• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Kingdom

• Members
1 hour ago, John81 said:

According to the pre-trib rapture view one-third of Jews will be saved in the Great Tribulation. Scripture says nothing about these Jews being "genetically pure Hebrew Israelis".

Same-same: "Jew", "Hebrew", "children of Israel", "Jacob", etc. etc. etc.  If you are not genetically pure, you cannot be 100% Hebrew. "These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, [Noah was not a hybrid nephalim] and Noah walked with God." Gen 6:9

Perhaps you overlooked the description given in Revelation 7, where 12 "tribes" are listed (composed of 12,000 from each tribe) as the defining term/terms.

BTW, it is the Bible uses the term "remnant" being saved. Isa 10:21, Rom 9:27

Perhaps the reference to where it states that "one-third of Jews" will be saved in the Tribulation??

Edited by beameup

• Members

Still nothing about "genetically pure".

And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Zechariah 13:8-9

• Members
4 hours ago, beameup said:

Same-same: "Jew", "Hebrew", "children of Israel", "Jacob", etc. etc. etc.  If you are not genetically pure, you cannot be 100% Hebrew. "These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, [Noah was not a hybrid nephalim] and Noah walked with God." Gen 6:9 

So Jesus was not 100% Hebrew?

Matthew 1:1 ¶  The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
2  Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
3  And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
4  And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
5  And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
6  And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
7  And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
8  And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
9  And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
10  And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
11  And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
12  And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
13  And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
14  And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
15  And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
16  And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Rachab (Rahab) was an Amorite,  Ruth was a Moabite

• Members

Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; 

Salmon begat Booz of Rachab;

Booz begat Obed of Ruth;

David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;

Only four women menttioned in our LORD's family tree and everyone someone who no self respecting Jew would want in theirs

• Members
4 hours ago, Invicta said:

So Jesus was not 100% Hebrew?

Matthew 1:1 ¶  The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
2  Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
3  And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
4  And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
5  And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
6  And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
7  And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
8  And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
9  And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
10  And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
11  And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
12  And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
13  And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
14  And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
15  And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
16  And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Rachab (Rahab) was an Amorite,  Ruth was a Moabite

Noah was NOT a "Hebrew", "Jew", Israelite", etc.  The first "Jew",-"Hebrew" was Abraham.  The verse concerning Noah demonstrates that the understanding of not corrupting the DNA of humans (by cross-breeding with fallen angels) was understood.  There was always the possibility of a non-Jew (non-Hebrew) to become a Jew (Hebrew); they were called proselytes. Of course, this knowledge only comes with understanding Judaism to some extent. 

Noah was "perfect in his generations" [ie: 100% HUMAN]

Edited by beameup

• Members
38 minutes ago, beameup said:

Noah was NOT a "Hebrew", "Jew", Israelite", etc.  The first "Jew",-"Hebrew" was Abraham.  The verse concerning Noah demonstrates that the understanding of not corrupting the DNA of humans (by cross-breeding with fallen angels) was understood.  There was always the possibility of a non-Jew (non-Hebrew) to become a Jew (Hebrew); they were called proselytes. Of course, this knowledge only comes with understanding Judaism to some extent. 

Who was "cross-breeding with fallen angels"? When? How? Where are they now?

A person can become a Jew with regards to religion but they can't become a racial or genetic Jew or Hebrew.

• Members
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:41 AM, beameup said:

Perhaps you overlooked the description given in Revelation 7, where 12 "tribes" are listed (composed of 12,000 from each tribe) as the defining term/terms.

BTW, it is the Bible uses the term "remnant" being saved. Isa 10:21, Rom 9:27

Perhaps the reference to where it states that "one-third of Jews" will be saved in the Tribulation??

Numbers 12:1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

His sons became part of the house of Levi, but only in the Bible and real life.

• Members
8 hours ago, MountainChristian said:

Yes. Most say that Zipporah was dead when Moses married again. But I don't remember reading that she died.

Scripture doesn't give details so all we have is speculation. Some put forth the idea Moses only had one wife which was identified differently. Some say Moses married again after his first wife went home with her dad. Others say Moses had two wives at the same time. Etc.

The truth is, we don't really know and it must not have been important for us to know the details or God would have included the details in Scripture.

• Members
On 1/29/2016 at 7:00 PM, John81 said:
On 1/28/2016 at 6:20 PM, beameup said:

Who was "cross-breeding with fallen angels"? When? How? Where are they now?

A person can become a Jew with regards to religion but they can't become a racial or genetic Jew or Hebrew.

GENESIS 6:
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Noah was not genetically contaminated with whatever was going on there... whatever you want to label them...they were destroyed in the flood. 

• Members
3 hours ago, Ronda said:

GENESIS 6:
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Noah was not genetically contaminated with whatever was going on there... whatever you want to label them...they were destroyed in the flood. 

Where does it say anyone was "genetically contaminated"?

• Members
31 minutes ago, John81 said:
32 minutes ago, John81 said:

Where does it say anyone was "genetically contaminated"?

Noah was not contaminated:

3 hours ago, Ronda said: