• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

candlelight

Has anyone seen the movie "WAR ROOM"?:

On 1/13/2016 at 6:20 PM, Standing Firm In Christ said:

We have the Thief in the Night series.  Awesome movie.  Even it wasn't perfect though.  One scene, people are receiving the mark, and a lady is marked on her left hand instead of the right.

The producer of the series, Russ Daughten, just passed away a couple years ago.

Yes, the movie had some problems but I'm glad the Lord was able to use it to bring me to Christ. We have the whole series. While I know of many others who have come to Christ through these movies, no one I've personally shared it with has.

At the time I saw that movie I had never heard of the end times, never heard anything about Jesus returning, never heard about the actual Gospel of salvation (I learned in Methodist Sunday school we had to be good to get to heaven...no explanation of just what that meant either), never heard of what hell is really like, so I much of that movie was a shock to me and really got my attention.

On 1/13/2016 at 6:31 PM, Standing Firm In Christ said:

here is a great site to review the Revenant,...

http://www.kids-in-mind.com/r/revenant.htm

not recommended, as it has some pretty strong language, sexually suggestive scenes, and nudity.  The nudity is seen twice in the movie. (Both times male)

I still don't understand why any Christian would want to see this movie.:icon_confused:

4 hours ago, John81 said:

Yes, the movie had some problems but I'm glad the Lord was able to use it to bring me to Christ. We have the whole series. While I know of many others who have come to Christ through these movies, no one I've personally shared it with has.

At the time I saw that movie I had never heard of the end times, never heard anything about Jesus returning, never heard about the actual Gospel of salvation (I learned in Methodist Sunday school we had to be good to get to heaven...no explanation of just what that meant either), never heard of what hell is really like, so I much of that movie was a shock to me and really got my attention.

I still don't understand why any Christian would want to see this movie.:icon_confused:

We watch the Thief in the Night series at least once a year.

Yes, Revenant is definitely not a movie we should be watching.

I had a Sunday School teacher once who went to the theater a few years back with his wife and saw "The Heat".  It had the same filthy word in it more than 150 times in 117 minutes.  The sad thing is, the teacher's wife said that she and her husband were laughing throughout the entire movie.  To tell you the truth, I don't see them as saved at all.  They love the things of the world (filthy movies) and are therefore at enmity with God according to the Bible.

I and my wife watched and enjoyed "War Room".

We don't watch TV preaching, nor videos from TV type preachers, nor read the modern popular preacher's books - so we don't know about most of the 'spiritual' doctrines discussed in this thread that are negative on this movie.

With that said, we didn't see what some  see in this movie.

We thought it very provoking and serious, and do recommend it. 

We also highly recommend movies put out by Sherwood Baptist. Very serious and 'drawing towards God' type movies.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

We have the Thief in the Night series as well. I saw the Thief in the Night as a teen. We were at an all night teen gathering. The movie most definitely held everyone's attention. Another one that can grab attention is The Burning Hell. Admittedly the acting is not the greatest, but that's true of a lot of good movies. 

And we do like the movies put out by Sherwood Baptist. As well as the ones put out by Shiloh Films. Not crazy about the music, but the content is good.

My wife and I watched 'War Room' together a couple of weeks ago in our home. It isn't a film about a Biblical character so, don't expect it to be full of scripture quotes. It is a movie about a fictitious family and their struggles in the world today. I don't recall (2 wks) anything to get into a twist over. It was good for me and for my wife because it emphasizes the need for prayer as individuals, family, church, and in discipling others, Watch it for yourselves.

As far as 'The Revenant' is concerned, it has appealed to the flesh to see it but, it is after all pure Hollywood. The Lord gave me a new word last year, to deny sin, I find myself using it daily and used it with regard toward this movie...the word is NO.  

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.