• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Big Decision

• Members

Hey, Rosie...yeppers, I shall pray that you will absolutely know the Lord's leading in the decision you need to make.  I pray that you will have great peace about it all thru-out the process.  Oft times when I'm really just not sure what direction to take, I ask the Lord to either open or shut "doors" as I seek His will.  He has been so faithful to direct my paths...to light the way that I should go.  It's so absolutely wonderful and comforting to know that He knows my heart's desires to seek His way and not my own (and He also knows when I'm not completely surrendered too...:unsure:), and is so mercifully and tenderly faithful to respond in His time.  I have been learning and hope to continue learning...NOT to lean on my own understanding, but rather to trust Him.  It's more than awesome to know the One who knows ALL, isn't it?  Yep!  He's the WAY to live LIFE in His TRUTH!  I will be praying!

• Members

Hi, Rosie....so glad you got your answer, and I truly hope you are are relieved and able to go forth with contentment and the peace that can only come from our Lord.  Sometimes I've had answers to prayers that were definiely different than the way I wanted them to be....but overall, I also know that I can still trust God's omniscience...beings my perspectives are so limited.  I pray blessings to you thru the decision made.

• Members

Dear Rosie....it's wonderful that you've communed with the Lord and that He has granted you peace even tho' the decision made wasn't what you wanted!  So often in my almost 54 yrs of being His child, I've prayed many a prayer (including prayers I've prayed amiss) that the Lord answered in ways much differently than what my desires were.  I "gotta" smile tho' because more times than not, the Lord showed me that His way and timing was by far much better than mine!  I pray much more differently now as He has grown my faith and given me more understanding of His ways and thoughts and timing.  Now I go to the throne of grace and mercy more aware of being simply honest with myself and share my requests and heart desires with Him and what my limited perspectives are....but then follow in surrender seeking not my will but His. It sure isn't always easy to surrender...because the ole flesh tries to chime in.  Sigh...but when I fall to my flesh, no peace follows.  I'm sure still learning....and it's disappointing when I fail to trust the Lord....but so, sooo glad that He knows my heart and is so merciful to me.  I can't seem to not be redundunt in sharing how the Lord is working in my life in so many areas....but I do hope to be encouraging and edifying to others as I do.  You're a precious child of our dear God, Rosie....and I will continue to pray for you and for your loved ones!