• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Kingdom

• Members
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.  Isaiah 60:1-3
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.  Isaiah 61:1-3
For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth. And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name. Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.  Isaiah 62:1-3
excerpts from Isaiah ch. 60, 61, 62

• Members
5 hours ago, beameup said:

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.  Isaiah 61:1-3

Fulfilled in Luke 4:17  And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18  The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,19  To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20  And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21  And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

And in   Luke 21:17  And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake. 18  But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19  In your patience possess ye your souls.
20 ¶  And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. 21  Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto
22  For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Fulfilled on AD 66-70 when believers fled Jerusalem according to the lord's command when they saw the Roman troops surounding the city.  And the Lord's vengeance fell on the unbelieving Jews.

Edited by Invicta

• Members
On 1/17/2016 at 8:25 AM, Invicta said:

Fulfilled in Luke 4:17  And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18  The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,19  To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20  And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21  And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

And in   Luke 21:17  And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake. 18  But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
20 ¶  And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. 21  Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto
22  For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Fulfilled on AD 66-70 when believers fled Jerusalem according to the lord's command when they saw the Roman troops surounding the city.  And the Lord's vengeance fell on the unbelieving Jews.

See my post concerning Amillennialism-Replacement Theology-Preterism.  It is the original heresy which formed the Catholic Church under Emperor Constantine in the 4th Cen.

• Members
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.  Isaiah 2:2-4

But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.  Micah 4:1-4

• Members
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:17 AM, beameup said:
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:25 AM, Invicta said:

Indeed, Isaiah 61:1 was fulfilled (even as our Lord Jesus Christ Himself declared) with the events of Luke 4:17-21 and the following earthly ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Indeed, Isaiah 61:2 was fulfilled with the very events about which our Lord Jesus Christ also prophesied in Luke 21:20-24, which occurred in 70 AD.

Yet what about the fulfillment of the positive things that are mentioned in Isaiah 61:3-ff?  Those things certainly could not occur during "the times of the Gentiles," since our Lord Jesus Christ prophesied in Luke 21:24 -- "And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled."

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Members
Afterward he brought me to the gate, even the gate that looketh toward the east: And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory. And it was according to the appearance of the vision which I saw, even according to the vision that I saw when I came to destroy the city: and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar; and I fell upon my face. And the glory of the LORD came into the house by the way of the gate whose prospect is toward the east. So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house. And I heard him speaking unto me out of the house; and the man stood by me. And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever,           and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.  Ezekiel 43:1-7

δέ εἰ τὶς ἀγνοέω ἀγνοέω

ezekielland_mil.gif

Edited by beameup

• Members

I like the chart above "beameup" posted in reference to the Land Division in the Millennial Kingdom:

Ezekiel 48:1-7 Precise allotment of the land in northern portion of Israel
Ezekiel 48:8-22 Precise allotment of the Holy portion
Ezekiel 48:23-29 Precise allotment of the land in the southern portion of Israel
Ezekiel 48:30-34 Precise placement of the gates
Ezekiel 48:35 the name of the city...

Ezekiel 48:35 "It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there."
    this verse matches up nicely with this verse:
Jeremiah 3:17 "At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart."
     as well as:
Isaiah 60:14 "14 The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee; The city of the Lord, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel."

This land allotment cannot happen in this current dispensation for many reasons... just one of which being that the "time of Jacob's trouble" precedes the land allotment fulfillment.
1/3 of Israel will be brought through this time period as "silver is refined" and as "gold is tried" and THEN "they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God." (Zech 13:9)
The land allotment was a promise TO Israel. God keeps His promises. All of the promises God made specifically TO Israel can only be fulfilled TO Israel.

• Members
17 minutes ago, Ronda said:

I like the chart above "beameup" posted in reference to the Land Division in the Millennial Kingdom:

Ezekiel 48:1-7 Precise allotment of the land in northern portion of Israel
Ezekiel 48:8-22 Precise allotment of the Holy portion
Ezekiel 48:23-29 Precise allotment of the land in the southern portion of Israel
Ezekiel 48:30-34 Precise placement of the gates
Ezekiel 48:35 the name of the city...

Ezekiel 48:35 "It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there."
    this verse matches up nicely with this verse:
Jeremiah 3:17 "At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart."
     as well as:
Isaiah 60:14 "14 The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee; The city of the Lord, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel."

This land allotment cannot happen in this current dispensation for many reasons... just one of which being that the "time of Jacob's trouble" precedes the land allotment fulfillment.
1/3 of Israel will be brought through this time period as "silver is refined" and as "gold is tried" and THEN "they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God." (Zech 13:9)
The land allotment was a promise TO Israel. God keeps His promises. All of the promises God made specifically TO Israel can only be fulfilled TO Israel.

Outstanding!  Then we will see the fulfillment of what was begun by John the Baptist, when:

Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:                   And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.  Exodus 19:5-6

• Members

Matt 11:13  For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Luke 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Matt 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

• Members
Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.  Isaiah 56:6-7

In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness. For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel; Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually. Jeremiah 33:15-18

And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.  Zechariah 14:16

• Members
On 18/01/2016 at 2:54 AM, beameup said:

See my post concerning Amillennialism-Replacement Theology-Preterism.  It is the original heresy which formed the Catholic Church under Emperor Constantine in the 4th Cen.

I find that Preterism and Futurism were both propagated by Jesuits,  The are both literalists to a point, and their end is the same.  They take the heat off the papacy, the true Antichrist.  Preterists take the book of Revelation literally but fulfilled in the past.  Futurists take it literally but to be filled in the future.  One difference.  Preterists take Dan 9 literally, futurists need to interpret it and add what is not there.

Edited by Invicta

• Members
20 hours ago, Invicta said:

I find that Preterism and Futurism were both propagated by Jesuits,  The are both literalists to a point, and their end is the same.  They take the heat off the papacy, the true Antichrist.  Preterists take the book of Revelation literally but fulfilled in the past.  Futurists take it literally but to be filled in the future.  One difference.  Preterists take Dan 9 literally, futurists need to interpret it and add what is not there.

Like I posted previously, many times, amillennalism, preterism, & replacement-theology are "mainstream" in Christendom,  and can be directly traced back to (St.) Augustine & Origen & Emperor Constantine.  You need to look no further. 

The Devil has done a good job of hiding those "forgotten truths" first presented in Pauline Epistles.

εἰ δέ τις ἀγνοεῖ ἀγνοέιτω

Edited by beameup

• Members

Israel to be "a light to the Gentiles", which they would have become, if the Nation of Israel had heeded the preaching of the Twelve (Peter as the leader)... now "postponed".

I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; Isa 42:6

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. Isa 49:6

And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.  Isa 60:3

A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel. Luke 2:32

For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. Acts 13:47

That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles. Acts 26:23

Edited by beameup