• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:13 PM, Critical Mass said:

Jews prior to the Second Coming who backslide and take the mark. There is no repentance for them. They will not enter the land of rest (i.e. the world to come).

Are you saying that Jews (ie: Hebrews) during the time of Acts were expecting Israel to fulfill its destiny and bring-about the Millennial Kingdom, and that following the Rapture (harpazo) of the Body of Christ (ie: "church"), that there will again be Jews (ie: Hebrews) who will again be believing in the return of Messiah to set-up his Kingdom on earth, and that the book of Hebrews then has a dual-purpose (both during Acts and following the Rapture) of encouraging Jews to be steadfast???

• Members

Again, Hebrews is written to those "in the last days". The group in Acts 2 were waiting on the last days as Peter himself mentioned in the chapter. The last days are not a period of 2000 plus years. 

38 minutes ago, beameup said:

Are you saying that Jews (ie: Hebrews) during the time of Acts were expecting Israel to fulfill its destiny and bring-about the Millennial Kingdom, and that following the Rapture (harpazo) of the Body of Christ (ie: "church"), that there will again be Jews (ie: Hebrews) who will again be believing in the return of Messiah to set-up his Kingdom on earth, and that the book of Hebrews then has a dual-purpose (both during Acts and following the Rapture) of encouraging Jews to be steadfast???

Yes. 

• Members
11 hours ago, John81 said:

Hebrews 6 isn't talking about the saved losing salvation; which is impossible.

Correct, Hebrews 6 teaches eternal security.  It also teaches that one who professes Christ and runs with the devil was never saved to begin with.

• Members
20 hours ago, Oὐ Νικολαΐτης said:

I don't really know what beameup was trying to say. I was just making a stab at what he provided. I could be wrong (again), but I think...and I stress THINK...that beameup falls into the camp that believes the book of Hebrews is for the tribulation period. Therefore, I really don't know what he's trying to say. If I'm wrong beameup, and you don't have me on ignore so that you can read this, I apologize.

I think that the shallow "drive-by" poster has already added his two-cents.  Shallow posters like that are simply desiring attention, as their responses are very limited in intellect and they never have any meaningful Original Post to offer.

The book of Hebrews was written to the religious leaders in Jerusalem.  It is written in very refined Koine Greek, designed for rather formal and official communication.  This would seem to indicate that the author was highly respected in the Temple leadership, possessing a very refined and well organized communication skills.  Essentially, the first 12 chapters are written as a sermon, to be formally delivered at synagogue.  The last chapter seems to have been "added on" and does not bear the same standard as the previous portion. Hebrews gives tremendous insight into what was going on at the highest levels of the Hebrew Religion in Jerusalem.  It must have been a time of tumultuous  debates going on there in Jerusalem that first decade after the resurrection.  So, in that respect, the author is encouraging those who accepted Yeshua Messiah as the King of Israel, that they should persevere against the majority of self-righteous "religious" leaders who were suffering from pride, which was preventing them from repenting and accepting Yeshua Messiah. The result of national repentance and salvation would have brought about the return of Yeshua Messiah and the setting-up of the Millennial Kingdom.

δέ εἰ τὶς ἀγνοέω ἀγνοέω

Edited by beameup

• Members
14 minutes ago, beameup said:

I think that the shallow "drive-by" poster has already added his two-cents.  Shallow posters like that are simply desiring attention, as their responses are very limited in intellect and they never have any meaningful Original Post to offer.

Wow.

• Members
10 hours ago, beameup said:

No I am not saying most of that at all. The Jews will be saved by turning to Christ in repentance. Jesus will return to earth with his saints and the saints will be given the kingdom which is an everlasting kingdom Dan. 7:27 and all dominions shall obey him This is the same kingdom as Dan 2:44. 28  Hitherto is the end of the matter Dan 7:28

Edited by Invicta

• Members

We see more than one perverter of Scripture here which thinks themselves wise while showing themselves to be fools. How telling some of them quickly place those who present the truth on "ignore" so as to protect their little fantasy world.

What a shame we don't seem to have Mods anymore which deal with those who promote false gospels and the outright corruption of Scripture.

• Members
4 hours ago, John81 said:

We see more than one perverter of Scripture here which thinks themselves wise while showing themselves to be fools. How telling some of them quickly place those who present the truth on "ignore" so as to protect their little fantasy world.

What a shame we don't seem to have Mods anymore which deal with those who promote false gospels and the outright corruption of Scripture.

So John can call people on this forum "deluded" and "perverter" of scripture and get no warning but when I point out that he's a dishonest liar I get a warning. Plus you have allowed two people continually trash sound doctrine on this forum (Covenantor and Invicta). This is what happens when you allow women to run the show in here. This is why this forum went down the tubes years ago. 

See you over on the Reformed Calvinist forum, John. 

• Administrators

Well, apparently a few of you think you could do a better job, since you enjoy calling each other names and insulting moderators. And if the moderators don't jump to your tune, you're offended and insult their decisions or lack thereof, depending on whether you were obeyed or not. The fact is that none of the moderators are your mommy and daddy and so many conversations go on that some don't like. But when the rope is long enough, some folks hang themselves. And that is when they get banned. Or they get offended and make specious statements about the gender of some of the moderators and then leave. 

Maybe some of you just need to grow up.