• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The pride of life

• Members

This morning early, I woke up and intended to go back to bed and get some more sleep, but while I lay there I started to pray and I started to thank the Lord for all that He had done for me and my family over the years; And I realized the great victory that He had given me over the “fear” of “tomorrow”; That is, the fear of wondering how we were going to be provided for.... in the future!  This is a real victory that God can bless us with.

And as I began to consider this victory; I realized how it all boiled down to, a victory over “the pride of life”..... 1 John 2:16
"For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world."

This is a very old(primal), temptation.... Genesis 3:6
"And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

------------------------
This is a “place”, where the Lord wants every Christian to come to!  A place in their Spiritual life, where they are placing EVERYTHING in their life, in the LORD’s hands; and trusting Him to totally take care of them!

This place is more difficult to arrive at, if you have been blessed with material wealth; Such as, a lot of money, or a good job, or a respected career, or an exceptional ability etc.  Any of these things, tend to make a person consider themselves, “independent” and not in need of anyone’s help.  But every human being, is in total and complete dependence, upon the Lord, every day of their lives!

Our Spiritual lives start out, with the “knowledge” that we need Jesus, to pay for our sins and take us to heaven.  Then, after we are born again, this knowledge should grow to an “understanding”, that we owe everything that we have, to the Lord.  Then, this understanding should grow to a “deep trust”, in the LORD to provide for our every need, for as long as we are living on this earth........
Matthew 6:31-34
V.31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
V.32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
V.33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
V.34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.