• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

very stressed

• Members

we just got home from two weeks out of town for the holidays and have had car trouble ever since.  we took my Mom's SUV since we were in the mountains and she was using our car.  the day we came home, Tuesday, she went out and the car wouldn't start.  so on Wednesday hubby was working on it and discovered it needed a new battery.  we jumped it and drove it to the shop.  the new battery cost us $140.  I also had them check the brakes because the brake light had come on, but I thought it was just because it was cold.  he said that the fluid was a little low and the sensor just wasn't picking it up, so they topped that off without charge.  so last night after church we were driving to our dojo and the car felt funny.  we thought we were getting a flat tire.  I pulled into a gas station and hubby walked around the car.  the tires were fine but the right front brake was HOT.  evidently it is sticking.  it did this about three years ago and just needed a new caliper.  I took hubby to work and then went back to the garage.  I guess because the car is so old the parts are now special order, won't be in until Monday and will be $150.  To beat it all hubby has drill this weekend, which we now really need that money to cover all this, and transportation is a problem, so please pray we work it all out for him to get back and forth to drill this weekend.

• Members

Dear trapperhoney...indeed I understand about your vehicle troubles, and I have lifted your situation and needs up to our precious Lord Jesus.  He will be faithful to supply for all of your needs according to HIS riches in glory!  I know that you know this...but I long to encourage you with it because often the clinging to it and trusting Him will bring that sweet peace that passes all understanding.  From our perspective things can seem so, sooooo difficult and we simply can't see the answers...but God knows our frame and limitations.  Especially at times like this...we just need to "grit our teeth" and be thankful both in and for the circumstances whether we "feel" like it or not...because the Lord has allowed this trying of your faith for a reason.  Perhaps it's not to test you and your faith, but rather to be able to prove your faith and the indwelling presence of the Spirit to someone not even remotely related to the situation.  We just never know who might be "watching" us and how we deal with various inconveniences in life.  Perhaps too...in being obedient to be thankful when our heart just isn't in it....there's plenty, PLENTY more reasons to be thankful....such as: we still have a roof over our head, we still have food for our bellies, we still have clothes on our backs...let alone the innumerable other blessings from Heaven.  Again, I know that you know all of these things...but I long to help in the bearing of your stress with encouragement and thru the power of prayer!

Once again, I am ever so grateful for your husband's service to our country!  I will continue to think of you and pray for your situation...and I am anticipating with love to our Lord Jesus...the wonderful way He will supply for you!

Praying for you...

• Members

It's great to have you back! I'll be lifting your situation to the Lord in prayer. Sometimes it seems things hit all at once; as they say, when it rains, it pours. Several years ago we had a car that suddenly began having problems one right after another. Touch to deal with, especially when money is tight and no help in sight. Thankfully our Lord always brings us through these valleys. Praying the Lord will quickly get you through this valley with full provision and care.

• Moderators

Cars-wow, don't get me started. We will pray for you because we know all about this sort of thing. I have a working Tempo, with one headlight, no heater fan, and the gas tank will only accept about 1/2 tank of gas, and that takes about 15 minutes to get to, as it has to go a little at a time.

My Ranger threw...something, a rod, I don't know yet, and this is after putting about $1000 in various parts-clutch, all of the cooling system, rebuilt carb, etc, etc. So it's probably dead now. How a Bronco and a Jeep, neither is running. The more I spend, the less they work, and its been this way for about the last year. So my heart goes to you all-it is never convenient.  

• Members

I can relate to that Mike. We had a Mercury that was an excellent car for many years, giving us no problems. Then several things came up one right after the other. We were hoping it was just because of the age of the car and once those things were fixed it would be good for at least a few more years. Unfortunately, after investing the money to get those things fixed it had a major problem and died. I hated to see the car hauled away after spending all that money on it but thankfully the Lord provided another car in an unexpected manner so we had transportation.

• Members

we love this car, it's a 1993 Subaru Impreza.  the fact that it was a 93 is the only thing that saved us from having to replace the engine when the timing belt broke in the spring, so we are going to try to keep it as long as possible.  the thing I don't understand is why the right caliper is doing this....

• Members
6 hours ago, John81 said:

I can relate to that Mike. We had a Mercury that was an excellent car for many years, giving us no problems. Then several things came up one right after the other. We were hoping it was just because of the age of the car and once those things were fixed it would be good for at least a few more years. Unfortunately, after investing the money to get those things fixed it had a major problem and died. I hated to see the car hauled away after spending all that money on it but thankfully the Lord provided another car in an unexpected manner so we had transportation.

I bought four new (brand) tyres for a car once and then about a week later barly drove it to the scrap merchant.

honeytrap
n
1. a scheme in which a victim is lured into a compromising sexual situation to provide an opportunity for blackmail

1 Thessalonians 5:22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.

merge merge merge, and all without a footnote.

• Members
26 minutes ago, Old-Pilgrim said:

I bought four new (brand) tyres for a car once and then about a week later barly drove it to the scrap merchant.

honeytrap
n
1. a scheme in which a victim is lured into a compromising sexual situation to provide an opportunity for blackmail

1 Thessalonians 5:22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.

merge merge merge, and all without a footnote.

Her name is "trapperhoney", not "honeytrap".  Two entirely different things.

trapperhoney explains her name on the forum, and it has nothing to do with a honeytrap.

• Members
2 hours ago, Old-Pilgrim said:

trapperhoney, why the strange name?

it is a nickname my hubby gave me.  I reluctantly went to a fur trappers convention with him and ended up getting bit by the trapping bug -- I wanted to catch weasels, at which time he said I was going to be his Trapper-Honey, since he already used "honey" as an endearment for me.  And yes, in another place on the forum I explained my nickname, thank you Standing Firm in Christ for pointing that out.