• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Treasure in Heaven

• Members

“Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.” (Luke 12:33)

The Lord Jesus frequently warned us against trying to accumulate wealth here on Earth. “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth,” He said. Rather, “lay ... More...XWhyG1pamnc

View the full article

• Members

I'm thankful the Lord had patience with me and I finally got this through my thick head. I used to have set goals of building up this and that to leave behind, and I used to collect certain things which would naturally grow in value over the years. The Lord pointed out the folly of such things, as well as the waste of money, time, space and other resources in the pursuit of and holding onto of these worldly things that would never survive into eternity.

Since leaving those worldly things behind I've had more time, money and such for the things of God.

• Members

I have a couple hundred dollars in silver coins, silver rounds, and a silver bar.

They were given to me by a millionaire friend who fears the dollar will fail completely in the near future and silver will be most valued.

I could spend the dimes, buffalo nickels and silver dollars, (only worth about $18 in a supermarket, but valued at $78 online) if need arise.  The rounds and bar would have to be sold to a collector. But, I hold on to them, not to be miserly, but because they were a gift.