Discernment comes from the Holy Spirit.

• Members
5 hours ago, beameup said:

I think his discernment of Scripture speaks for itself. Discernment comes from the Holy Spirit.

In another thread (here), he presented a belief in FIVE different gospels.  I myself would NOT classify that as "discernment of Scripture."  Then again, I would not classify Brother "Beameup's" belief in two different gospels as "discernment of Scripture" either.

• Members
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:29 PM, beameup said:

8 hours ago, beameup said:

bump

It appears that Brother "Beameup" was looking for a response to his above statement -- although I already provided a Scriptural response, as follows: 
(Yet it must be remembered that Brother "Beameup" has blocked my postings from his awareness.)

16 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Yet Scripture says the following:

1.  At Pentecost - The Entrance into the Body. 

1 Corinthians 12:12-13 -- "For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

Compared with Acts 1:5 -- "For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence;" and with Acts 2:1-4 -- "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.  And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.  And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.  And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

2.  At Christ's Exaltation - The Headship for the Body.

Ephesians 1:20-23 -- "Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: and hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all."

3.  At Christ's Crucifixion - The Foundation for the Body.

Ephesians 2:13-17 -- "But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.  For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; and that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: and came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh."

Not AD70, not Acts 28, not Acts 8 or 9, not a transition period throughout the time period of Acts.

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle