• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world

• Members
2 hours ago, wretched said:

In some ways, I wish you were right Invicta.

The thought of the horrible events of Wrath that will come to all on this earth during that time is not only horrifying but heartbreaking. The burden of knowing so many personally who rejected and will receive the mark is hard to bear. And these days any lifting of any type of burden would be very welcome.

Unfortunately my spirit knows through Scripture and common sense that you are wrong.

Thew wrath is the final judgment, when the saved will be in glory and the lost in hell.  What else can the wrath be?

• Members

The arguments set forth by Pastor Markle in the debate on Daniel 9:24-27 were entirely correct.

One of the reasons why Pastor Markle went through great work and painstakingly wordiness was to get the exact meaning and exact interpretation of Daniel 9:24-27 Pastor Markle was successful in that end. The arguments set forth by Covenanter were non-effective, sometimes ludicrous,  and erroneous.

Even after all of the painstakingly effort by Pastor Markle, in an effort to belittle his correct interpretation, he was ignored by Covenanter and ridiculed by others for his efforts.  Pastor Markle taught the truth with the abilities that God gave him. He should be commended.

Alan

• Members

Daniel 9:24-27 are foundational to the understanding that God is not through with Israel.  "Replacement Theology" would have you believe otherwise.  Remnants of 4th Century "Replacement Theology" are found throughout Protestantism today, and are gaining popularity even in Baptist circles (just have a look at the "worlds largest Christian online forum" - Baptist Board).  The "foundation" of this theology is that God used the Jews (as a "vehicle") to bring forth a Savior and that now the Church has "taken over".  Thus, the entirety of the Scriptures were always written with the Church in mind and written to the Church, and that the Church is the final fruition of God's Plan.

• Members
18 hours ago, Invicta said:

Thew wrath is the final judgment, when the saved will be in glory and the lost in hell.  What else can the wrath be?

What else could the wrath be, you ask? 

Rev. 6:17 "For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?"

Just wondering if you could tell me when these these things happened?

#1 when did the sun become black as the sackcloth of hair? (Rev. 6:12)
#2 When did the stars of heaven fall to the earth? (Rev.6:13)
#3 When was every mountain AND every island removed out of it's place? (Rev. 6:14)
#4 When did everyone (this includes "every free man" as well) hide themselves in the dens and in the rocks f the mountains, begging them to fall on them and hide them from the WRATH of the Lamb? (Rev.6:15-16)
#5 When were 1/3 of all trees and 1/3 of all green grass burned up? (Rev. 8:7)
#6 When did 1/3 of the sea become blood? (Rev. 8:8)
#7 When did 1/3 of all fresh water become poisoned by wormwood- the star which falls from heaven? (Rev.8:9)
#8 When did 1/3 of the sun, 1/3 of the moon, and 1/3 of the stars not shed light?
(side note: An angel proclaims "Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth" (Rev. 8:13)(sounds rather like wrath of God is upon the inhabiters of the earth to me)
#9 When was the bottomless pit opened? (Rev. 9:1-2)
#10 When have you seen locusts with these characteristics?: (Rev 9:1-11) *That's just woe #1
    power to torment men 5 months/    torments as a scorpion strike/    shaped like horses prepared  for battle?
    crowns on their heads/long hair like women/breastplates like iron/very loud wing sounds?
    teeth like lions!?
    faces like men!!! ?
    (now if that doesn't creep you out what would? I think I would have known if I'd seen one of those, or if ANYONE would have seen one of those they'd remember)
    *another interesting note, which is even more terrifying than the locusts descriptions " men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them" (Rev. 9:6)
    I don't know how that's going to work... how could a man desire to die and not even be able to kill himself? I don't know, but I know it's true! And it's horrifying! So glad Jesus has delivered me from the wrath to come. (1 Thes. 1:10) But it's heartbreaking for those who haven't accepted Christ in this age of grace.
#11 When was 1/3 of mankind slain at once? (Rev. 9:14-19)
#12 How about hail-stones each weighing 75-100 pounds??? (Rev 15:21)
    I don't think insurance would cover that, I'd guess that would be considered an "act of God"... 
    I'd even consider it the "wrath of God"

I could go on... but that's enough to make a point that this has never happened in history...
and it surely sounds like wrath to me...
and it surely sounds like tribulation, not your ordinary everyday tribulation either, I have to wonder... how could any of that have already happened in 70AD? 

I, for one, am very thankful that the Lord has delivered me from the wrath to come. I do have a hurt in my heart (for lack of better words) for those who are going to go through this horrible time period. 
I know it gives me a stronger desire to witness to the unsaved. 

1 Thes 1:10 "And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come."

What wrath?

Rev. 6:17 "For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?"

• Members
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Did those suffer from the wrath?  Or the million upon million who suffered death torture under Rome pagan and especially Rome.  If IS beheaded you would it be the wrath, or the Tribulation that Jesus promised us?

Edited by Invicta

• Members
8 hours ago, beameup said:

Thus, the entirety of the Scriptures were always written with the Church in mind and written to the Church, and that the Church is the final fruition of God's Plan.

Yes of course they are written with the church in mind.  The are our examples 1 Corinthians 10.:6,11

Yes I also believe  that the Church is the final fruition of God's Plan.  The whole OT message is that Christ came to die.  

You are a fine one to accuse the reformers and baptists when you teach RC futurism.

Edited by Invicta

• Members
5 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Yes of course they are written with the church in mind.  The are our examples 1 Corinthians 10.:6,11

Yes I also believe  that the Church is the final fruition of God's Plan.  The whole OT message is that Christ came to die.  

You are a fine one to accuse the reformers and baptists when you teach RC futurism.

So you are coming out and stating that you are of Replacement Theology; the theology developed in the 4th century by Emperor Constantine and Augustine.

• Members
11 minutes ago, beameup said:

So you are coming out and stating that you are of Replacement Theology; the theology developed in the 4th century by Emperor Constantine and Augustine.

No I just believe what the scripture says.  

On 14/01/2016 at 5:41 AM, beameup said:

(Jesus speaking) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matthew 24:24

(Jesus speaking) And the gospel must first be published among all nations. Mark 13:10

Is this gospel being preached by Baptists in obedience to Jesus' orders?

Yes it was preached in NT times to all nations'

1 ¶  And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2  And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3  And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4  And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5 ¶  And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
6  Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
7  And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
8  And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
9  Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
10  Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
11  Cretes and Arabians,
we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
12  And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

• Members
4 minutes ago, Invicta said:

No I just believe what the scripture says.  

Yes it was preached in NT times to all nations'

1 ¶  And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2  And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3  And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4  And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5 ¶  And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
6  Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
7  And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
8  And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
9  Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
10  Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
11  Cretes and Arabians,
we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
12  And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

So, you say that the Scripture teaches Replacement Theology.  Emperor Constantine agreed with that, as well as (St.) Augustine of Hippo, in the 4th Century, as they formed the "Universal" State Church (ie: RCC) .

• Members
Just now, beameup said:

So, you say that the Scripture teaches Replacement Theology.  Emperor Constantine agreed with that, as well as (St.) Augustine of Hippo, in the 4th Century, as they formed the "Universal" State Church (ie: RCC) .

I don't know what they taught but I know what the scripture teaches and I know that what you teach is not the same.

• Members
9 minutes ago, Invicta said:

I don't know what they taught but I know what the scripture teaches and I know that what you teach is not the same.

It's very clear historically what the Emperor Constantine wanted when the State Church was being formed.  St. Augustine was extremely important in that process, and advocated what we call "Replacement Theology".  It has been with us for over 1500 years and was never outright rejected by the Reformers (Reformation).  It is ingrained in "mainstream" Christendom (yes, even in some Baptist circles).  Generally, they don't believe that present-day Israel has any future with God, that all the O.T. prophecies have already been fulfilled or are merely "symbolic" in meaning, and that Jesus will never rule on a throne in Jerusalem in Israel over his people the Jews.  Originally, it was the "universal" Catholic Church that was the "Kingdom of God" on earth, and King/Priest Jesus was "ruling from heaven" over his church.  However, even Protestants have made that claim that it is they who are the "Kingdom of God on earth" and that the earth is the Lords, and that the Devil is subdued in chains.

Edited by beameup