• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ambassadors for Christ (our "job description")

• Members
19 hours ago, beameup said:

I agree with most of what you are saying here.  There was a one-year "grace period" from the resurrection to the stoning of Stephen due to the "ignorance" of Israel.  After that, Paul was saved and the gospel of grace through faith alone was gradually revealed to Paul over a period of years.  The gospel announcing the coming King and Kingdom "died out" due to lack of interest on the part of national Israel.  However, the Gospels contain information and instructions for some yet-future Israeli Jews who will be believers in the Kingdom (see Mt. 24 & 25, for example).  I personally would place Revelation in this category as well.  As for the "olive tree" analogy, it all depends on how you interpret the meaning of: "partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree" (ie: how far you carry the "analogy" in Romans 11:17-21).

Romans 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

God bless

Not sure if it was "lack of interest". Paul three times told the Jews "salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles" after the third time they rejected his preaching. So, when Acts was over things were definitely different.

Edited by Critical Mass

• Members

Acts 1:4.  And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

The promise of the Father.  What was that? Remember that that Paul said Rom 15:8  Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

So there you have it . Now back to acts.

5  For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6 ¶  When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7  And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

So they did get their answer.  When they received power at Penteccost.

• Members
6 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Acts 1:4.  And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

The promise of the Father.  What was that? Remember that that Paul said Rom 15:8  Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

So there you have it . Now back to acts.

Thanks.

That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.  Romans 15:16
And Paul was a minister to the uncircumcision
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began  Romans 16:25
How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;  Ephesians 3:3-5

• Members
19 hours ago, swathdiver said:

For a moment I thought I was reading an episode of the twilight zone and then realized it was the protestants at online baptist!  

Stick to the baby bottle, some meat is being served up right now.

1 hour ago, Invicta said:

x

No where near as cultish as your teaching of two gospels.

Five gospels actually. 

• Members

Ahh yes, let's not forget to tell us how smart you folks are and how stupid we are:

“Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,” - Romans 1:22

"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed." - Proverbs 13:20

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise." 1 Corinthians 3:18

• Members

There is, was and always will be one Gospel of salvation for anyone and everyone. All who were saved, are saved, will be saved enjoy salvation by grace through faith in Christ Jesus. That is Bible truth and Scripture says anyone presenting any other "gospel" is presenting a false gospel no one should have anything to do with.

• Members

Galatians 1:6-9 -- "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.  But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.  As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

(Note: I wonder -- Is it unkind and unloving to indicate publicly that some individuals should be viewed as accursed?)

• Members
17 hours ago, beameup said:

Thanks.

That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.  Romans 15:16
And Paul was a minister to the uncircumcision

So?

• Members
11 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

(Note: I wonder -- Is it unkind and unloving to indicate publicly that some individuals should be viewed as accursed?)

Not at all Pastor!  We're to mark them, reprove them, rebuke them and avoid them.  We do this to protect ourselves and our loved ones and our local church.

• Members
On 08/02/2016 at 2:16 AM, beameup said:

Peter is identified as the apostle to the circumcision [Gal 2:7].  He wrote to his brethren.  In this case, Peter is reminded of the promise of God to Israel: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel. Exodus 19:6  Had Israel repented as a Nation, this would have literally been fulfilled at that time upon Messiah's return.

"Assuming" that there is only one group of "elect" and that that is the Body of Christ, and that the entire N.T. is addressed only to "the church" is an error that dates back to the 4th Century Catholic Church.  God has a separate "agenda" for Israel and it will come to pass when God sets up his earthly Kingdom.

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me [Paul], as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;  Galatians 2:7
1 Peter 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers [parepidēmos] scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
parepidēmos - one who comes from a foreign country into a city or land to reside there by the side of the natives - these are the diaspora of Jews he is writing to.

Peter was also the first to preach the gospel to gentiles. His ministry was mainly to the circumcision but he also preached to gentiles.  Paul also preached to the Jews.  He seemed to often head first to the synagogue when he entered a city.   Neither of their ministries were exclusive.

The London City Mission has a missionary to Railwaymen, another to Firemen, and the Police and other trades, but their ministry is not exclusive, they preach to whoever will hear.

You have repeatedly said that the following verses apply only to the Jews. 

Luke 2:38  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39  For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Those that are far off are us, and you will see the message is to 3  even as many as the Lord our God shall call.so the messaage is to those who God will call, not to the Jews only.

Your teaching is a dangerous error, cutting much of the word of God from needy sinners.

• Members
4 hours ago, Invicta said:

Peter was also the first to preach the gospel to gentiles. His ministry was mainly to the circumcision but he also preached to gentiles.  Paul also preached to the Jews.  He seemed to often head first to the synagogue when he entered a city.   Neither of their ministries were exclusive.

The London City Mission has a missionary to Railwaymen, another to Firemen, and the Police and other trades, but their ministry is not exclusive, they preach to whoever will hear.

You have repeatedly said that the following verses apply only to the Jews. 

Luke 2:38  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39  For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Those that are far off are us, and you will see the message is to 3  even as many as the Lord our God shall call.so the messaage is to those who God will call, not to the Jews only.

Your teaching is a dangerous error, cutting much of the word of God from needy sinners.

You are mischaracterizing.  The Kingdom was promised to Israel.  The Gospel of Grace has no "message" of a Kingdom on earth, in order to be saved. Ephesians 2:8-9, 1 Cor 15

The false teaching is telling someone that they are "Spiritual Israel" and that God's Kingdom is already on the earth, and Jesus is "ruling from heaven".

Of course Paul went to the synagogue, because that was the ekklesia (assembly, often translated "church"), because there was no official "meeting place" for Gentiles (except the pagan temples).  Eventually, "house churches" were established, but records exist that show that many synagogues were "mixed" (ie: included some Yeshua believers) as late as the 3rd century.

Again, it is wrong to present the Gospel to sinners by informing them that they must believe in and will belong to a Kingdom on the earth.  That is why the "Lord's Prayer" is unnecessary, as it was a message that was presented to Israel (see Mat 6, Luke 11).  The "destiny" of the Body of Christ is HEAVEN.  The "Earthly Kingdom" (still) belongs to Israel. (see Isa 60, 61, 62 etc.)

Apparently, some are essentially calling Paul a LIAR, because he tells us that the Gospel revealed to him was revealed directly to him by Jesus and that hitherto, it had been a mystery that was unknown. Romans 16:25, Col 1:26  But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.  Galatians 1:11-12

BTW, "those that are afar off" is a reference to the Jewish diaspora.  Peter's message was directed at Jews and concerned the Kingdom.

δέ εἰ τὶς ἀγνοέω ἀγνοέω

Edited by beameup