• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

posting a photo in directory

• Members

One of the best church sites I've visited. The scripture verses with the accompanying photos, and the wise sayings of some of the great men of God, was encouraging and edifying. I also appreciate the photos of the revival meeting. Thanks for letting us know about the site.  :clap: After viewing the site I felt that the church, 'Georges Creek Missionary Baptist Church,' was a church worth visiting to all those in the area of the church.

Alan

• Members
13 hours ago, Alan said:

One of the best church sites I've visited. The scripture verses with the accompanying photos, and the wise sayings of some of the great men of God, was encouraging and edifying. I also appreciate the photos of the revival meeting. Thanks for letting us know about the site.  :clap: After viewing the site I felt that the church, 'Georges Creek Missionary Baptist Church,' was a church worth visiting to all those in the area of the church.

Alan

Thank you!  We love our little church.  We average about 18 on Sunday morning, and frequently we have more on Wednesday evening than Sunday morning.  My husband is rather amused by this since it is so unheard of.  We feel God wants to do great things with this church, we are in a time of preparation, so we are praying for faithfulness and the working of the Spirit among the people.  For awhile our numbers dropped.  It is largely an older congregation, and several have become housebound and a couple passed away.  We did get a little concerned at that point, but the Lord has brought a few new people in so that we are back up to close the same attendance when we first came.  I think that we are supposed to be focusing on strengthening this core group -- building a strong foundation as it were -- before the Lord will bless us with further growth.  It is our focus in prayer right now.

I feel very blessed to be part of this church.  The pastor is a man who was good friends with my father and I grew up knowing him.  He believes he was there at my old home church the first Sunday my parents brought me, just a few weeks after I was born (I suspect it was no more than two weeks at the most)  So even though my father has been gone for over twenty years it is kind of like having him with me again, there is a connection.

• Moderators
22 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I'm on my phone, and it's showing that the Facebook link that you gave is for a church in Mississippi.

Lol.... I was searching for a church near Yellowstone the other day, and I found one whose webpage link took me to a different church (same name) in Missouri or some such place... apparently they believe in a geocentric earth. O-kay... :o