• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Anyone familiar with this person/station?

• Members

I was recently contacted by a guy in Kentucky who found some of my sermons online. I found out what I can about him, and he seems on the up-n-up. I found the church he goes to online (Pleasant View Baptist Church of McQuady, KY), and I've listened to some of his preaching and his pastor's preaching (Dale Massengale). Seems like an IFB church from what I can tell, but they don't have a Statement of Faith on the website...at least, not that I could find.

He just recently contacted me again, and wants to know if I'd like to broadcast weekly sermons on a radio station in Tennessee...$15 a week for a weekly 30-minute broadcast. I already know that I don't want to do it, but I'm still curious if all of this is just a Christian brother offering an opportunity...or if it's someone trying to scam a Christian.

He says the station is run by a retired BIMI missionary by the name of Dr. Grant R. Carter. Anyone ever heard of him?

The station is WBBX, 1410 AM out of Kingston, Tennessee. I have found that it's an actual gospel station (daytime only)...

Like I said, I'm not going to take him up on it...just wondering if anyone is familiar with the retired missionary and/or the station.

• Members

I would pick up the phone and speak with him and maybe even Dr. Carter.  Carter is listed as a missionary at BIMI and they mention his radio station.  I know a number of missionaries at BIMI and folks like the Putney's and Dr. Green are great folks.

• Members
7 hours ago, swathdiver said:

I would pick up the phone and speak with him and maybe even Dr. Carter.  Carter is listed as a missionary at BIMI and they mention his radio station.  I know a number of missionaries at BIMI and folks like the Putney's and Dr. Green are great folks.

Thanks swathdiver...it didn't even occur to me to check BIMI's site. :shootme: