• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Children in Heaven

• Members

“And [David] said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live? But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.” (2 Samuel 12:22-23)

The death of a loved one is always a time of great sorrow, bu... More...f59sUSQFBfI

View the full article

• Members

Notice the article says Scripture "suggests" certain children are in heaven rather than claiming Scripture outright says certain children are in heaven.

The article then suggests this is an alternate way to get into heaven without having to be born again in Christ yet they don't explain how this agrees with Scripture saying there is only One Way into heaven.

• Members
On 2/1/2016 at 11:53 PM, John81 said:

Is everyone who goes to hell, or heaven, eternally the same age as when they died? Will there be perpetual one week olds and 101 year olds for eternity?

Huh?

Maybe the questions should be:

If an unelect person dies in infancy will they go to hell? 

and

Does God only let elect babies die so no unelect babies go to hell?

and

Should I give God thanks for babies toking the flames of hell?

I have had only one Calvinist tell be that I should be thankful and give God glory.

TULIP Calvinism is an abominable teaching. 

Edited by Critical Mass

• Members
On 2/1/2016 at 11:53 PM, John81 said:

Is everyone who goes to hell, or heaven, eternally the same age as when they died? Will there be perpetual one week olds and 101 year olds for eternity?

The Bible tells us (in our glorified bodies) "we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is", so since Jesus is not a baby, I would think that even babies will also have bodies "like Him" (meaning, in part, no longer infant bodies). I guess we will have to wait until we get there (and after we are resurrected into uncorruptible bodies) to see.

• Members
3 hours ago, Ronda said:

The Bible tells us (in our glorified bodies) "we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is", so since Jesus is not a baby, I would think that even babies will also have bodies "like Him" (meaning, in part, no longer infant bodies). I guess we will have to wait until we get there (and after we are resurrected into uncorruptible bodies) to see.

If this is so, then there could be no babies in heaven or hell so the entire argument about heaven being full of babies or babies burning in hell is moot.

• Members
On 03/02/2016 at 4:55 AM, Critical Mass said:

Huh?

Maybe the questions should be:

If an unelect person dies in infancy will they go to hell? 

and

Does God only let elect babies die so no unelect babies go to hell?

and

Should I give God thanks for babies toking the flames of hell?

I have had only one Calvinist tell be that I should be thankful and give God glory.

TULIP Calvinism is an abominable teaching. 

was the article written by a Cavinist? why do you keep mentioning Calinism?

That Article is wrong on more than one point, but my relpy dissapeared, another 15 mins wasted. :(

• Members
On 01/02/2016 at 4:53 AM, John81 said:

We will be like him as He is, He is as he was in the beginning before he came to earth, we will be like Him and with Him. See John 17

John 17:5  And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Edited by Old-Pilgrim
to add ref.

• Members

I don't think Jesus ressurection body was his glorified body.

1 Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

This is two diffrent images.

Re 1:13-16 Gives a diffrent Image of Christ.

1 Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be:

Edited by Old-Pilgrim