• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Conclusion to my post on other thread

• Members
6 hours ago, Ronda said:

In comparison with:

James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only"

23  And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24  Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25  Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?26  For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also

23 What is believing God, but faith?

25.  Rahab had faith before works.  

• Administrators

Sister Ronda,

My little post had nothing to do with your ability or inability to be able to attend church nor was it in respect to your physical handicap. I am sorry you read it that way and I do see why you might be offended, but please try to understand that this was not my intent.

My sole intent, and at the time I posted it I believed that it was also "swath's" intent was to point to possible error in understanding and belief that you seem to hold to as a possible result of not belonging to a well grounded IFB church.

In my forty years as an Independent Baptist I have seen errors such as yours come about simply because the the person was not well grounded in the faith. This is one of the critical things that a sound New Testament Church accomplishes in the life of it's members; to lead people in the right path.

Without sound teaching a new believer is left like a ship without a rudder, it is subject to the whim of wind and waves.
 Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 
 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 
 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 
 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

So please accept my sincere apology for having offended you, which was not my intent. I can now see my own error; I could have very easily just not posted anything and have also learned a lesson myself in this respect.

May our God richly bless you as you serve Him.

• Members
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:04 AM, Ronda said:

The ONE and only gospel (which is relevant TODAY until the pre-trib rapture of the church) is the gospel Paul taught of grace by faith in Jesus Christ. Yes, the others taught the same ONE and only gospel (in part) of grace by faith in Jesus Christ, but I believe (as I've stated a multitude of times) that others (Peter, James, et al) ADDED to the one true gospel (for this dispensation) with baptism and other works, which are not to be added to salvation as a contingency for this dispensation. (which is where we disagree) Thereby I believe Peter did teach the same core gospel (so he's not in violation of Gal. 1:8-9)  BUT he (Peter) added to it works (which should not have been done for this dispensation to the GENTILES) The Bible itself calls it a different gospel (as I've attempted to show many times as well) in Gal. 2:7-8.

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

(For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

The Bible itself calls them 2 separate things: "the gospel of the uncircumcision" committed to Paul, and "the gospel of the "circumcision" committed to Peter.  

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:46 PM, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Contradictions, contradictions.  I am quite certain that God the Holy Spirit is NOT the Source for these contradictions.

First, you indicated that there is "the ONE and only gospel," which the apostle Paul taught ("of grace by faith in Jesus Christ"), and that the other apostles taught "the same One and only gospel" ("of grace by faith in Jesus Christ").  Yet then you further indicated that the other apostles "ADDED to the one true gospel . . . with baptism and other works."  This IS a Biblical contradiction.  In his teachings on the doctrine of the gospel, the apostle Paul placed great emphasis upon the truth that the gospel of grace does NOT include any human works whatsoever at all (See Romans 3:20, 28-30; 4:1-8; 9:30-33; 11:5-6; Galatians 2:15-16; 3:10-14; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7).  Indeed, in Romans 11:6 the apostle Paul under the inspiration of God the Holy Spirit clearly revealed that it is spiritually IMPOSSIBLE before God to mix grace and works in the same gospel, saying, "And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace.  But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work."  Even so, if the apostle Peter or any other apostle ADDED ANY works to the gospel, then that apostle did NOT teach the SAME gospel as the apostle Paul; and then that apostle taught a gospel that was NOT at all a gospel of God's grace.

Furthermore, with the conclusion of your statement above, you proceeded to indicate that "the Bible itself" called the gospel which Peter taught "a different gospel" than the gospel which Paul taught.  Indeed, you indicated that "the Bible calls them 2 separate things."  This IS a doctrinal contradiction within your own position of doctrine.  First, you claim that they all taught "the same ONE and only gospel;" but then you claim that "the Bible itself calls them 2 separate things."  Either they were "the same ONE," or they were "2 separate things."  However, it is self-contradictory to claim that they were both.  Now, if "the Bible itself" really does call them "2 separate things," then it is a doctrinal falsehood (even for you) to claim that they were "the same ONE."

10 hours ago, Ronda said:

I'm quite certain the Holy Spirit brought these very contradictions forth to show that they were not teaching the same thing as Paul:

Sister Ronda,

The specific posting that you made about which I delivered the accusation, "contradictions, contradictions," is included above.  My further explanation for that accusation is also included above.  I believe that any honest reading of that further explanation will reveal that I was NOT speaking concerning any apparent contradiction within the Scriptures themselves, but that I was speaking concerning the direct contradictions in YOUR OWN position concerning the doctrine of the gospel.

On the one hand, you claim that Peter and Paul were preaching "TWO SEPARATE gospels."  On the other hand, you claim that they were both preaching "the ONE AND ONLY [same] gospel."  This is a direct contradiction in your own position.  "Two separate" and "the one and only" cannot both be true.  Now, if you actually and truly believe that they were preaching two separate and different gospels, specifically because they were preaching to two separate and different people groups, then make that your position and hold to it.  Cease then to contradict YOURSELF by later making the claim that they preached the same gospel; for "two separate" is certainly NOT "the same."

Yet again, one the one hand, you claim that Peter was preaching the gospel of grace, just as Paul.  On the other hand, you claim that Peter added works to the gospel of grace.  This is also a direct contradiction in your own position.  In relation to the gospel, "of grace" and "of works" cannot mix.  If it is "of grace," then woks can have no part therein; if it is "of works," then grace has no part therein. (See Romans 11:6).  Now, if you actually and truly believe that Peter preached a gospel that included works as a requirement, then make that your position and hold to it.  Cease then to contradict YOURSELF by claiming that he preached the same gospel as Paul and that he preached the gospel of grace.

Maybe answering the following questions will make your position more clear (and help you to remove the contradictions therein):

1.  Do you believe that there is only one true gospel for all people in all times and in all places, and that that gospel is a gospel of God's grace through faith alone, completely without any human works?

2.  Do you believe that the gospel of God's grace through faith alone is valid only during this time (dispensation), and that only for the Gentiles?

3.  Do you believe that a gospel of works was valid during other times (dispensations) for the Jews, or for anyone else?

4.  Do you believe that a gospel of works is valid during this time (dispensation) for the Jews?

5.  Do you believe that if indeed Peter (or any other apostle) added human works to the gospel, he was actually preaching a false and perverted gospel, and that he was worthy to be viewed as accursed?

• Members
On 1/13/2016 at 1:43 AM, Ronda said:

What do YOU suppose is more imprtant to the Lord? Being a member in "good standing" of a physical church? (which as far as I'm concerned, I still am) Or being a member of the body of Christ?

Ma'am, the body of Christ is not individual people, it is made up of each individual, local, visible, New Testament Church.  Of course it is the saved members, covenanted together that make up any particular NTC.  

Thank you for answering my question.  One would suspect that you were removed from the roll of that church some time ago.  It is still important, so important that Christ died for the church, to be a member of a local, visible, New Testament Church.  I would suggest having the pastor come to you so you can interview him and speak to him about uniting with his church by letter even though it is likely you'll never step foot in the building.  My own infirmities keep me home most days as well.  However, I do get the unite with my brothers and sisters in Christ; and being with them, hearing my pastor preach is far sweeter and more edifying than anything the internet has to offer.  After all, the church is the pillar of ground and truth isn't it?

Edited by swathdiver