• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Priesthood of New Testament Believers

• Members
22 minutes ago, John81 said:

So many of these threads would be better if the anti-christ teaching of there being more than one means of salvation, different means of salvation for different people, were not present.

Considering presenting a false gospel has long been something not acceptable on this site I'm wondering why this particular false gospel has been allowed to be presented over and over for such a long time now.

This false gospel is 100% clearly not a traditional IFB teaching, not a traditional Baptist teaching, not in accord with the Word of God. This false gospel is just as dangerous, just as wrong as all the other false gospels.

Brother John,

I "liked" your posting above; however, that was not enough.  Therefore, I do add -- Amen and AMEN!!!!

• Members

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.  Jesus in Matthew 24:14

If the Lord Jesus' Gospel was sufficient, then why was Paul even chosen and to Paul was later "revealed" a "gospel" that he says was a "mystery, hidden in God"?

Edited by beameup

• Members
30 minutes ago, beameup said:

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.  Jesus in Matthew 24:14

If the Lord Jesus' Gospel was sufficient, then why was Paul even chosen and to Paul was later "revealed" a "gospel" that he says was a "mystery, hidden in God"?

The "gospel of the kingdom" is just that...the good message that Christ's kingdom is about to be established on earth; it's not a salvation gospel.

The mystery revealed to Paul wasn't another gospel, it was...

Ephesians 3:3-7
3   How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4   Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5   Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6   That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7   Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Also, though Paul was given the mystery by revelation, he wasn't the only one to whom it was revealed...

Ephesians 3:3-7
3   How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4   Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5   Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6   That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7   Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Paul said that the other apostles and New Testament prophets also had the mystery revealed to them by the Holy Spirit...

• Members

The church today is made up of Jews and Gentiles both saved by the gospel of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This make up the "body of Christ" i.e. the church. Also a priesthood of believers in the spiritual sense. 

After the church is raptured out of this world and the great tribulation begins Israel as a nation will be dealt with by God again. Undoubtedly there still will be local churches (Rev. 1-3) but those saved will not be part of the church, i.e. the body of Christ. They will become a different priesthood and nation of believers in the literal sense. They will be saved by the blood of Christ but will not have guaranteed salvation until the end because they are not part of the body of Christ. There is no abiding and sealing Comforter. 

The new covenant applies to both the present church and the saved remnant of Jews that will come out of the great tribulation.

• Members
9 minutes ago, Critical Mass said:

The church today is made up of Jews and Gentiles both saved by the gospel of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This make up the "body of Christ" i.e. the church. Also a priesthood of believers in the spiritual sense. 

After the church is raptured out of this world and the great tribulation begins Israel as a nation will be dealt with by God again. Undoubtedly there still will be local churches (Rev. 1-3) but those saved will not be part of the church, i.e. the body of Christ. They will become a different priesthood and nation of believers in the literal sense. They will be saved by the blood of Christ but will not have guaranteed salvation until the end because they are not part of the body of Christ. There is no abiding and sealing Comforter. 

The new covenant applies to both the present church and the saved remnant of Jews that will come out of the great tribulation.

I believe that is a really strange teaching.  Again it is two gospels.

3 hours ago, Oὐ Νικολαΐτης said:

The "gospel of the kingdom" is just that...the good message that Christ's kingdom is about to be established on earth; it's not a salvation gospel.

Again, that is teaching two gospels.  

• Members

There has been, is and always will be only one Gospel, one means of salvation for all people of all time. There was not, is not, will not be different means of salvation.

Teaching otherwise is teaching a false gospel not unlike the false gospels taught by Catholics, Mormons, Amish and so many others.

• Members

And the comforter (Holy Spirit) will indwell ALL believers of ALL periods of time? Did the Holy Spirit (comforter) indwell the OT saint? Will the Holy Spirit indwell believers during the time of Jacob's trouble? Will they be sealed "unto the day of redemption" with the Holy Spirit in that time period? Just some questions I wonder if some have ever pondered. 

• Members
6 hours ago, Critical Mass said:

The church today is made up of Jews and Gentiles both saved by the gospel of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. 

After the church is raptured out of this world and the great tribulation begins ...those saved ...will be saved by the blood of Christ

Hmm.  The Gospel is the knowledge of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  In order to partake in that offer, in order to be saved, one must make repentance towards God and put their faith in Jesus Christ.  It's the blood of Jesus Christ that makes salvation possible, it is the blood that saves.

6 hours ago, Critical Mass said:

They will be saved by the blood of Christ but will not have guaranteed salvation until the end because they are not part of the body of Christ. There is no abiding and sealing Comforter. 

Well, here's another Ruckman talking point again.  The Body of Christ is the New Testament Church.  Of course, it will not be present during the Tribulation.  People can and will get saved during the Tribulation, and if they die before it ends, they will go to heaven and be with the Lord; once saved, always saved or one makes a liar out of God.

• Members
28 minutes ago, swathdiver said:

Well, here's another Ruckman talking point again.  The Body of Christ is the New Testament Church.  Of course, it will not be present during the Tribulation.  People can and will get saved during the Tribulation, and if they die before it ends, they will go to heaven and be with the Lord; once saved, always saved or one makes a liar out of God.

So does God deal differently with people in the tribulation in comparison with how He deals with them during the church age? He seals us (church age believer's) with the Holy Spirit (comforter)... He doesn't (according to your own words) seal them (tribulation believer's) with the Holy Spirit (comforter). And YET... He deals the exact same way with them in regard to salvation? How can that be? If they - the tribulation believer's -(according to your own words) are not sealed with the Holy Spirit (comforter)? How can He deal with them the exact same way (for salvation) if the Holy Spirit doesn't indwell them?

Edited by Ronda

• Members
49 minutes ago, Ronda said:

So does God deal differently with people in the tribulation in comparison with how He deals with them during the church age? He seals us (church age believer's) with the Holy Spirit (comforter)... He doesn't (according to your own words) seal them (tribulation believer's) with the Holy Spirit (comforter). And YET... He deals the exact same way with them in regard to salvation? How can that be? If they - the tribulation believer's -(according to your own words) are not sealed with the Holy Spirit (comforter)? How can He deal with them the exact same way (for salvation) if the Holy Spirit doesn't indwell them?

You are putting words in my mouth Ma'am.  I said nothing about the Holy Ghost; "it" refers to the local, visible, New Testament Church.

See, when you get these basics wrong, the devil leads you off into all these heresies.  Do you remember 2nd Timothy, Chapter 3 and verse 6?  

After you answer my question about Pharaoh, I'll then answer your other one.

Edited by swathdiver

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Ronda said:

And the comforter (Holy Spirit) will indwell ALL believers of ALL periods of time? Did the Holy Spirit (comforter) indwell the OT saint?

1Pet. 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. 
 10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 
 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. 

• Members
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:06 PM, Invicta said:

And how is all Israel to be saved?

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.   Romans 11:26-27
From this verse, it seems that God (Jesus) will simply save the (Tribulation remnant) of Jews (Hebrews) when He returns to earth in all his glory.  When Jesus saved Paul, he simply appeared to Saul "in all his glory" on the road to Damascus.
Edited by beameup

• Members
4 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

1Pet. 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. 
 10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 
 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. 

Not the same thing Jim. It has been clearly identified that all Scripture was given by inspiration of God. This is not regeneration or indwelling in the same way as it is described in the NT for all believers.

Unless you mean that only the prophets were indwelt but that passage does not clearly indicating that either, it indicates only the recording of the OT Scriptures.

Temporary periods where the Spirit of the Lord "came over" a person in the OT are recorded. Regeneration, renewing, indwelling, sealing = not recorded anywhere in the OT.

I feel it is the gross assumption and not Scriptural to think otherwise.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Ronda said:

For some reason I can't get this quote box from Ronda to go away, so will just type in my response to Wretched in this one.

I agree that those very words are not recorded in the OT. But there is a distinct difference in the phrases used.

The difference is that the NT records it as this: " the Spirit of Christ which was in them " This is speaking of an indwelling. It does not say that He "came upon them", which is what the OT records when the spirit did indeed "come upon" them.

"In them" and "On them" are not the same. As has been said here many times, "things that are different are not the same".

I stand by my original scripture reference for salvation is the same for all believers, OT or NT. Our God does not change, the times may change, but He remains the same.