• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.    Hebrews 6:1-8

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. Acts 2:1-4   [Peter] But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: Acts 2:16-18
He·brew
ˈhēbro͞o/
a member of an ancient people living in what is now Israel and Palestine and, according to biblical tradition, descended from the patriarch Jacob, grandson of Abraham. After the Exodus ( circa 1300 BC) they established the kingdoms of Israel and Judah, and their scriptures and traditions form the basis of the Jewish religion.

δέ εἰ τὶς ἀγνοέω ἀγνοέω
Edited by beameup

• Members

Jews prior to the Second Coming who backslide and take the mark. There is no repentance for them. They will not enter the land of rest (i.e. the world to come).

Revelation 14:12-  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

John 6:66- From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

• Members
3 hours ago, wretched said:

Ok gents,

As they say in Canadia, what's this all aboot?

I think it is called entrapment.

They post a number of unrelated texts and hope someone disagrees then they will pounce,

OK here is an answer. 1John 1:7  ...........the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

• Members
4 hours ago, wretched said:

Ok gents,

As they say in Canadia, what's this all aboot?

I could be wrong, but it appears to me that beameup is saying that Acts 2 is directly related to Hebrews 6; therefore, those first believers (on whom the Holy Ghost sat in Acts 2) tasted the heavenly gift and tasted the powers of the world to come (according to his emphasis). Therefore, if any of those from Acts 2 fell away, it wasn't possible for them to be renewed unto repentance.

And they were Hebrews.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Oὐ Νικολαΐτης said:

I could be wrong, but it appears to me that beameup is saying that Acts 2 is directly related to Hebrews 6; therefore, those first believers (on whom the Holy Ghost sat in Acts 2) tasted the heavenly gift and tasted the powers of the world to come (according to his emphasis). Therefore, if any of those from Acts 2 fell away, it wasn't possible for them to be renewed unto repentance.

And they were Hebrews.

And they were Christians, so are we.

• Members
9 minutes ago, John81 said:

Which would be false teaching. Hebrews 6 isn't talking about the saved losing salvation; which is impossible.

I don't really know what beameup was trying to say. I was just making a stab at what he provided. I could be wrong (again), but I think...and I stress THINK...that beameup falls into the camp that believes the book of Hebrews is for the tribulation period. Therefore, I really don't know what he's trying to say. If I'm wrong beameup, and you don't have me on ignore so that you can read this, I apologize.

• Members
39 minutes ago, Invicta said:

I think it is called entrapment.

They post a number of unrelated texts and hope someone disagrees then they will pounce,

OK here is an answer. 1John 1:7  ...........the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

I see. The contexts of the Scriptures quoted in Acts, Hebrews and John are not prophetic in any way so I doubt they would be going there with them

13 minutes ago, Oὐ Νικολαΐτης said:

And they were Hebrews.

So, if this is what he means then would he also believe that this does not apply to gentiles? So if a gentile believer, supposedly regenerated and indwelt by the Spirit which would guide him in all truth; were to somehow turn from the Living God to another religion (idol), they would be ok then and could come back and forth as often as their confusion would allow and still be saved?  Beameup, could you elaborate?

14 hours ago, Critical Mass said:

Jews prior to the Second Coming who backslide and take the mark. There is no repentance for them. They will not enter the land of rest (i.e. the world to come).

I don't recall this statement anywhere in Scripture, could you elaborate? Doesn't 2 Thess state that all peoples who reject the Gospel whom are living at the time of catching away WILL believe the lie and take the mark regardless of jew or gentile, since there is no distinguishing? BTW, jews are addressed on many occasions in the books God used Paul to write so it stands to reason that they are supposed to be read by them (jewish believers). Or is it that gentiles are just not supposed to follow any instructions from the book of Hebrews? It is just FYI type of thing. I can't remember. These are straight questions please sir.

5 minutes ago, Oὐ Νικολαΐτης said:

I don't really know what beameup was trying to say. I was just making a stab at what he provided. I could be wrong (again), but I think...and I stress THINK...that beameup falls into the camp that believes the book of Hebrews is for the tribulation period. Therefore, I really don't know what he's trying to say. If I'm wrong beameup, and you don't have me on ignore so that you can read this, I apologize.

I will wait for him to respond then. In the meantime, how could any jew at Pentecost be alive during the tribulation or is he referring to the race?

So many questions...so little mind....

• Members
1 hour ago, wretched said:

I will wait for him to respond then. In the meantime, how could any jew at Pentecost be alive during the tribulation or is he referring to the race?

So many questions...so little mind....

]So little understanding of scripture.  The tribulation in Matthew 24 was on the Jews, many of whom were alive at Pentecost. All this will come upon this generation.  

• Members
3 hours ago, Invicta said:
3 hours ago, Invicta said:

]So little understanding of scripture.  The tribulation in Matthew 24 was on the Jews, many of whom were alive at Pentecost. All this will come upon this generation.  

Don't you go stepping on our party yet please. I am curious what the answers are. Then you can get ganged up on :D

• Members
6 hours ago, Invicta said:

And they were Christians, so are we.

Don't you promote that "the Church" has replaced "Israel" (in the case of Acts 2, the Sect of the Nazarenes, led by Peter)?

Edited by beameup

• Members
10 minutes ago, beameup said:

Don't you promote that "the Church" has replaced "Israel" (in the case of Acts 2, the Sect of the Nazarenes, led by Peter)?

I don't understand what you mean.