• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Genesis 1:

1 ¶  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 ¶  And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4  And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5  And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

What was before the First Day?

I suggest Eternity

Edited by Invicta

• Members

Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

If He had meant for us to know what happened before He created the heaven and the earth, He would have told us in the Bible. BUT He didn't, and so anyone who claims otherwise is speculating, and to their own peril. 

• Members

As far as I know, no-one here believes in the "gap theory". IF anyone here does, please feel free to correct me.  I believe this post came from a spin-off of another post. I won't go into detail (it would muddy the waters). So far, I believe we are ALL in agreement that God gave us no information in the Bible as to what did or didn't happen prior to His creating the heaven and earth. Can you believe it... we are all in agreement on something on this forum??? Amen and Hallelujah!

• Members
18 minutes ago, beameup said:

Was the earth created by God "without form, and void" (tohuw bohuw)??

And the earth was [hayah H1961]  without form  [tohuw H8414], and void [bohuw H922]; and darkness was upon the face of the deep  Genesis 1:2a

7 hours ago, Invicta said:

Genesis 1:

1 ¶  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Yes, according to God's word.

This reminds me of the serpent saying "Hath God said...." Was the earth without form and void? Yes

• Members
9 hours ago, beameup said:

Was the earth created by God "without form, and void" (tohuw bohuw)??

And the earth was [hayah H1961]  without form  [tohuw H8414], and void [bohuw H922]; and darkness was upon the face of the deep  Genesis 1:2a

Yes during the first day, then God said "Let there be light". and formatted it (gave it form)

Edited by Invicta

• Members

On the second day6 ¶  And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7  And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8  And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

And on the third day  9 ¶  And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10  And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11  And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12  And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13  And the evening and the morning were the third day.

It is all there by the third day the earth was formatted.

• Members
15 hours ago, Critical Mass said:

When did Lucifer fall? Before or after the seven day creation?

1.  Lucifer, who was created as "the anointed cherub that covereth," chose rebellion against his Creator God some time AFTER the end of the sixth day of the Lord God's creation work, as per the truth of Genesis 1:31 -- "And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.  And the evening and the morning were the sixth day."

2.  Lucifer, who was created as "the anointed cherub that covereth," chose rebellion against his Creator God some time AFTER the creation of the Garden of Eden, as per the truth of Ezekiel 28:13-15 -- "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.  Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.  Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee."

3.  Lucifer, who was created as "the anointed cherub that covereth," chose rebellion against his Creator God some time BEFORE he engaged in the temptation of Eve, as per the truth of Genesis 3:1-ff.