• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Tithe, for the Church or not?

• Members

What Are The Three Tithes? What Is The Storehouse and the First Fruits?  (Ron Robey)

Discussion on the three tithes, the storehouse, and the first fruits. 

NOTE: Biblical tithes never were, and never will be monetary.  Biblical tithes are defined in Leviticus 27:30-33 and Deuteronomy 14:22-29.  Tithes and first fruits are not the same. (Nehemiah 10:37-38)  The storehouse is not the church house.

• Members

Brethren,

Besides their own personal forum (www.thebiblicaltithe.freeforums.net ), dedicated to the hatred of tithing and any method giving to the church, LindaR and Ron Robey are going from forum to forum speading the same message. In only 10 minutes of seaching on the internet I have found the following forums that they are spreading their false message.

Besides the various forums they have made numerous videos, newscasts, etc... in their personal agenda against any form of tithing and giving. Please notice that the first one listed, http://www.baptistdeception.com/about/#.VsBCVfZunIU is a forum dedicated to the destruction of the independent Baptist movement and independent Baptist churches.

http://www.baptistdeception.com/about/#.VsBCVfZunIU

www.pastors.com

www.nairaland.com

www.joshteis.com

blog.echurchgiving.com

www.heavnelychristianforums.com

www.seekgod.ca

www.freerepublic.com

www.thewordonthewordoffaithinfoblog.com

www.baptistdeception.com

LindaR and Ron Robey, in my estimation, are not open to an honest discussion on titihing and giving, they are adamant in spreading their own beliefs that the independent Baptist church pastors are deceiving their flocks and are modern day thieves and Pharisees.

In my opinion, they are on OnLine Baptist to spread their message of deception. In my opinion, they are not independent Baptist and are on this forum to smear those brethren who take pleasure in giving their monetary funds to the Lord through the church.

Frankly, I find it nauseating reading their perverted teachings and wonder why they should be allowed to continue on OnLine Baptist. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Alan said:

Brethren,

Besides their own personal forum (www.thebiblicaltithe.freeforums.net ), dedicated to the hatred of tithing and any method giving to the church, LindaR and Ron Robey are going from forum to forum speading the same message. In only 10 minutes of seaching on the internet I have found the following forums that they are spreading their false message.

Besides the various forums they have made numerous videos, newscasts, etc... in their personal agenda against any form of tithing and giving. Please notice that the first one listed, http://www.baptistdeception.com/about/#.VsBCVfZunIU is a forum dedicated to the destruction of the independent Baptist movement and independent Baptist churches.

http://www.baptistdeception.com/about/#.VsBCVfZunIU

www.pastors.com

www.nairaland.com

www.joshteis.com

blog.echurchgiving.com

www.heavnelychristianforums.com

www.seekgod.ca

www.freerepublic.com

www.thewordonthewordoffaithinfoblog.com

www.baptistdeception.com

LindaR and Ron Robey, in my estimation, are not open to an honest discussion on titihing and giving, they are adamant in spreading their own beliefs that the independent Baptist church pastors are deceiving their flocks and are modern day thieves and Pharisees.

In my opinion, they are on OnLine Baptist to spread their message of deception. In my opinion, they are not independent Baptist and are on this forum to smear those brethren who take pleasure in giving their monetary funds to the Lord through the church.

Frankly, I find it nauseating reading their perverted teachings and wonder why they should be allowed to continue on OnLine Baptist. 

Alan, 

Thank you for your opinion.

However, in your accusations against us, you have bore false witness.  We ARE Independent Fundamental Baptists. I have been an IFB since 1991 when I lived in Nc.  Upon moving to MS in 2005, I joined an IFB body of Believers and have joined no other affiliation since.

Linda has been IFB here in MS.since 2004

Your link to baptist deception is one I have not been to.  I clicked the link.  It is someone named Steve Sorenson.  I am not Steve Sorenson.  Nor am I affiliated with Steve Sorenson.  Nor do I know Steve Sorenson.

As to the accusatioon that we are against giving, you again are bear false witness.  We are not against giving.

we are, however, against the doctrine that God requires monetary tithes of us.  Even Pastor Markle has admitted that there is no such command in the New Testament for us to tithe money to the Church.

Should you post Scripture that gives such a command for monetary tithing, we will be more than happy to change our position on tithes.

By the way, several of those links you provided above neither Linda, nor myself have ever been a member of.  Perhaps someone else is using my articles.  If so, I pray that many eyes are opened to the truth that God never commanded monetary tithes for the Church in His Word.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members
1 hour ago, Standing Firm In Christ said:

Alan, 

Thank you for your opinion.

However, in your accusations against us, you have bore false witness.  We ARE Independent Fundamental Baptists. I have been an IFB since 1991 when I lived in Nc.  Upon moving to MS in 2005, I joined an IFB body of Believers and have joined no other affiliation since. You need to check my wording again. I did not ask if you are a member of an independent Baptist church. I clearly said, "In my opinion, they are not independent Baptist..." This describes your character, your spirit, and your motive.

Your link to baptist deception is one I have not been to. Robey, that is not the truth. Brethren, below this quotation block is a direct copy of Ron Robey teaching on www.baptistdeception.com  I clicked the link.  It is someone named Steve Sorenson.  I am not Steve Sorenson.  Nor am I affiliated with Steve Sorenson.  Nor do I know Steve Sorenson. I never said you were Steve Sorenson, I never even hinted it. I said, "and  Ron Robey are going from forum to forum speading the same message."

As to the accusatioon that we are against giving, you again are bear false witness.  We are not against giving. Robey, you are the one who bore false witness against me and twisted what I said.

by the way, several of those links you provided above neither Linda, nor myself have ever been a member of.  Perhaps someone else is using my articles.  If so, I pray that many eyes are opened to the truth that God never commanded monetary tithes for the Church in His Word. I never said, or even hinted, that you were a member of any of the formuns I mentioned, I said that you were going from forum to forum spreading your beliefs.

Brethren,

Here is the quote of Ron Robey teaching on the tithe on the forum www.baptistdeception.com

Ron Robey says:

The “fifth” that Betty is referring to may be the fifth part added thereto when one redeemed the crop tithe in Leviticus 27:30-32.

One must understand that one could not just take money to the Levite and say, “Here’s my tithe!” No, the tithe was to be taken to the Levite… even if the farmer or wanted to keep it. The Levite would assess the value of the tithe, and if the farmer wanted to buy it back, he could at a 20% over the value rate.

In other words, if the tithe was worth 10 shekels, the farmer could buy it back, if he so chose to do, for 12 shekels.

Hope that helps.

End of Quote of Ron Robey on www.baptistdeception.com

Brethren,

Like I said before, Ron Robey is going from forum to forum spreading his own beliefs on the tithe and giving. In my opinion, Ron Robey is OnLine Baptist to promote his own agenda.

EDIT: I sincerely hope that I do not need to go through every forum that Ron Robey is spreading his teaching. Some of these other forums are more  nausiating than Robey's posts.

Alan

Edited by Alan
Added the last sentence.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Alan said:

Brethren,

Here is the quote of Ron Robey teaching on the tithe on the forum www.baptistdeception.com

Ron Robey says:

The “fifth” that Betty is referring to may be the fifth part added thereto when one redeemed the crop tithe in Leviticus 27:30-32.

One must understand that one could not just take money to the Levite and say, “Here’s my tithe!” No, the tithe was to be taken to the Levite… even if the farmer or wanted to keep it. The Levite would assess the value of the tithe, and if the farmer wanted to buy it back, he could at a 20% over the value rate.

In other words, if the tithe was worth 10 shekels, the farmer could buy it back, if he so chose to do, for 12 shekels.

Hope that helps.

End of Quote of Ron Robey on www.baptistdeception.com

Brethren,

Like I said before, Ron Robey is going from forum to forum spreading his own beliefs on the tithe and giving. In my opinion, Ron Robey is OnLine Baptist to promote his own agenda.

EDIT: I sincerely hope that I do not need to go through every forum that Ron Robey is spreading his teaching. Some of these other forums are more  nausiating than Robey's posts.

Alan

That comment in the baptist deception blog I do not recall ever posting.  I had never heard of the blog before today.  Yes, my name is Ron Robey.  But I did not write that post.  Nor did Linda.  

• Members

Just now, Standing Firm In Christ said:

That comment in the baptist deception blog I do not recall ever posting.  I had never heard of the blog before today.  Yes, my name is Ron Robey.  But I did not write that post.  Nor did Linda.  

Robey, that is hard to believe. Shall we go to post to post now? I never said that Linda wrote it either or even hinted she did.

Are you going to deny all of the other posts also?

Robey, what about the twisting of my words on the other things I mentioned? I did not bear false witness on anything I said. You are the one that is bearing false witness.

• Members

Anyone reading my reply to you can easily see I did not twist your words.

i will readily admit I posted on some of those forums, e.g.; nairaland, (nairaland is where I debated the monetary tithe requirement for 58 days) seekGod, heavenlychristianforums, pastors .  However, the others are a mystery to me.  Perhaps someone who knows I teach against tithing is using my name so that they themselves remain anonymous.

here are a couple others I post on,... churchplanters & churchleaders.  

I do not deny where I have posted in the past.

• Members

No need to post quotes from other foruns.  I readily admit to teaching against tithing.  Everyone here is quite aware of that fact.  But, I will not admit to posts on other boards that I have not made,... even if they do have my name attached to them.

My articles are used by many on social media and on some blogs and forums as well.  Some use them with my permission and with my name attached.  Some have used them without my permission.  Many of my memes have gone viral without my getting credit.  Many have gotten my permission beforehand.

as I said, even Pastor Markle afmits that I am right whrn I say there is no command or example in the New Testament for Believers to tithe.

and, if you read the devotions and sermons that I have posted in the past on OB, you will see I encourage people to give.  So, I am not against giving.

• Members

Brethren,

More of less everything that Ron Robey has written on the other forums are now being taught on OnLine Baptist in one form or another. What started out as an honest discussion on the tithe and the church has turned out to be just one forum Ron Robey can use for his own personal agenda and interpretation of the scriptures.