• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Some people keep the ashes of their cremated relatives or pets, but life is not found in ashes, life is found in Jesus Christ, the source of all life. Everything that we cling to will eventually become dust.

Genesis 3:19 KJV
[19] In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art , and unto dust shalt thou return.

Ecclesiastes 3:18-20 KJV
[18] I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. [19] For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. [20] All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Ecclesiastes 12:7-8 KJV
[7] Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. [8] Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.

But is found in Jesus Christ
1 John 5:11-13 KJV
[11] And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. [12] He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. [13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

My Christian friends, this is more than some eternal life that's far off in the future, we have spiritual life now in Jesus Christ, we don't have to wait till we die to have joy and peace that passes all understanding.

Luke 9:59-60 KJV
[59] And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. [60] Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Christian friends, stop worrying about the things dead people worry about, shut off your entertainment and get busy serving the Lord.

• Moderators

When my mother-in-law passed away, my wife kept her ashes. Sadly, she was a lost woman, we could never break her from her bad taste from being raised Catholic. So for a while, my wife would keep the ashes in a box where she sat in church, and would quip, "Well, at least I finally got her to church."  My wife dealt very well with losing her mother and knowing she is in hell. Of course, the last week of her life she was unconscious a lot and my wife continued to witness to her, and pray that she would hear and be saved, but we don't hold out much hope.

• Members

I know that in theory Jordan, and I have peace of a sort, more a underlying contentment knowing that I have an everlasting inheritence, but the draw of the flesh still tends to keep me down.

Uk'

I think every soul will get what they deserve in hell.

God is not unjust he will not torture a soul at maximum power for ever for either one life time or one act of rebelion, but for perpetual rebelion he will administer perpetual recompence and of course perpetual seperation, thus Perfect Justice.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. Revelation 20:12

Just like earth, there are some very happy people and some very unhappy people, and look around it is being cast into the lake of fire, torment all round.