• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prophecy School of Interpretation

• Members

Brethren,

Concerning the correct interpretation of prophecy In the scriptures: the three primary schools of interpretation are the 'Futuristic' and 'Historical' and 'A-millenial' schools of interpretation. Lately, in other threads, two of these three schools of interpretation were mentioned by interpretation but not mentioned by name. A-millenial was mentioned by name but 'futurisic' and 'historical' were not mentioned by name but by interpretation.

Also, some, not all, of the beliefs espoused by the 'Historical' school proponants were almost ( not entirely), word-for-word taken from the website: www.secret-rapture.com/  So, in an effort to seek if that was so I will be asking Beameup and Invicta if they agree with the prophetic teachings of the aforementioned website.

I would also  like to ask the brethren which school of thought concerning interpretating prophecy do you adhere to: 'Futuristic'  'Historical' or 'A-millenial'.

Beameup,

I have four very important questions to ask you.

1. Your avatar is the same as, or extememly similar to, the avator on the website www.secret-rapture.com/ Are you in any way connected with that website?

2.  Do you agree with any other doctrinal  information on that website?

3. Do you believe in the 'Futuist' or the 'Historical' interpretation of the Book of Revelation?

4. Do you believe that Matthew 24, 1 Corinthians 15 and 1 Thessalonians 4 are the same event?

Invicta,

1.  You information concerning Jesuit Manuel Lacunza, and the slanderous attacks on Darby and Scofied, are almost word for word as written in the above website http://www.secret-rapture.com/index.html . If that just a coincidence? Or, did you previously know about the information on that website?

2. Do you agree with the other doctrinal  information on that website? Give me some examples of beliefs you agree with and disagree with.

3.  Do you believe in the 'Futuist' or the 'Historical' interpretation of the Book of Revelation?

4. The prophetical beliefs on the website www.secret-rapture.com/  is also very similar in content that you previously posted in rebuttal of my teachings  in the Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study, and other threads here on OnLine Baptist. Did you know that? or, Is it just coincidence? Here is the link to that study for those who are not familiar with some of the rebuttals: http://www.onlinebaptist.com/home/topic/23115-revelation-chapter-19-22-study/

5. Do you believe that Matthew 24 1 Corinthians 15 and 1 Thessalonians 4 are the same event?

Any of the brethren have any thoughts concerning the 'Futuristic' or 'Historical' schools of interpretation of prophecy in the scriptures?

Edited by Alan
correct number sequence error

• Members

The tradition of the Catholic Church, when it was formed in the 4th Century, was to use the Four Gospels as "foundational" and directly applicable to the "universal church" here on planet earth.  (St.) Augustine was instrumental in the formation of THE Church, as his theology dominated.  To this day, when the reading from the Gospels is presented in Mass, the (rather large) Bible is "elevated" by the priest in recognition of this fact.  In all practicality, the Catholic Church looks to Jesus as the "Apostle" of the Church.

Oxford-OSSB.jpg

• Members

Every false prophetic doctrine, or some form of the false prophetic false doctirnes, that has been promoted on OnLine Baptist is found on that website in some form or fashion. Anybody who holds to the 'Historical' school of prophetic interpretation is in prophetic error.  

One of the reasons why Darby and Scofield have been slandered, maligned, and criticized was there correct doctrinal belief of the 'Futuristic' interpretation of scripture. Yes, Scofield and Darby had problems; but their belief in the correct 'Futuristic' school on prophetic interpretation was correct.

Furthermore, they obtained their 'Futuristic' belief in the prophetic events through a detailed, word-by-word, 'rightly dividing' interpretation of the prophetic events of the scriptures. Darby, Scofield, and I will include Clarence Larkin, did not come to their conclusions and interpretations concerning a 'Futuristic' school of interpretation due to any Jesuit priest in any century. The  teaching that Darby, Scofield, and Clarence Larkin are following the writings of Jesuit authors like Manuel Lacunza, or, Juan Josaft Ben-Exra, is and attempt to discredit the doctrinal truth of the Second Coming of Christ as taught by any 'Futurist' preacher or writer.

Furthermore, there is a concentrated effort by those who hold to the "Historical" school of interpretation to malign those authors who believe in the 'Futuristic' school of interpretation of the scriptures. Some of these folks are infiltrating the independent Baptist churches and websites to promote there unbelief of the correct prophetic doctrines of the scriptures.

In my estimation, any person who holds to the 'Historical' school of interpretation is not a fundamental, Independent Baptist. Christian, yes, fundamentalist, no.

Alan

3 hours ago, Alan said:

Beameup,

I have four very important questions to ask you.

1. Your avatar is the same as, or extememly similar to, the avator on the website www.secret-rapture.com/ Are you in any way connected with that website?

2.  Do you agree with any other doctrinal  information on that website?

3. Do you believe in the 'Futuist' or the 'Historical' interpretation of the Book of Revelation?

4. Do you believe that Matthew 24, 1 Corinthians 15 and 1 Thessalonians 4 are the same event?

Beameup,

Is it possible for you to answer the above questions?

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

Brethren,

Please take careful note. Although the denominational name of the webiste is not mentioned, if you study the references contained therein you will find out what denomination the website belongs too. Nor did I say that the any one here on OnLine Baptist is a member of that  denomination. I did though indicate that the beliefs concerning prophecy is basicly (not entirely), the same.

Furthermore, as you study the issue of the  'Futuristic' VS 'Historical' system of prophetic interpretation of the scriptures you will notice that one of the reasons why independent Baptist church members (and some pastors), are confused with this issue is that the teachings of 'Historic' interpretations are constantly being promoted, indirectly, not directly by name, by false teachers or confused brethren. And, those men of God who  stand for the truth are being slandered, scorned, and maligned at every opportunity.  And, along with a barrelful of 'internet theologians' just about every internet forum is being infiltrated by 'Historical' proponants of prophetic prophecy.

• Moderators

I admit readily as to never having been a serious student of a lot of prophecy, but I tend to look at it this way: History is pretty clear that the events of revelation haven't occurred yet-there are things that are very clearly laid out that simply haven't occurred; earth-changing events. So, even without deep study, it seem plain that these things are future-and this goes beyond my issue on rapture timing-that is future, as well.

• Members
2 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

I admit readily as to never having been a serious student of a lot of prophecy, but I tend to look at it this way: History is pretty clear that the events of revelation haven't occurred yet-there are things that are very clearly laid out that simply haven't occurred; earth-changing events. So, even without deep study, it seem plain that these things are future-and this goes beyond my issue on rapture timing-that is future, as well.

If you allow for sufficient time to pass from the Rapture until the Tribulation, then you have sufficient time for Revelation to fully develop (especially the first 3 chapters).  How many years passed between the closing of the Book of Acts and the destruction of the Temple?                                               Some mistakenly conclude that Rev 4:1 describes the Rapture.

Edited by beameup

• Members
On 1/18/2016 at 7:00 PM, Alan said:

the website: www.secret-rapture.com

Never heard of it before and just went to visit.  Goodness Gracious!  Ministries are to be conducted through the authority of the local, visible, New Testament Church.  I cannot one day decide to be a preacher and start my own church or website and expect the Lord's blessings.  The saints serve God through his NT churches.  Having said that, I do believe that denominations, like political parties, are evil, as they seek to divide people.  And having said that, surely the Lord can ensure that his Word reaches a lost and dying world without one his pastor's being ashamed of who they are and what they stand for.  The Bible says the wise in heart will receive commandments and that correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way; so need to hide who you are unless ye be lead by another spirit.

But that website is not really about saving a lost and dying world now is it?  No, it purports to teach doctrine to an anonymous audience, these do not appear to be sermons or studies from a NT church posted on its website for future reference.  Preaching doctrine outside of the authority of the local church to an anonymous audience is strange to me.  The lost aren't going to have a clue, they need the gospel before they can understand any of it.

Unless a Christian knows that this website is under the authority of a New Testament Church and run and organized biblically, it should be ignored.

But alas!  We know that this site is not for its teachings and associations are not of and outside the will of God!

• Members
1 hour ago, beameup said:

If you allow for sufficient time to pass from the Rapture until the Tribulation, then you have sufficient time for Revelation to fully develop (especially the first 3 chapters).  How many years passed between the closing of the Book of Acts and the destruction of the Temple?                                               Some mistakenly conclude that Rev 4:1 describes the Rapture.

I am still waiting for an answer for an answer. I did notice that you changed your avator. Is this due to the conincidence of the website I quoted?

To answer the above question. The first three chapters of Revelation deal with the events of the 7 local churches and their relationship with the Lord Jesus. To say that, "some mistakenly conclude that Rev. 4:1 describes the Rapture," is not a question it is an accusation. By asking the question that way you already assume that the belief that the Rapture occurs in Revelation 4:1 is in error. You are not seeking an honest answer with such a question.

• Members
11 hours ago, Alan said:

Concerning the correct interpretation of prophecy In the scriptures: the three primary schools of interpretation are the 'Futuristic' and 'Historical' and 'A-millenial' schools of interpretation. Lately, in other threads, two of these three schools of interpretation were mentioned by interpretation but not mentioned by name. A-millenial was mentioned by name but 'futurisic' and 'historical' were not mentioned by name but by interpretation.

Brethren,

This thread was started to discuss the three schools of thought concerning prophecy; i.e., the 'Futuristic,' 'Historical,' method of prophetic, the Book of Revelation, interpretation. The aforementioned website was brought to our attention to show how a lot of folks believe in the, "Historical," method of interpretation. And, that the Fundamentalist belief is the 'Futuristic' method of interpretation.

This thread is not a discussion on individual passages in Revelation it is just a simple question: What method of interpretation do you believe in? A simple one word answer, or phrase, will suffice.

Alan

• Administrators
6 hours ago, beameup said:

If you allow for sufficient time to pass from the Rapture until the Tribulation, then you have sufficient time for Revelation to fully develop 

Yes, and if you allow for sufficient time to pass (like millions of years) then you will have sufficient time for evolution to fully develop or be invented by those with no Spiritual eyesight or love for the truth of God's Word. :coffee:

Rom. 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? 
 4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Alan, I am sorry for digressing from the intent of your thread, I just couldn't help it. :wub:

Edited by Jim_Alaska
addition

• Moderators
20 hours ago, beameup said:

I assume you know where I stand on the time of the rapture.

• Members
On ‎2016‎年‎1‎月‎18‎日 at 2:55 PM, Ukulelemike said:

Ukelelemike said something very important that all of us should take note of. The events that take place in Revelation chapter 6-19 are indeed earth-changing events. None of these earth-changing events have taken place in the "Historical" school on interpretation. As Ukelelemike futher stated it is very plain that these events as depicted in the book of Revelation are future events. In other other words they are prophetic, literal prophetic events that are going to happen on a global scale never yet seen in the history of mankind. The "Futuristic" school of interpretation is the only rational, historical, logical answer for the correct interpretation of the literal and global events as depicted in the book of Revelation; especially chapters 6-19.

This is in accordance to the teaching of the Lord Jesus in Matthew 24 and Mark 13. The Lord Jesus plainly taught, "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." In Matthew 24: 22 the Lord Jesus continues, "And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake, those days shall be shortened." The global, earth shaking events depicted in Revelation chapter 6-19 has never taken place on the earth up until this time. So, the "Historical" school of interpretation is a fallacy; a false teaching. And, the "Futuristic" teaching is the correct teaching.

Alan 

Edited by Alan
spelling