• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life - The Antichrist and the Third Temple

• Moderators

What conspiracy theories? Just speculation. As long as no one takes their speculation beyond that, and speculation doesn't disagree with clear scripture, I think its not only harmless, but a good exercise in reasoning.

My thoughts on the Antichrist are that I believe he will be of Arab nationality, because it will take a Muslim to convince the Muslims to make a peace, so called, that can make it possible to build the third temple. I believe he may well show himself to be the 12th Imam, and the 'prophet' with two horns like a lamb, will be their 'jesus', following their Imam around. After all, the world is already practically bowing and scraping to Islam today, so they would be ready for a 12th imam, who would, according to Muslim writings, bring peace and an end to way, and this is what the Antichrist will do, at least for a while, though we all know that war and famine and death and hell will follow after him. After all, doesn't the Bible say that those being killed during that time will be beheaded? Who else has done THAT lately?

Or, of course, this could all just be a bunch of baloney!

• Members
On 12/17/2015 at 3:37 AM, beameup said:

The Antichrist described in Thessalonians will have true supernatural powers.  As such, he will be worshipped as God.  The classical Greek word naos used in the phrase "he, as God, sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God." has its origin in the Classical Greek pagan temple, where the IMAGE of the pagan god was placed, and clearly is a reference to the Hebrew "holy-of-holies" (same place that Antiochus_IV_Epiphanes  polluted/corrupted with the "abomination").

I've known for decades about the work of the Temple Mount Faithful and the Temple Institute working on the establishment of the Third Temple.  My conjecture is that it will take another war against Israel (see Psalm 83), and the absolute defeat and humiliation of "Allah" the god of  Islam for the Temple Mount to be available for construction of the Third Temple. I suspect that everything has already been constructed in order to erect the "holy place" and the "most holy place" (as represented by the Tabernacle's architecture).

I heard from a man about Psalm 83 being found in a Scottish marsh of some sort, pointing to a 'conspiracy' about Islam or some sort trying to kill Jews or something.

Turned out the scroll found was not really opened to the Psalm 83 that we know, but since that scroll was from a different line of manuscripts, it's Psalm 83 was actually our Psalm 84, thus destroying any connection 'conspiratorially'.

Silly folk.

• Members

Bro. Clould concluded his excellent article with this conclusion; "Though they don’t know it, they are actually looking for the Antichrist and they will accept him when he comes. "

Bro. Cloud is biblically correct not only in his article but in his conclusion as well. In reference to Bro. Cloud's article, and his conclusion, the Lord Jesus stated, "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." John 5:43 Once the new Temple is built the Jews will accept the anti-christ, coming in his own name, and sitting in the Temple exactly as Bro. Cloud wrote as according to the prophecy of Paul the Apostle in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 and 4

Bro. Cloud has the spiritual discernment to 'rightly divide' the scriptures.

Alan

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Alan said:

Bro. Clould concluded his excellent article with this conclusion; "Though they don’t know it, they are actually looking for the Antichrist and they will accept him when he comes. "

Bro. Cloud is biblically correct not only in his article but in his conclusion as well. In reference to Bro. Cloud's article, and his conclusion, the Lord Jesus stated, "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." John 5:43 Once the new Temple is built the Jews will accept the anti-christ, coming in his own name, and sitting in the Temple exactly as Bro. Cloud wrote as according to the prophecy of Paul the Apostle in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 and 4

Bro. Cloud has the spiritual discernment to 'rightly divide' the scriptures.

Alan

And of course, the Jews have already set themselves up to fail in this. They have declared that whoever makes it possible for them to build the temple WILL be the Messiah, not MIGHT be. So, should the Antichrist come along and bring a (false) peace that allows this, and throws some miracles about as well, he is sure to be received.