• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Kingdom

• Members
7 hours ago, beameup said:
But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.  Galatians 4:4-5  Jesus' ministry was "under the Law".

Some have forgotten that Jesus (much) later appeared to Paul and gave him the revelation of the mystery, a mystery that until that time was unknown and not revealed in the O.T.
How that by revelation he [Jesus] made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: Eph 3:3-6
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:  Col 1:26-27

Now, during the Kingdom (Millennial Reign of Messiah) - during the next "dispensation" - the Gentiles on the Earth will come to Israel to worship the King.  Israel will then be "a light unto the Gentiles".

Jesus was born under the law. But the law expired with John.   Luke 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.  Jesus came to fulfil the law.Matt 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.  
 Since the time of John, the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. They could not press into it if it was was more than 2000 years in advance of that time.  Jesus said Mark 9:1  And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.   And unless you are one of those strange people who believe that .the Apostle John is still alive, and there are such, I have met them on other sites, (Jn 21:20-23)  I don't usually make assumptions about people but in this case I am making and assumption that you are not one of those people, I don't see how you can say that the kingdom is way in the future.

I am not very good at putting things into words, so I prefer to post just scriptures.  Last time I posted two scriptures which I hoped you would link but obviously you didn't as you took one out of the context I was trying to establish. So let us try again:

Romans 15:8  Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: In discussions on Daniel I said I believed that these promises that Christ confirmed were indeed the covenant Christ confirmed in Daniel 9:27.  But in my previous post I was connecting it to Pentecost.   Acts 1:4.  And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. What I am saying is that the promise of the father, the giving of the Holy Spirit was the same promises that Christ ministered to the fathers. , and His Kingdom was manifested then.  If you say that what Peter said only applied to the Jews, I disagree, because he said   21:  And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be savedThat was part of Joel's prophecy which fully applied to those days, and ours too,  for that matter.

• Members
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:06 AM, beameup said:

The word used there is Ekklesia, which simply means "assembly".  Israel in the wilderness was an "assembly" [Acts 7:38].  Synagogues are called an "assembly".  You are using the rules of "Replacement Theology" and assuming that all scriptures refer only to "the church" (Body of Christ), and that God has only one group of "elect".  You are "assuming" that Revelation was written to and for "the church" (Body of Christ).

Was John a "Hebrew"?  Was John part of "Israel"? Do the promises of Exodus 19:5-6 apply to Israel, or has the church "replaced" Israel?

Was Paul's father a displaced Jew in Greece? Was Paul a Jew? Was Paul a Pharisee? Was Paul part of Israel? Do any of these verses refer to the "Body of Christ"? Was Paul teaching replacement theology?

Rom 16:1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church Ekklesia which is at Cenchrea:

Rom 16:4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches Ekklesia of the Gentiles.

Rom 16:5 Likewise greet the church Ekklesia that is in their house. Salute my wellbeloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.

Rom 16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches Ekklesia of Christ salute you.

Rom 16:23 Gaius mine host, and of the whole church, Ekklesia saluteth you. Erastus the chamberlain of the city saluteth you, and Quartus a brother.

1Co 1:2 Unto the church Ekklesia of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

1Co 4:17 For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church. Ekklesia

1Co 6:4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. Ekklesia

1Co 7:17 But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches. Ekklesia

1Co 10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church Ekklesia of God:

1Co 11:16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches Ekklesia of God.

1Co 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, Ekklesia I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

1Co 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church Ekklesia of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, Ekklesia first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

1Co 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. Ekklesia

1Co 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church Ekklesia may receive edifying.

1Co 14:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. Ekklesia

1Co 14:19 Yet in the church Ekklesia I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

1Co 14:23 If therefore the whole church Ekklesia be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

1Co 14:28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; Ekklesia and let him speak to himself, and to God.

1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches Ekklesia of the saints.

1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: Ekklesia for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

1Co 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. Ekklesia

1Co 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church Ekklesia of God.

1Co 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches Ekklesia of Galatia, even so do ye.

1Co 16:19 The churches G1577 of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church Ekklesia that is in their house.

2Co 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church Ekklesia of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

2Co 8:1 Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches Ekklesia of Macedonia;

2Co 8:18 And we have sent with him the brother, whose praise is in the gospel throughout all the churches; Ekklesia

2Co 8:19 And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches Ekklesia to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:

2Co 8:23 Whether any do enquire of Titus, he is my partner and fellowhelper concerning you: or our brethren be enquired of, they are the messengers of the churches, Ekklesia and the glory of Christ.

2Co 8:24 Wherefore shew ye to them, and before the churches, Ekklesia the proof of your love, and of our boasting on your behalf.

2Co 11:8 I robbed other churches, Ekklesia taking wages of them, to do you service.

2Co 11:28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches. Ekklesia

2Co 12:13 For what is it wherein ye were inferior to other churches, Ekklesia except it be that I myself was not burdensome to you? forgive me this wrong.

Gal 1:2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches Ekklesia of Galatia:

Gal 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church Ekklesia of God, and wasted it:

Gal 1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches Ekklesia of Judaea which were in Christ:

Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Ekklesia

Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church Ekklesia the manifold wisdom of God,

Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church Ekklesia by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: Ekklesia and he is the saviour of the body.

Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church Ekklesia is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, Ekklesia and gave himself for it;

Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, Ekklesia not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: Ekklesia

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Ekklesia

Phl 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; Ekklesia touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Phl 4:15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church Ekklesia communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: Ekklesia who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Col 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Ekklesia

Col 4:15 Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church Ekklesia which is in his house.

Col 4:16 And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church Ekklesia of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

1Th 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church Ekklesia of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 2:14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches Ekklesia of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:

2Th 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church Ekklesia of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

2Th 1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches Ekklesia of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church Ekklesia of God?)

1Ti 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church Ekklesia of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

1Ti 5:16 If any man or woman that believeth have widows, let them relieve them, and let not the church Ekklesia be charged; that it may relieve them that are widows indeed.

Phm 1:2 And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellowsoldier, and to the church Ekklesia in thy house:

• Members

Acts 28:30 ¶  And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, 31  Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

• Members
On Friday, February 05, 2016 at 11:34 PM, Pastor Scott Markle said:

No sir, I am NOT saying this at all.  Indeed, I have no need whatsoever at all to be saying this; for Genesis 6:4 does NOT indicate that the "giants" (Hebrew, "n'philiym") were the offspring of "the sons of God" with "the daughters of men."  So then, let us consider what Genesis 6:4 actually DOES indicate.

Concerning Genesis 6:4

“There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”

Grammatically, this verse presents a compound sentence, containing two independent clauses that are joined with the conjunction “and.”  The first of these independent clauses is the statement, “There were giants in the earth in those days.”  This statement simply reveals the existence of “giants” (Hebrew, “n’philiym”) “in the earth” at the time of “those days.”  It does not reveal anything more about those “giants.”  It does not reveal anything about their character or their conduct.  It does not reveal anything about their origins or their parentage.  It does not reveal anything about their size or their stature.

Then the second of the independent clause in Genesis 6:4 encompasses the remainder of the verse, “And also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”  This statement begins with a phrase of addition and of time – “also after that.”  Herein the adverb “also” indicates that the reality of this independent clause is something that is in addition to the reality of the previous independent clause to which it is attached.  Furthermore, the prepositional phrase, “after that,” indicates that the reality of this independent clause is something that occurred in time after the reality of the previous independent clause to which it is attached. 

Now, this is significant for a correct understanding of this verse, because of the principle that cause does not follow after effect, but that effect follows after cause.  Since this second independent clause speaks concerning the reproduction of “the sons of God” with “the daughters of men,” and since it speaks of this reproduction as occurring in time AFTER the existence of the “giants” (“n’philiym”) “in the earth,” it is NOT possible for this reproduction of “the sons of God” with “the daughters of men” to be the cause for that existence of the “giants in the earth.”  The cause for the existence of these “giants” CANNOT come AFTER the effect.

However, the information of this second independent clause in Genesis 6:4 DOES reveal who actually WERE the offspring of “the sons of God” with “the daughters of men.”  After the opening phrase of addition and time, this clause presents a “when-then” statement.  First, the “when” side of the statement is grammatically presented as a compound protasis of two parts, as follows: (1) “when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men” and (2) when “they [the daughters of men] bare children to them [the sons of God].”  This “when” side of the statement reveals the cause for the “then” side of the statement.  This cause is that “the sons of God” engaged in sexual relations with “the daughters of men” (which, according to Genesis 6:1-2, “the sons of God” had taken as their wives) and that “the daughters of men” in turn became pregnant and bear children unto “the sons of God,” their husbands.

Second, the “then” side of the statement (the apodosis) reveals the effect (or, result) of this procreation between “the sons of God” and “the daughters of men.”  Indeed, this effect (or, result) is that “the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”  Herein the subject of this effect (or, result) statement is “the same,” and it indicates that this statement is about the very “same” children that “the daughters of men” bare unto “the sons of God.”  These very “same” children grew up to become, NOT the “giants” (“n’philiym”), BUT “mighty men,” who were “men of renown.”  As such, it is grammatically invalid to claim from Genesis 6:4 that the “giants” (“n’philiym”) were the offspring of “the sons of God” and “the daughters of men.”

Genesis 6:4  There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Surely this could just as easily mean that 'their were giants in those days, and afterward', I.E. after the flood. And then the question would arise where did they come from? did they survive the flood? So Scripture explains where they came from.

• Members
5 hours ago, Invicta said:

Jesus was born under the law. But the law expired with John.   Luke 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.  Jesus came to fulfil the law.Matt 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.  
 Since the time of John, the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. They could not press into it if it was was more than 2000 years in advance of that time.  Jesus said Mark 9:1  And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.   And unless you are one of those strange people who believe that .the Apostle John is still alive, and there are such, I have met them on other sites, (Jn 21:20-23)  I don't usually make assumptions about people but in this case I am making and assumption that you are not one of those people, I don't see how you can say that the kingdom is way in the future.

I am not very good at putting things into words, so I prefer to post just scriptures.  Last time I posted two scriptures which I hoped you would link but obviously you didn't as you took one out of the context I was trying to establish. So let us try again:

Romans 15:8  Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: In discussions on Daniel I said I believed that these promises that Christ confirmed were indeed the covenant Christ confirmed in Daniel 9:27.  But in my previous post I was connecting it to Pentecost.   Acts 1:4.  And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. What I am saying is that the promise of the father, the giving of the Holy Spirit was the same promises that Christ ministered to the fathers. , and His Kingdom was manifested then.  If you say that what Peter said only applied to the Jews, I disagree, because he said   21:  And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be savedThat was part of Joel's prophecy which fully applied to those days, and ours too,  for that matter.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.  Matthew 5:17

• Members

4 hours ago, Invicta said:

Scripture doesn't give any more information, but I should think so.

Agreed. Interesting.

Word Origin and History for hire

v.

Old English hyrian "pay for service, employ for wages, engage," from Proto-Germanic *hurjan (cf. Danish hyre, Old Frisian hera, Dutch huren, German heuern "to hire, rent"). Reflexively, "to agree to work for wages" from mid-13c. Related: Hired ; hiring.

Edited by heartstrings

• Members
4 hours ago, beameup said:
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.  Matthew 5:17

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Is this only for Jews? Is it replacement theology? Was it said to Jews by a Jew? Is the Father's house in Heaven? Where will you (a gentile) go when you die? If you hope to go to the Father's house is that catholic replacement theology?

• Members
4 hours ago, heartstrings said:

Agreed. Interesting.

Word Origin and History for hire

v.

Old English hyrian "pay for service, employ for wages, engage," from Proto-Germanic *hurjan (cf. Danish hyre, Old Frisian hera, Dutch huren, German heuern "to hire, rent"). Reflexively, "to agree to work for wages" from mid-13c. Related: Hired ; hiring.

When I emphasised that, I was not trying to bring to notice Paul living in his own hired house, but Paul himself.  I should perhaps only have emphasised Paul.  

I suppose that Luke was bringing to our attention the fact that Paul was not in prison a that point.

7 hours ago, beameup said:

Of course.  The Law and prophets were till John then Christ came and the law was fulfilled,  

• Members
1 hour ago, Invicta said:

When I emphasised that, I was not trying to bring to notice Paul living in his own hired house, but Paul himself.  I should perhaps only have emphasised Paul.  

I suppose that Luke was bringing to our attention the fact that Paul was not in prison a that point.

Of course.  The Law and prophets were till John then Christ came and the law was fulfilled,  

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. James 2:10
Christ lived and died "under the law".  John the Baptist was beheaded long before the crucifixion.  Jesus never "broke the Law" (of Moses).

δέ εἰ τὶς ἀγνοέω ἀγνοέω

Edited by beameup

• Members
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:19 AM, beameup said:
Isaiah 61:4-7
And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.
For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.
Isaiah 60, 61, 62 concern the Kingdom of God on the earth, located in Israel

Isaiah 61:1-2a
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD -- Jesus announcing that the Kingdom of God was "at hand". Luke 4:18-19

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Was Paul teaching catholic replacement theology, by telling these Gentiles they could inherit the kingdom of God?

• Members
15 hours ago, Old-Pilgrim said:

Genesis 6:4  There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Surely this could just as easily mean that 'their were giants in those days, and afterward', I.E. after the flood. And then the question would arise where did they come from? did they survive the flood? So Scripture explains where they came from.

Brother "Old-Pilgrim," (If you were to provide your given name, I would use it out of respect for you.)

Actually, your position is NOT a valid possibility because the Hebrew grammar will NOT allow for it.  In the Hebrew the adverb that is translated "after that" is DIRECTLY connected to the which FOLLOWS, not to that which precedes.  The King James translators understood this; therefore, they included the semicolon between the word "days" and the word "and" in order to signal this unto the English reader, thereby revealing the end of the first independent clause and the beginning of the second independent clause.  As such, the phrase "after that" is not a modifier that is connected to the first independent clause, but is certainly a modifier that is connected to the second independent clause -- "And also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." 

Furthermore, the conclusion of the second independent clause actually DOES reveal the nature of the offspring for "the sons of God" and "the daughters of men."  Indeed, it reveals that their offspring were MEN, indicating that their children "became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."  Yes, they became "mighty men," "men of renown;" yet they were still MEN, not some angel-man hybrid.

Even so, as I said before, so say I now again -- It is grammatically invalid to claim from Genesis 6:4 that the “giants” (“n’philiym”) were the offspring of “the sons of God” and “the daughters of men.”

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Members
7 hours ago, Invicta said:

No problem. It was just interesting: I had never noticed the mention of "renting" in the Bible before. I'm sure it was mentioned for some good reason though.

• Members
5 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Brother "Old-Pilgrim," (If you were to provide your given name, I would use it out of respect for you.)

Actually, your position is NOT a valid possibility because the Hebrew grammar will NOT allow for it.  In the Hebrew the adverb that is translated "after that" is DIRECTLY connected to the which FOLLOWS, not to that which precedes.  The King James translators understood this; therefore, they included the semicolon between the word "days" and the word "and" in order to signal this unto the English reader, thereby revealing the end of the first independent clause and the beginning of the second independent clause.  As such, the phrase "after that" is not a modifier that is connected to the first independent clause, but is certainly a modifier that is connected to the second independent clause -- "And also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." 

Furthermore, the conclusion of the second independent clause actually DOES reveal the nature of the offspring for "the sons of God" and "the daughters of men."  Indeed, it reveals that their offspring were MEN, indicating that their children "became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."  Yes, they became "mighty men," "men of renown;" yet they were still MEN, not some angel-man hybrid.

Even so, as I said before, so say I now again -- It is grammatically invalid to claim from Genesis 6:4 that the “giants” (“n’philiym”) were the offspring of “the sons of God” and “the daughters of men.”

Brother Scott,

I agree with you that the giants were not the offspring of the sons of God and that there were no angel/human hybrids. But I would point out that a semicolon, between the two independent clauses does relate the second to the first; likewise, so does the conjunction "and". If it were not related, there would be a period instead of the semicolon. But if there were a period, then the first sentence would be out of place. The phrase "after that" cannot mean "at a later time" because the whole story takes place "in those days" and "those days" are "when men began to multiply.....", namely the whole of Genesis chapters 4. 5 and 6 until verse 7.

Scroll down to the second synonym in the left hand column and click on it.  http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/after+that . The phrase "after that" contains a preposition and a pronoun: the preposition "after" also can mean "because of" , "according to", "consequent to", "subsequent to", "in imitation of"http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/after .  The pronoun "that" refers directly to the sentence "there were giants in the earth in those days".

“There were giants in the earth in those days; and also (according to that) or ((in imitation of that) or (subsequent to that), when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”