• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

hi from Scotland

Lily

• Members

Hi  my name is LIly am married and from Scotland 

I was born Catholic at 15 i stopped going to church because of Trauma , i followed the occult for while then become Muslim and am now christian 

and i just started going to a baptist church about two months ago  i like its there 

My husband :smiley_wedding: is an atheist i pray that he finds Jesus he goes to church with me as am unable to go out on my own because of mental health issues 

I hear voices and  see things i am on medication for it and i see a therapist  i also Have Religious OCD and depression 

• Members

Hello, Lily! Welcome to the group. Where in Scotland do you live?  I got to visit Scotland on a college missions trip.  We were in Berwick.  We took one day for a whirlwind tour of the Highlands, made a stop in Pitlochry.  As we crossed into Scotland we stopped at Tantallon castle -- that was awesome!  Oh, we also spent some time in Edinburgh.  It was really nice.  I'd love to be able to go back.  My great-grandmother was a Kincaid, and we are members of Clan Kincaid. Every two years there is a "reunion" at the Chief's estate, someday I hope we can go, my son would really like to go to that.  But I have to get him in a kilt first!  :)

• Moderators

Howdy.

I see you were born Catholic, wandered through occultism and Islam and said you are now Christian. Not real often you see someone in this day and age make a distinction between Catholic and Christian.

Okay, my point of curiosity ----- if your husband looked at you one evening and asked, "How do I also become Christian?" What would your response be?

• Moderators

Hello, and welcome, Lily. Beautiful name, like the flower. You made quite the journey to Christ-praise God for it. The things you have known and seen can be of such great help and encouragement to others in your journey with Christ.  So, tell us of how you became a Christian, when you were born again.

From the voices in your head, it may be less mental illness, and more nutritional deficiency. I need to consult my wife, but recently she was telling me about a nutritional reason for hearing voices. I will let you know.

Okay, I spoke to her, she said it is zinc deficiency and copper toxicity. There is a product out there called Vitamix-it is a vitamin/mineral supplement, actually made for livestock, very high concentrations, but they are the same things humans take. It comes in a bulk container, up to a gallon container, or less. About $70US for the gallon-but for a couple people, this can last a year, so its a good deal. It has a perfect balance of zinc and copper, as well as being very high in Niacin and b complex. You can either buy gel capsules to put it into, or just take it in a spoon, about 1/4tsp per day-much more at one time and you'll get a niacin flush, which is harmless, but hot and uncomfortable for about 20 minutes.. You can find it online at   www.franklampley.com.

You can also find a good multi-vitamin supplement at Swansonvitamins.com.

Just a suggestion. Of course, with your journey through cults, you may also be dealing with spiritual oppression-when born again you cannot be possessed, but you CAN be oppressed. So don't be afraid to pray against Satan, to stay in prayer and your Bible-devils are real, and they can depress and oppress you-this is spiritual warfare-and you can win through Christ.

Edited to add: My wife also suggests you go online and look up zinc deficiency symptoms and see if they sound like what you are going through.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi Lily!  Welcome to OB.  I hope we can be a help to you as you are a blessing to us from God.  I have church planter friends who are in Scotland now, starting a new church. They are in Glasgow.  I plan on visiting soon.  I was planning on moving near their home in southeastern, OH, where they planted a church in WV.  We (husband and I) were going to move in a year, but due to my medical problems (grand mall seizures) we have to wait to save more money to buy property and a house as we are paying off medical bills from my hospital visits.  My grand mall seizures are quite traumatic, so if you ever want to talk about health related issues feel free to send me a private message.  I don't hear voices; however, I could help you just by chatting.  Brother Mike has a good point.  Sometimes our illnesses are related to food.  In another post, I mentioned that I was seeing a group of drugless doctors.  They are teaching me how to start a new lifestyle by eating healthy and exercising more frequently.  Just a suggestion.  How sweet of your unsaved husband to take you to church.  Keep close to the Lord Jesus and He will see you through.  Again, welcome and God bless you!

Edited by candlelight