• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Protestants and Catholics in Vancouver (Canada) to Hold Ecumenical “Weekend of Protestant and Catholic Discovery”

• Members

Protestants and Catholics in Vancouver (Canada) to Hold Ecumenical “Weekend of Protestant and Catholic Discovery”

Protestants and Catholics in Vancouver, BC, area will be holding two events at the end of February calling the weekend the “Weekend of Protestant and Catholic Discovery.” The Church for Vancouver website states: One of the signs of hope in Vancouver is the way the Holy Spirit is helping Catholics and Protestants to find inspiration […]

The post Protestants and Catholics in Vancouver (Canada) to Hold Ecumenical “Weekend of Protestant and Catholic Discovery” appeared first on .

View the full article

• Members

It is happening in different ways all over. A few years ago a member of a local Baptist Church in our town, said to me "Our pastor has started Lent classes." when I and another member of our church said "Why?"  he looked a bit startled, thought for a while, then said "I suppose he thought it was a good idea."  Soon after that a girl about 11 in our Sunday School asked for Baptism.  We said we didn't think she was ready, so she went to the Anglican church and asked. The woman minister agreed and baptised her in the sea in an ecumenical service.  Another Baptist church on the edge of town had very few members and closed down handing their building over to the Anglicans who pulled the building down and rebuilt it as a "Christian Worship Centre." Some of the ladies who come to our seniors lunch go to nearby baptist churches. When I ask how they can be members of churches that are members of Churches together and have joint services now and again.  They usually say they don't know much about it and will ask their pastor.  I try to explain the them why they should not associate with such churches, but many have been been in the church all their lives and  I guess all their friends are there.  It is a powerful pull.  I know that from family experience.  My sister was a member of a Baptist Church on the Isle of Wight.  We went to the dedication of one of her grandchildren there.  We knew many family members who attended were not saved but spoke as it all were Christians.  When I spoke to my sister she agreed with me, so I said "Why don't you leave,you have a nice little Evangelical Chapel down the road which does preach the gospel." she replied, "I have all my friends here, and if I leave, they will too but won't know whey they are leaving." 

We are the only non ecumenical church in town.  The problem is we cannot have fellowship with any other churches in town.  

• Members

Ecumenicalism, tolerance, governmental interferance with the church, and the lack of fidelity within the church, is leading up to the one world church. This is not only true in America, but as Invicta brought out, in England.

In China the goverment is the head of the church, in Taiwan the Charismatics have brought almost all of the the churches together in ecumenicalism. And, in an effort to wipe out any vestage of the a true New Testament church, the Charisimatics, and primarily the Presbryterian Church, is holding hands with the Buddhists and other "religions," here in Taiwan and other locations in the Far East. 

Ecumenicalism is a world wide problem. It is leading up to the one world "church" as revealed in Revelation 17 and 18

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

This mess is spreading everywhere as there are even some IFB churches now willing to yoke with Catholics and others they once would have maintained separation from. Most often the yoking is in the name of political expediency for the sake of political clout or the often touted excuse of "helping the children".

Even in this rural area it's a mess with several events or gatherings each year for the sake of ecumenicalism. Even gatherings that were once rather select are now open to virtually anyone. Our pastor has stopped attending most events and meetings he once attended.