• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Email

Rosie

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I use startmail.  They don't search your emails and they are online privacy advocates.

I also use Blur (formerly Don't Track Me) in conjunction with Startmail.  You can create unlimited aliases and they will forward to whichever email address you attach to them. 

Edited by Brother Stafford

• Members

I still use the ol' original Aol. We do have Gmail as a family email center, but mostly our whole family has their own individual Aol accounts, with the youngest having 'child' Aol email. I don't usually email people anyway but use it for service from different accounts that use it to keep us updated on those accounts.

Messenger is the best service I have. No ads, and no junk - you just have to start a Facebook account, which is very easy to get. I know there are issues with people about Facebook, but I don't hardly use my account, (of which I have 3 accounts), but find Messenger very valuable and available for free.

I use to text my wife through my day, but when I installed Messenger on my phone, we only use texting as a last resort, as Messaging is instant and no waiting for it to get to you. Really convenient.

• Administrators

Most ISP's include a web based email that comes with your service. You just bookmark the email page that your email account is on, open it and use it like any other email.

I use an email program that is installed on my computer. But it is not a stand alone thing, it is pointed at my ISP's server.

• Members
10 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Messenger is the best service I have. No ads, and no junk - you just have to start a Facebook account

2 hours ago, Rosie said:

never heard of messenger on a cell phone, how does it work..

Unless it has changed, you don't have to have an actual Facebook account to use Messenger on your phone...you just set it up with your phone number. That's how I did mine, and I don't have a Facebook account. ; )

I agree; it's a good service...think of it as free text messaging. I only installed it to message my wife so that my actual Text Messages don't get used up as fast. The only thing though is that you can only "message" (text) other people who are on Facebook and/or Messenger.

I installed it just to use it for the free text messaging; however, you can also do live video chats and phone calls on it. 

All you have to do is download the Messenger app and set up your account...takes just a few minutes...if that long. Once it's set up, you can search through your phone's Contacts...Messenger will detect if they have Messenger due to their phone number being registered with them...or you can "invite" Contacts to Messenger...or you can do a direct search for people on Facebook to message...if you know the name that they use on Facebook.