• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Worldwide Flood

• Members

“And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.” (Genesis 9:11)

Those Christians who accept the concept of the “geological ages” commonly have to explain away the great deluge by assuming it was not really a global flood. Th... More...7j6GfyyDNvc

View the full article

• Members

John81,

Excellent post. What you said needs to be copied and taught in every Christian college. Those preachers and saints who do not believe in a world-wide flood in order to please the false science presented to the world in our age are in serious error. And, one day, at the Judgement Seat of Christ, will be held account for their dis-belief and doctrinal error.

In our age every doctrine that is in the scriptures is deing deluded, scorned, ridiculed, and questioned. Every prophecy in the scriptures, especially the soon coming of the Lord Jesus for the church, is being questioned, scorned and ridiculed by false teachers, men in the ministry and the 'internet theologians' on every hand. One day, the saints who believed these false doctrines will be held acccountable for their dis-belief and doctrinal error.

Excellent article and conclusion.

Here is the conclusion:

"But probably the best argument is that such an argument makes God out to be a liar! God promised Noah that this kind of flood would never be sent on the earth again. There have been innumerable river floods, tsunamis, torrential regional rains, etc., in the more than four millennia since Noah’s day. If God’s promise referred only to some such flood as one of these, then He has not kept His Word!

But God does not lie, and He has kept His promise. There has never been another such Flood. “He that believeth not God hath made him a liar” (1 John 5:10). Theistic evolutionists, progressive creationists, and all others who believe the geological ages instead of God’s Word should, it would seem, seriously rethink their position. HMM"

Henry Morris is entirely correct. Those people, including some saints, who do not believe in world-wide flood of Noah's day as recorded in Genesis 6-8 is making God a liar.  "For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." 2 Corinthians 5:10 Every saint will have to give account of the bad things he did in his body and the bad doctrines he held in his mind and taught others. Every saint will have to explain to God why he made His Word a lie: false doctrines and false beliefs are lies.

Alan

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

Hello John81
I would not insist that you are misunderstanding Genesis one on creation, and like you I think little of what the Scientist think when they fall away from knowledge into speculation. but there are several scriptural reasons why I would tend to believe that the days of Genesis one are Gods days, but I discern that between you and I, that you are the one who has hardened your hearts in this area and refuse to even consider the truth of Scripture. Heb 4:4-10 might be the clearest. But Also it is not a fundamental, it does not affect your salvation because you have a different interpretation from me on the days of Genesis before the sun was made.

Edited by Old-Pilgrim
S to s

• Members
17 hours ago, John81 said:

Why do so many believe there has to be some form of "gap" in Genesis which would allow for some form of evolution, long periods of time for the earth to age, as a way to explain dinosaurs in keeping with worldly views, or even for the establishment of pre-Adamic races and the idea God had other people on earth already when He placed Adam and Eve in Eden?

John, why do you continue to misrepresent the position of those who believe in the "gap theory" after it's been pointed out to you in the past that gap theorists DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT believe in evolution? They are 100% LITERAL seven day creationists. It's day-age theorists that believe in evolution. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

Yet, even after pointing this out AGAIN, you will continue to wilfully spread misinformation. You may call me deluded but I call you a dishonest liar.

• Members

These Ruckman type GAP theorists believe in creation but still try to harmonize it with evolution and its old earth mentality.

Such heresy is easily disproven all throughout the scriptures even if one does not take God at his word in Genesis.  When one holds to the Gap Theory, generally speaking, they then hold to many other heresies like the universal church, open communion, the origin of the church, baptism, etc.   

• Members
11 hours ago, Old-Pilgrim said:

Hello John81
I would not insist that you are misunderstanding Genesis one on creation, and like you I think little of what the Scientist think when they fall away from knowledge into speculation. but there are several scriptural reasons why I would tend to believe that the days of Genesis one are Gods days, but I discern that between you and I, that you are the one who has hardened your hearts in this area and refuse to even consider the truth of Scripture. Heb 4:4-10 might be the clearest. But Also it is not a fundamental, it does not affect your salvation because you have a different interpretation from me on the days of Genesis before the sun was made.

No doubt not a matter of salvation. As the Scripture says evening and morning in the six day creation account that would seem to indicate a literal 24 hour day.

7 hours ago, Critical Mass said:

John, why do you continue to misrepresent the position of those who believe in the "gap theory" after it's been pointed out to you in the past that gap theorists DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT believe in evolution? They are 100% LITERAL seven day creationists. It's day-age theorists that believe in evolution. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

Yet, even after pointing this out AGAIN, you will continue to wilfully spread misinformation. You may call me deluded but I call you a dishonest liar.

Whether you believe in evolution or not is one thing, but it's a fact many gap theorists do indeed believe in evolution of one kind or another. I've personally known a few and have "spoken" with many more inline.

• Members
11 hours ago, John81 said:
11 hours ago, John81 said:

''.. As the Scripture says evening and morning in the six day creation account that would seem to indicate a literal 24 hour day.''

I agree that it sounds that way initially, however the closer one looks at this text in the light of other scripture, it seems less lightly not more. ‘the sixth day’, this sixth day was only called ‘day’ after the pattern was laid down in Ge 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
The word Light in v15 is a derivative of the word used for light in v3-5 So Moses was given the primarily word for Light to describe the natural light which he knew from the sun, but a derivative word for light which means Illumination in vs.3-5 (Strong.)

This light in vs.3-5 is that light which was called day.

(the two words are very similar and so that point might mean nothing)

Although I don’t know where this argument would lead me, I can’t see any dangers in believing in six 24 hour day creation, other than judging harshly those who disagree, sure if they prove to be liberals judge them harshly. If it is six of The LORD’s days of which we know little, then it can only be to teach us about times and seasons I would guess, which might prove to be important in it’s time.

• Moderators
On 2/6/2016 at 5:15 PM, Old-Pilgrim said:

Hello John81

I honestly see rally nothing concerning the six-day creation in your scripture reference other than it referring to God resting on the seventh-day. what point are you trying to make with it concerning the creation week?

• Members
On Sunday, February 07, 2016 at 10:38 PM, Ukulelemike said:

I honestly see rally nothing concerning the six-day creation in your scripture reference other than it referring to God resting on the seventh-day. what point are you trying to make with it concerning the creation week?

Hello U’Mike
‘For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise…’
So we have the context of the use of the word DAY,

V5
Psalms 95:7-11  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work. Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways: Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

The Israelites had a day and never entered into His rest, but there remains another day, which is ‘Today’ IE the Gospel age.

Hebrews 3:7-8  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

It looks to me that a few days have come and gone since the seventh day.

On Sunday, February 07, 2016 at 5:25 AM, swathdiver said:

That's not danger, that's Bible man!

That profile picture of yours looks like highlander drowning.