• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Any Interest in a Forum Bible Study

• Members

I also will commit to reading  2 & 3 John two times every day for the next 14 days. (If for any reason I am unable to sit upright and read, I will listen to the KJV audio bible on http://www.hilltopbaptistnewport.net/ListenToTheKingJamesBible.html (which is free, although there are a few missing files and skipping passages, I don't think any were in 2 & 3 John, I think they were in Geneses and both 1 & 2 Corinthians and possible others).  I won't bring up (in this study) my thoughts on Pauline doctrine... but I do want to clarify that I also read/study ALL of the bible, not JUST the Pauline epistles. There is wisdom and truth which can be applicable to ALL dispensations throughout ALL of the Bible... and I won't add anything further on that line of discussion, so as not to disrupt the study. :) 

Thank you so much for your time devoted to this study. God bless you and guide you in your leading of this group, and may we all benefit by learning, fellowship, and growing (in Christ).

• Members
59 minutes ago, Ronda said:

I won't bring up (in this study) my thoughts on Pauline doctrine... but I do want to clarify that I also read/study ALL of the bible, not JUST the Pauline epistles. There is wisdom and truth which can be applicable to ALL dispensations throughout ALL of the Bible...

Sister Ronda,

I did understand this truth concerning you -- that you study ALL for the Biblical wisdom and truth that may be found therein. 

1 hour ago, Ronda said:

and I won't add anything further on that line of discussion, so as not to disrupt the study. :) 

I also thank you for your consideration in this regard.  On my part, I simply presented my note above in order that all might know the direction from which I would approach the study, and in order to prevent in advance a controversy that might distract from the study itself.

If you or another does desire to discuss this particular matter of disagreement, I am open to doing so in an "other" thread for that purpose.

• Members
17 minutes ago, 2bLikeJesus said:

I will commit to the reading schedule as well.  Will we postpone discussion until the completion of the two weeks of reading and study?  Where will the discussion be posted and will the thread be restricted to only those of us who have committed to the study?  

Bro. Garry

Brother Garry,

The discussion thread for the Bible study itself has not yet been started.  I will start it after the two weeks of the reading commitment time with the title -- "A Bible Study on 2 & 3 John."  This would mean that we will indeed postpone any discussion until the completion of the reading commitment.  I intend this "postponement" specifically because I desire for the beginning of the reading commitment truly to be focused upon personal need, not upon forum comments.  

At this point, I do not intend to restrict the thread only to those who have committed to the study (not that I would have the power actually to do so).  However, I do intend, as much as I am able, to keep the Bible study thread focused upon the study itself.

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle