• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Kingdom

• Members

Oddly enough I've heard many Baptist preachers that denounce replacement theology preach their own version. Some lift America up as the new Israel and apply the promises to ancient Israel to America. Time and again they will preach the promises to ancient Israel now belong to Christians. Many are quick to proclaim the laws given to ancient Israel, and instructions given specifically to ancient Israel, apply to America and call for their application here from matters of war to dealing with homosexuals and everything in between. Many of these preach Israel failed so God raised up America to fill that calling at this time.

In some Baptist churches a person would get the impression that the New Earth will be filled by American Baptists and only a few non-Baptists will be present; including a select number of Jews.

• Members
5 hours ago, beameup said:

Israel to be "a light to the Gentiles", which they would have become, if the Nation of Israel had heeded the preaching of the Twelve (Peter as the leader)... now "postponed".

I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; Isa 42:6

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. Isa 49:6

And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.  Isa 60:3

A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel. Luke 2:32

For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. Acts 13:47

That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles. Acts 26:23

So then, was Israel as a nation to be the "light to the Gentiles;" or was the Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah of God, to be the "light to the Gentiles"?

• Members
11 hours ago, beameup said:

Like I posted previously, many times, amillennalism, preterism, & replacement-theology are "mainstream" in Christendom,  and can be directly traced back to (St.) Augustine & Origen & Emperor Constantine.  You need to look no further. 

The Devil has done a good job of hiding those "forgotten truths" first presented in Pauline Epistles.

εἰ δέ τις ἀγνοεῖ ἀγνοέιτω

Doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, it doesn't make it true,  unless you can show their writings I don't need to believe you,  On the other hand there are documents written by Jesuits to show that they taught first preterism, then futurism,  Fortunately Mr Google had done a great job in digitising some of these both in their original languages and English translations. One thing the Roman Catholics never taught is Historicism, that is the only anti Catholic teaching. The others favour Catholics.

ano daw???

Edited by Invicta

• Members

The Gospel of the Kingdom presented to Israelis by Peter in Acts 3 (excerpt):

But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when   the times of refreshing [Millennial Kingdom]  shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until    the times of restitution of all things [Millennium Kingdom], which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

• Members
23 hours ago, beameup said:

The Gospel of the Kingdom presented to Israelis by Peter in Acts 3 (excerpt):

But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when   the times of refreshing [Millennial Kingdom]  shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until    the times of restitution of all things [Millennium Kingdom], which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

I think you are incorrect, the times of restitution of all things will be the new heaven and new earth.

• Members
13 hours ago, Invicta said:

I think you are incorrect, the times of restitution of all things will be the new heaven and new earth.

What restitution were they looking for in this verse? 

Acts 1:6 "When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?"  

• Members
11 hours ago, Ronda said:

What restitution were they looking for in this verse? 

Acts 1:6 "When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?"  

But they didn't get an answer, did they?  And they never repeated it after the resurrection.

• Members
1 hour ago, Invicta said:

But they didn't get an answer, did they?  And they never repeated it after the resurrection.

Yes, they DID get an answer...from Jesus Himself.  It was not the answer they wanted... they obviously thought He would restore the kingdom to Israel right then. God had and has other plans. The answer they got (from Jesus Himself) was:

Acts 1:7 "And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power."

We notice, that Jesus did NOT say.... Nope, it isn't going to happen... God forbid.  He instead said to them: "it is not for you to know the times or seasons", which does show there WILL be a "time" and a "season" wherein the kingdom will be restored... and not just restored, but the OT is replete with information about the Kingdom to come, and specifically for Israel. 

Acts 1:6 WAS after the resurrection, just prior to Jesus being taken up:

Acts 1:9 "And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight."

The odd thing is I am sure you already knew this.... Yes, I know you disagree with the kingdom, etc. but I am sure you already knew that Jesus DID in fact answer them, and that He was in His glorified body when He did so. Which makes your answer all the more puzzling... 

• Members
25 minutes ago, Ronda said:

Yes, they DID get an answer...from Jesus Himself.  It was not the answer they wanted... they obviously thought He would restore the kingdom to Israel right then. God had and has other plans. The answer they got (from Jesus Himself) was:

Acts 1:7 "And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power."

We notice, that Jesus did NOT say.... Nope, it isn't going to happen... God forbid.  He instead said to them: "it is not for you to know the times or seasons", which does show there WILL be a "time" and a "season" wherein the kingdom will be restored... and not just restored, but the OT is replete with information about the Kingdom to come, and specifically for Israel. 

Acts 1:6 WAS after the resurrection, just prior to Jesus being taken up:

Acts 1:9 "And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight."

The odd thing is I am sure you already knew this.... Yes, I know you disagree with the kingdom, etc. but I am sure you already knew that Jesus DID in fact answer them, and that He was in His glorified body when He did so. Which makes your answer all the more puzzling... 

Ronda,

Excellent answer! Thank You. The Lord bless you. The Lord Jesus truly did answer the question. To say that the Lord Jesus did not answer the question is incorrect. The problem is that folks do not like the answer. They do not know, or they do not accept the truth, that the nation of Israel will be restored in the proper timing as recorded in Revelation 20:4-6 thus fulfilling the words of the Lord Jesus in Acts 1:7

Brethren,

If a person wants to know when the time the Kingdom to the nation of Israel will be restored he needs to believe in the literal interpretation of the book of Revelation. For further study on the literal fulfillment of nation of Israel as referred to by the Lord Jesus as prophesied by the Lord Jesus I refer the folks to the study on Revelation 20:4-6.

Here is the link to that particular section of study: http://www.onlinebaptist.com/home/topic/23115-revelation-chapter-19-22-study/?page=3

Alan

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

Many Christians identify the 144,000 from Revelation as being pure Hebrews, filled with the Spirit (as in Acts), and actually accomplishing the "Great Commission" within 3 1/2 years (1st half of Tribulation), utilizing the gifts of instant fluency in foreign languages/dialects and instant "transportation" (as was the case with Philip & the Ethiopian).  There are many extremely small "tribes" of indigenous Negritos here in the Philippines that have never been "reached" by missionaries (for example). 

Edited by beameup

• Members
13 hours ago, Ronda said:
15 hours ago, Invicta said:

Sister Ronda, Thanks or your detailed reply,  

You are correct, I was wrong in saying they did get an answer, but I was overlooking that, I should have said after the ascension  But you only gave part of the answer.  The whole answer was in the following verses,

Verse 8 gives the time when the kingdom would come,when they received power and the Holy Spirit came upon them.

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Remember Jesus said. John 18:36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Then we read   10  And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11  Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Jesus will return, the same was He went.

• Members
20 hours ago, Invicta said:

You are correct, I was wrong in saying they did get an answer, but I was overlooking that, I should have said after the ascension  But you only gave part of the answer.  The whole answer was in the following verses,

Again, that's not true.. the "whole" answer is found in much more than just the verses you quoted... you would have to go back to the OT to read and comprehend so much more about what that kingdom is to entail... there are massive amounts of scripture pertaining to the millennial kingdom, very specific in content, especially in regard to Israel. The verses regarding the kingdom haven't happened YET... but it WILL!  God made promises to Israel and He will keep those promises. Either you believe God's word is true or you don't.  I could go back again and dig some out for you... but since that has been done already here again and again, ad nauseam,  why bother? You have to throw out a lot of scripture to arrive at the conclusion you do. I refuse to do that. 

Edited by Ronda
spelling

• Members

Luke 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

The Jesus fulfilled the law.

Matthew 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

• Members
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.  Romans 11:25-27

Only a "remnant" of genetically pure Hebrew Israelis will survive the Great Tribulation and be saved by the return of Messiah.  At that time Jesus will set-up his Kingdom at Jerusalem in Israel.  Isaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:  Rom 9:27

In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. Zech 12:8-10

The "Second Coming"
Edited by beameup