• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Audio/Visual King James Bible Website

• Members

Thank you so very much for sharing this brother "NN", I bookmarked the page, and I believe I will be listening to it  often (God willing)!  This is excellent because I noticed I don't have to continuously click each chapter, but it will automatically go to the next!!!! Yes, I do like Alexander Scourby's voice (and have gotten used to hearing his narration) but I agree, this man narrating is not an abrasive voice at all either. Very well enunciated wording as well! Thank you again! What a blessing!!!

• Members

Just wanted to let people know that I went ahead and added my flash-based audio Bible to the site also. Earlier today, I was experiencing LONG loading times...it took forever for the player to even appear. I don't know if it was the computer I was using or something to do with the Archive.org player.

The flash-based player can be accessed by hovering your mouse pointer over "HOME" in the main menu of the site, then click on "Alternative Flash-based Player" in the drop-down menu.

• Members

I just sent an email to the appropriate individuals to ask for permission to use the Alexander Scourby narration. Hopefully, they will respond soon. Say a prayer that they will approve it. If they do, don't hold your breath waiting for it to be on the website...:nuts: It takes A LONG time to do everything, and I'll basically be starting over from scratch. I'll have to use a completely different player too, because people can embed the current player on other websites (if they want to), and I doubt very seriously if the Scourby folks would go for that.

If they approve it, my intent is to add it as an additional listening option rather than to replace the current one.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 1/19/2016 at 0:23 PM, No Nicolaitans said:

I just sent an email to the appropriate individuals to ask for permission to use the Alexander Scourby narration. Hopefully, they will respond soon.

Here's their reply!

____________________________________________________________________________________

QUOTE:

____________________________________________________________________________________

Yep...nada, nothing, not a word, zippo, crickets chirping...

It's been over a month since I sent the request, and I know they received the request, because someone from their company visited the site (that I made for the Audio Visual Bible) the same day that I submitted the request.

I hate to say this, but it bugs me when someone doesn't even have the decency to respond. I would have been fine with a short-quick "I'm sorry, but no." That's one of my pet-peeves...people no longer have common courtesy. 

I guess the almighty dollar is more important to them...

:tapping: