• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

13 hours ago, Ronda said:
15 hours ago, Invicta said:

But they didn't get an answer, did they?  And they never repeated it after the resurrection.

Yes, they DID get an answer...from Jesus Himself.  It was not the answer they wanted... they obviously thought He would restore the kingdom to Israel right then. God had and has other plans. The answer they got (from Jesus Himself) was:

Acts 1:7 "And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power."

We notice, that Jesus did NOT say.... Nope, it isn't going to happen... God forbid.  He instead said to them: "it is not for you to know the times or seasons", which does show there WILL be a "time" and a "season" wherein the kingdom will be restored... and not just restored, but the OT is replete with information about the Kingdom to come, and specifically for Israel. 

Sister Ronda, Thanks or your detailed reply,  

You are correct, I was wrong in saying they did get an answer, but I was overlooking that, I should have said after the ascension  But you only gave part of the answer.  The whole answer was in the following verses,

Verse 8 gives the time when the kingdom would come,when they received power and the Holy Spirit came upon them.

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Remember Jesus said. John 18:36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Then we read   10  And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11  Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Jesus will return, the same was He went.

20 hours ago, Invicta said:

You are correct, I was wrong in saying they did get an answer, but I was overlooking that, I should have said after the ascension  But you only gave part of the answer.  The whole answer was in the following verses,

Again, that's not true.. the "whole" answer is found in much more than just the verses you quoted... you would have to go back to the OT to read and comprehend so much more about what that kingdom is to entail... there are massive amounts of scripture pertaining to the millennial kingdom, very specific in content, especially in regard to Israel. The verses regarding the kingdom haven't happened YET... but it WILL!  God made promises to Israel and He will keep those promises. Either you believe God's word is true or you don't.  I could go back again and dig some out for you... but since that has been done already here again and again, ad nauseam,  why bother? You have to throw out a lot of scripture to arrive at the conclusion you do. I refuse to do that. 

Edited by Ronda
spelling

Luke 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

The Jesus fulfilled the law.

Matthew 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.  Romans 11:25-27

Only a "remnant" of genetically pure Hebrew Israelis will survive the Great Tribulation and be saved by the return of Messiah.  At that time Jesus will set-up his Kingdom at Jerusalem in Israel.  Isaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:  Rom 9:27

In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. Zech 12:8-10

The "Second Coming"
Edited by beameup

1 hour ago, John81 said:

According to the pre-trib rapture view one-third of Jews will be saved in the Great Tribulation. Scripture says nothing about these Jews being "genetically pure Hebrew Israelis".

Same-same: "Jew", "Hebrew", "children of Israel", "Jacob", etc. etc. etc.  If you are not genetically pure, you cannot be 100% Hebrew. "These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, [Noah was not a hybrid nephalim] and Noah walked with God." Gen 6:9

Perhaps you overlooked the description given in Revelation 7, where 12 "tribes" are listed (composed of 12,000 from each tribe) as the defining term/terms.

BTW, it is the Bible uses the term "remnant" being saved. Isa 10:21, Rom 9:27

Perhaps the reference to where it states that "one-third of Jews" will be saved in the Tribulation??

Edited by beameup

Still nothing about "genetically pure".

And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Zechariah 13:8-9

4 hours ago, beameup said:

Same-same: "Jew", "Hebrew", "children of Israel", "Jacob", etc. etc. etc.  If you are not genetically pure, you cannot be 100% Hebrew. "These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, [Noah was not a hybrid nephalim] and Noah walked with God." Gen 6:9 

So Jesus was not 100% Hebrew?

Matthew 1:1 ¶  The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
2  Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
3  And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
4  And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
5  And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
6  And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
7  And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
8  And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
9  And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
10  And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
11  And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
12  And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
13  And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
14  And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
15  And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
16  And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Rachab (Rahab) was an Amorite,  Ruth was a Moabite

Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; 

Salmon begat Booz of Rachab;

Booz begat Obed of Ruth;

David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;

Only four women menttioned in our LORD's family tree and everyone someone who no self respecting Jew would want in theirs

4 hours ago, Invicta said:

So Jesus was not 100% Hebrew?

Matthew 1:1 ¶  The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
2  Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
3  And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
4  And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
5  And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
6  And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
7  And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
8  And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
9  And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
10  And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
11  And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
12  And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
13  And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
14  And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
15  And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
16  And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Rachab (Rahab) was an Amorite,  Ruth was a Moabite

Noah was NOT a "Hebrew", "Jew", Israelite", etc.  The first "Jew",-"Hebrew" was Abraham.  The verse concerning Noah demonstrates that the understanding of not corrupting the DNA of humans (by cross-breeding with fallen angels) was understood.  There was always the possibility of a non-Jew (non-Hebrew) to become a Jew (Hebrew); they were called proselytes. Of course, this knowledge only comes with understanding Judaism to some extent. 

Noah was "perfect in his generations" [ie: 100% HUMAN]

Edited by beameup

38 minutes ago, beameup said:

Noah was NOT a "Hebrew", "Jew", Israelite", etc.  The first "Jew",-"Hebrew" was Abraham.  The verse concerning Noah demonstrates that the understanding of not corrupting the DNA of humans (by cross-breeding with fallen angels) was understood.  There was always the possibility of a non-Jew (non-Hebrew) to become a Jew (Hebrew); they were called proselytes. Of course, this knowledge only comes with understanding Judaism to some extent. 

Who was "cross-breeding with fallen angels"? When? How? Where are they now?

A person can become a Jew with regards to religion but they can't become a racial or genetic Jew or Hebrew.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:41 AM, beameup said:

Perhaps you overlooked the description given in Revelation 7, where 12 "tribes" are listed (composed of 12,000 from each tribe) as the defining term/terms.

BTW, it is the Bible uses the term "remnant" being saved. Isa 10:21, Rom 9:27

Perhaps the reference to where it states that "one-third of Jews" will be saved in the Tribulation??

Numbers 12:1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

His sons became part of the house of Levi, but only in the Bible and real life.

8 hours ago, MountainChristian said:

Yes. Most say that Zipporah was dead when Moses married again. But I don't remember reading that she died.

Scripture doesn't give details so all we have is speculation. Some put forth the idea Moses only had one wife which was identified differently. Some say Moses married again after his first wife went home with her dad. Others say Moses had two wives at the same time. Etc.

The truth is, we don't really know and it must not have been important for us to know the details or God would have included the details in Scripture.

On 1/29/2016 at 7:00 PM, John81 said:
On 1/28/2016 at 6:20 PM, beameup said:

Who was "cross-breeding with fallen angels"? When? How? Where are they now?

A person can become a Jew with regards to religion but they can't become a racial or genetic Jew or Hebrew.

GENESIS 6:
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Noah was not genetically contaminated with whatever was going on there... whatever you want to label them...they were destroyed in the flood. 

3 hours ago, Ronda said:

GENESIS 6:
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Noah was not genetically contaminated with whatever was going on there... whatever you want to label them...they were destroyed in the flood. 

Where does it say anyone was "genetically contaminated"?

31 minutes ago, John81 said:
32 minutes ago, John81 said:

Where does it say anyone was "genetically contaminated"?

Noah was not contaminated:

3 hours ago, Ronda said:

2 hours ago, MountainChristian said:

How many generations was alive with Noah?

Quite a few. Quite a few before the flood and quite a few after.

I once did a chart from Adam to Abraham and there were some interesting facts. I found that Shem outlived Abraham. The chart has been lost but I noticed more recently that someone at church has done a similar one.  I just did a quick bit of mental arithmetic and it seems Abraham was born about 310 years after the flood.  After the flood Shem lived 502 years.

Provisos

Gen 5:32  And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth. But although mentioned last, Japheth was the eldest.Gen 10:21
Likewise 11:26  And Terah lived seventy years, and begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran. After Terah was 70 years he had three sons but we are not told who was the eldest here.  I had an Idea Abraham was the youngest but I don't know why.

Noah also lived for 350 years after the flood.  

Edited by Invicta

6 hours ago, Ronda said:

Noah was not contaminated:

Amen!  Satan's attempt to destroy (contaminate) the human DNA by cross-breeding his fallen angels with mankind almost succeeded, and by doing so would have made it impossible for God to provide a (pure) human Savior for mankind. Christ died for mankind, not the angels or their offspring the Nephilim (which were all destroyed in the Flood).  Of course, this is another "forgotten truth" which was suppressed by the founders of the Catholic Church in the 4th Century, as it didn't "fit" into their "theology".

Edited by beameup

The devil has always attempted to thwart God's plans... and that nasty devil gets "shot down" every time! God is all powerful, and the devil is an IDIOT for ever thinking he could derail God's perfect plans.. yet the stupid thing keeps trying. I understand that the "Jewish people" didn't actually exist until God chose Abraham, and his seed Isaac, and further down the lineage to Jacob (being renamed Israel). But since that time, the devil has tried repeatedly to kill off the Jews.  The devil put it in Herod's heart to attempt to kill all the Jewish male infants of 2 years and younger in an attempt to derail Christ (he'd already tried this during Moses' time and wasn't successful in killing off Moses, yet he thought he could use the same tactics and kill Jesus? How incredibly and arrogantly stupid) . The devil tried to tempt Jesus when Jesus was here on earth. How stupid is that? That devil never wins. God is ALWAYS victorious! The devil does do some damage... look at the holocaust, and even the antisemitism of today. It's horrible what the devil does... but he is never successful in wiping out the Jews, no matter how hard he tries and how much human hatred he uses for his advantage (even today antisemitism is happening AND in many churches no less!!!). The devil has even blinded many into claiming Israel's blessings for themselves (funny, those types always claim the blessings and future promises of Israel for themselves, but none of the curses... now that is some hypocrisy!) So the devil can twist human hearts bent on hatred, and he can slaughter many Jews (and Christians for that matter) But God always brings a remnant of Jewish people through!!! And one day the Jews WILL have their physical land restored to the full... the kingdom will last a thousand years, and God will fulfill His promises to them. God keeps His promises!!! The devil is so jealous of Israel. He got booted out of heaven and thrown to the earth. He might have some power over the world right now, but Jesus is going to come at the end of the tribulation, and claim His rightful place as King of kings and Lord of lords!!! That nasty devil will be bound and cast into the bottomless pit for a thousand years! The devil KNOWS THIS... yet he still has the utter audacity and arrogance to keep trying. It's amazing that even at the end of the thousand years the devil will again be let loose for a short season, he will again deceive the nations, but this time he will be done FOR GOOD!!! When he gets thrown into the lake of fire for all eternity, sin will finally be done for ever and ever. That is a glorious and wonderful thought!!! No more sin EVER!

God is so wonderful to even let us in on knowing about His future plans. We have so many wonderful things to look forward to when we receive glorified bodies. I look forward to that with great eagerness. Not just the fact that those glorified bodies will never mourn, never be sad, never cry, never feel pain, and never again die!!! That's wonderful all in itself. But to think upon what it will be like to see Jesus as He is!!! To have a glorified body as His! Just to be in His presence... the One who NEVER sinned, the One who is perfect, righteous, just, and so much more! To feel the love He has for us... He gave his life for us to atone for our sins. That is REAL love... love beyond comprehension, while we were yet sinners Christ died for us!!! I don't have any idea how our "senses" will work in glorified bodies, we know that it has never entered into the heart of man, so we can't fully understand or comprehend how wonderful it will be, but I do imagine (and this is speculative imagination) that our glorified bodies will have senses so profound, and not limited to the 5 senses we have in human (corruptible bodies) such as taste, touch, hearing, sight, and taste... I wonder (speculate)will the senses be so much more and so much better in glorified bodies?... we may even have more senses than those? (but I don't know that for a fact since it's not in scripture). But Jesus, in His resurrected body did enter into where the disciples were and the door was shut, yet He appeared in the midst of them. Does that mean he could materialize or pass through walls/doors? And does that mean we will also be able to move about like that? I don't know... but it's another wonderful thing to think about. One thing I do know for certain (because it IS in the Bible clearly) is this... it will ALL be worth it! Romans 8:18 "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."  And I agree with this also in Romans 8:23 ".....even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.".  I am sorry I went on and wrote another long post, but it couldn't be helped... I so look forward to the promises of receiving an uncorruptible body, and of being in the presence of Jesus! I know we've got work to do while we are still here, and so that we do to the glory of God. But when my day comes (whether by rapture or if the Lord tarries, by physical death) I am ready and more than glad to go!!!

Brother John, I have already attempted to show you in Genesis 6 what happened and how "giants" came to be. Verses 1- 9, and specifically verse 4 tells what happened. 

Regardless, it does not matter now, because the "giants", the "men of renown"  (whatever you want to call them) were killed off during the flood. And the angels who fell with the devil are also irrelevant because they are now in everlasting chains awaiting judgment. 

2 Peter 2:4 "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment"

Jude 1:6 "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day"

So all those people who attempt to sell books/videos, claiming nonsense about the "nephilim" (or whatever they want to call them) still existing is utter nonsense!  Whether or not you believe what happened in Genesis 6:1-9 is or isn't "giants", "men of renown" or as some people call them "nephilim", isn't an issue... what is the issue is that they no longer EXIST because they were all killed off during the flood. AND the "fallen angels" which went with the devil, are also no longer an issue because right now they are in chains in hell awaiting judgment. SO either way, there are neither types of beings on the earth. If you have further questions, maybe brother Alan or Pastor Markle could do a better job explaining it than I can?  I don't really want to argue the point because they no longer exist on earth, and the fallen angels are also in chains in hell right now, so it makes no difference what you OR I believe the "giants" and "men of renown" were since none of them exist on the earth any more.