Online Baptist
Please Login or Register for free to remove these ads.
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

Ukulelemike

Movie: "God's Not Dead"

Easily answered...

The Bride was there, however the guests had not all arrived yet.  The 144,000 sealed Jews, the many killed because they refused to take the mark of the beast; these are all guests of the marriage supper and would die during the tribulation.

Please Login or Register for free to remove these ads.

This article by Dr. Renald E. Showers (Friends of Israel Gospel Ministry, Inc.)  is an excerpt from a chapter in his book "Maranatha Our Lord, Come!: A Definitive Study of the Rapture of the Church".  The name of the article is "Behold, The Bridegroom Comes!" - Jewish Marriage  Customs.

It defines how Jewish Marriage customs relate to the Pre-tribulation rapture "catching away" of the Church/Bride of Christ

Edited by LindaR

6 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Okay, but can we please set this back on track? Nice presentation, though no sound.

You do bring out a point I had not made-if the rapture takes place just prior to the tribulation period, why is it that we don't see the bride and bridegroom brought together for the marriage supper of the Lamb until Ch 19? 

In scripture, in Revelation, we see, in Ch 14, as I have stated, the reaping of the earth's harvest by Jesus, then the gathering of the grapes of the earth, which are cast into the winepress of God's wrath.

Ch. 15, the seven angels bearing the seven last plagues, "for in them is filled up the wrath of God", and their preparation for pouring out this wrath.

Ch 16, the outpouring of the vials of wrath upon the earth and its inhabitants, (different from what had fallen before this, as, at that time, those judgments were not cast upon those who had been sealed by the Lord);

Ch 17: a view of the great whore and the kingdoms of the Antichrist, (parenthetical, not activites in the timeline);

Ch 18: the declaration of the judgment which had taken place with the outpouring of God's wrath in Ch 16;

THEN, in 19, the declaration of God's victory over the wicked in judgment, and the announcement of the marriage supper of the lamb, then immediately, Jesus' triumphant return to earth as King and Lord upon a white horse, followed by the armies of Heaven, to take the earth to reign therein.

So, if the rapture took place way back seven years earlier, why did it take seven years before the marriage supper? Why take so long to declare that the Bride hath made herself ready? When the groom comes to receive his bride, they go immediately to the supper, don't they?

Oh well, it was worth a shot.  Pictures and all in the slideshow.  Lol

7 hours ago, Standing Firm In Christ said:
7 hours ago, Standing Firm In Christ said:

Easily answered...

The Bride was there, however the guests had not all arrived yet.  The 144,000 sealed Jews, the many killed because they refused to take the mark of the beast; these are all guests of the marriage supper and would die during the tribulation.

Actually, when the Groom went to retreive his bride, al the guests and servants were with him-the LAST thing the groom did was to retreive his bride. So really, it makes more sense for a post-trib/pre-wrath rapture. 

6 hours ago, LindaR said:

This article by Dr. Renald E. Showers (Friends of Israel Gospel Ministry, Inc.)  is an excerpt from a chapter in his book "Maranatha Our Lord, Come!: A Definitive Study of the Rapture of the Church".  The name of the article is "Behold, The Bridegroom Comes!" - Jewish Marriage  Customs.

It defines how Jewish Marriage customs relate to the Pre-tribulation rapture "catching away" of the Church/Bride of Christ

A quote from this article: "After the groom received his bride together with her female attendants, the enlarged wedding party would return from the bride's home to the groom's father's house.12 Upon arrival there the wedding party would find that the wedding guests had assembled already."

Notice, the guests were already assembled when the groom brought his bride to the marriage supper. So the bride was the LAST person to attend.

Thank you all for giving me more reasons to hold to a post-trib/pre-wrath rapture position. Keep em coming!

On 12/30/2015 at 9:32 PM, Ukulelemike said:

Actually, when the Groom went to retreive his bride, al the guests and servants were with him-the LAST thing the groom did was to retreive his bride. So really, it makes more sense for a post-trib/pre-wrath rapture. 

A quote from this article: "After the groom received his bride together with her female attendants, the enlarged wedding party would return from the bride's home to the groom's father's house.12 Upon arrival there the wedding party would find that the wedding guests had assembled already."

Notice, the guests were already assembled when the groom brought his bride to the marriage supper. So the bride was the LAST person to attend.

Thank you all for giving me more reasons to hold to a post-trib/pre-wrath rapture position. Keep em coming!

Nothing since December Uke?

Makes me wonder if you stumped'em once again!

Truth does bare itself once again!

On Saturday, July 09, 2016 at 10:50 PM, Genevanpreacher said:

Nothing since December Uke?

Makes me wonder if you stumped'em once again!

Truth does bare itself once again!

What a stupid statement to make.

How does no answer make your ideas right?

There could be any number of other reasons for people to stop answering. 

For instance, Uke has taken to just saying he won't continue once he gets challenged, so what is the point?

Or you just resort to name calling and sarcasm when you get challenged, so again, what's the point?

Or how about this thread being about a movie not about the bride etc and people deciding not to sidetrack it any further?

7 hours ago, DaveW said:

For instance, Uke has taken to just saying he won't continue once he gets challenged, so what is the point?

Or you just resort to name calling and sarcasm when you get challenged, so again, what's the point?

Or how about this thread being about a movie not about the bride etc and people deciding not to sidetrack it any further?

Stupid statement?

Name calling?

What's with the condescending attitude Dave?

So when the same thing was done to me a while back it sure wasn't 'stupid'. You are interesting. 

Ok brother. I will just shut my mouth.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

On 7/15/2016 at 7:03 AM, DaveW said:

I never said I will stop if I get challenged, just some things aren't worth a fight. However I think there are plenty of examples that show I am more than willing to carry on an argument if I believe I am correct and its something worth making a hard stand about. Considering I am the last one to make an argument for my position on this shows I am certainly willing. 

But I agree that it was sidetracked.

5 minutes ago, Ukulelemike said:

I never said I will stop if I get challenged, just some things aren't worth a fight. However I think there are plenty of examples that show I am more than willing to carry on an argument if I believe I am correct and its something worth making a hard stand about. Considering I am the last one to make an argument for my position on this shows I am certainly willing. 

But I agree that it was sidetracked.

Mike, I was giving a number of valid reasons why the duscussion was not proceeding further OTHER than the silly assumption that your argument had beaten everyone.

His intent with that post was to provoke and cause division, not to progress the discussion.

I waited for a while and then pointed out that it was a stupid argument.

I have no idea what the rest of his rambling is about, but I am glad he finds me "interesting" in several threads.

We can only hope he holds to his second last sentence.

:nuts:

2 hours ago, DaveW said:

I have no idea what the rest of his rambling is about, but I am glad he finds me "interesting" in several threads.

We can only hope he holds to his second last sentence.

:nuts: