• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Evolution Evangelism

• Moderators
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:42 PM, JesusLivesInUs said:

Isn't it interesting how ppl are so averse to discussing certain topics such as Evolution without being rude and dismissive of the plain facts.  It's the same ignorance that Nazi sympathizers held on to, stating the Holocaust never occurred or the same prejudice of those in Salem in the 1600's who thought the lady who acted just a bit peculiar, needed to be burned. God gave us the ability through millions of years of existence, to rationalize and understand God's creation. Does the notion of evolution understate the beauty of God's creation? Anyway, I think Bill Nye destroyed Hamm's argument. He has yet to make a valid argument against the facts. 

Looking at your screen name (Jesus Lives in us) leads me to the question -- how much of (which parts of) the Bible do you believe to be the Word of God? (If it is the Word of God it will be inerrant. If those portions are errant, they are not the Word of God)

• Members
10 hours ago, OLD fashioned preacher said:

Looking at your screen name (Jesus Lives in us) leads me to the question -- how much of (which parts of) the Bible do you believe to be the Word of God? (If it is the Word of God it will be inerrant. If those portions are errant, they are not the Word of God)

Thank you for your response. If I may ask a serious question with the utmost respect to those reading...how do we know...really know that all books/ writers of what makes up the Bible are educated, men of God? How do we know that each writer represents God? Is this a matter of faith on your part?  Book of Genesis really from an allegorical sense is beautiful, however from a practical view, not so much. 

• Members

Would you care to wander over to the intro area and give us your salvation testimony

36 minutes ago, JesusLivesInUs said:

Thank you for your response. If I may ask a serious question with the utmost respect to those reading...how do we know...really know that all books/ writers of what makes up the Bible are educated, men of God? How do we know that each writer represents God? Is this a matter of faith on your part?  Book of Genesis really from an allegorical sense is beautiful, however from a practical view, not so much. 

Thanks!

• Members

Let's try a different approach here. Where is the proof that we did not evolve from apes and before that from simpler creatures? Don't cite a passage or parable. What is your evidence in your counter argument. We already have the archeological and genetic evidence out there for public consumption. What is the basis for your anger/ dispute against Evolution. How is this threatening to your belief structure?

• Members
58 minutes ago, JesusLivesInUs said:

Let's try a different approach here. Where is the proof that we did not evolve from apes and before that from simpler creatures? Don't cite a passage or parable. What is your evidence in your counter argument. We already have the archeological and genetic evidence out there for public consumption. What is the basis for your anger/ dispute against Evolution. How is this threatening to your belief structure?

You still haven't answered any of the questions that I asked of you.

• Members
1 hour ago, No Nicolaitans said:

You still haven't answered any of the questions that I asked of you.

Not sure what question you are asking. You mention 'Chain of Custody' which is if I am not incorrect about the handling of evidence. I believe I did provide a great link to the Smithsonian where they show you the skeletal remains of our ancestors. It's quite fascinating in the fact that there were so many subspecies of early humans. We of course are the one surviving line which brought us to what we are today, allowing us to have this conversation. Interesting also in how the skull brain cavity increased in size from subspecies to where we could manipulate objects, rationalize and so forth with increased complexity. Be thankful to God that we were allowed to evolve against so many odds. Of course this was not by chance. 

• Members
3 hours ago, JesusLivesInUs said:

So...you don't want "us" to use the Bible, yet you have no problem referencing writings that you perceive as authoritative?

41 minutes ago, JesusLivesInUs said:

Not sure what question you are asking. You mention 'Chain of Custody' which is if I am not incorrect about the handling of evidence. I believe I did provide a great link to the Smithsonian where they show you the skeletal remains of our ancestors. It's quite fascinating in the fact that there were so many subspecies of early humans. We of course are the one surviving line which brought us to what we are today, allowing us to have this conversation. Interesting also in how the skull brain cavity increased in size from subspecies to where we could manipulate objects, rationalize and so forth with increased complexity. Be thankful to God that we were allowed to evolve against so many odds. Of course this was not by chance. 

Yes, a Chain of Custody does relate to evidence in one aspect, but as someone who relies heavily on the sciences, surely you're familiar with how a Chain of Custody relates to samples.

I also asked you several questions in another thread.

At this point, and with the revelation of your answer to my one question in this thread, I can only assume that your answer(s) will be "no".

This further makes me realize that you are accepting your belief in evolution by faith. You believe what you've read about it, heard about it, saw about it, or was taught about it. You accept by faith that all of the "evolutionary proofs" are true.

55 minutes ago, JesusLivesInUs said:

Also, what is an Independant Fundamental Baptist? Are you a church of 1? I never heard of that.

Basically, an Independent Fundamental Baptist can describe a church or an individual; whereas, Independent Fundamental Baptists are members of Independent Fundamental Baptist churches.

We are "independent"; whereas, IFB churches are self-governing without a denominational hierarchy like others answer to. Christ is who we answer to.

We are "fundamental"; whereas, we adhere to the biblical fundamentals of the faith.

We are "Baptist"; whereas, we hold to Baptist distinctives in our theological belief, worship, and church polity.

Sorry for the extra quote below...I'm on my phone and can't get rid of it.

31 minutes ago, JesusLivesInUs said:

• Members
2 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

So...you don't want "us" to use the Bible, yet you have no problem referencing writings that you perceive as authoritative?

Yes, a Chain of Custody does relate to evidence in one aspect, but as someone who relies heavily on the sciences, surely you're familiar with how a Chain of Custody relates to samples.

I also asked you several questions in another thread.

At this point, and with the revelation of your answer to my one question in this thread, I can only assume that your answer(s) will be "no".

This further makes me realize that you are accepting your belief in evolution by faith. You believe what you've read about it, heard about it, saw about it, or was taught about it. You accept by faith that all of the "evolutionary proofs" are true.

Basically, an Independent Fundamental Baptist can describe a church or an individual; whereas, Independent Fundamental Baptists are members of Independent Fundamental Baptist churches.

We are "independent"; whereas, IFB churches are self-governing without a denominational hierarchy like others answer to. Christ is who we answer to.

We are "fundamental"; whereas, we adhere to the biblical fundamentals of the faith.

We are "Baptist"; whereas, we hold to Baptist distinctives in our theological belief, worship, and church polity.

Sorry for the extra quote below...I'm on my phone and can't get rid of it.

Thank you for the explanation of IFB. Never heard of your organization until today. I have looked online and apparently it's hardcore KJV only. Do you really believe all black people bear the mark of Cain and are cursed? Do you think our Lord Jesus would say this is how we treat one another? The answer is NO! His message is love not hate. Oh and to give up Movies, Dancing or music with "addictive" rock beat must be a crowd pleaser. Well, God bless you my friend. To each, there own!

• Members
7 hours ago, JesusLivesInUs said:

DaveW, it would at some point be nice to share that. 

It is not at all difficult.

You go to the introduction section and make a new post, take....what, all of 3 minutes to type out your salvation testimony.

I am sure there are others who would luke to read it as well.

• Members
8 minutes ago, JesusLivesInUs said:

Thank you for the explanation of IFB. Never heard of your organization until today. I have looked online and apparently it's hardcore KJV only. Do you really believe all black people bear the mark of Cain and are cursed? Do you think our Lord Jesus would say this is how we treat one another? The answer is NO! His message is love not hate. Oh and to give up Movies, Dancing or music with "addictive" rock beat must be a crowd pleaser. Well, God bless you my friend. To each, there own!

Well it is good to see the depth of "research" you go to.....

This description applies to next to no one on this site.

And by the way, this is a fundamental Independent Baptist website - says so in the info. You surely read the info on the site and the rules, so you must have seen it there.

• Members
20 minutes ago, JesusLivesInUs said:

LOL!

You can't believe everything you read online my friend. All black people bear the mark of Cain and are cursed? LOLOLOLOL!!! So did this site that you found say that all IFBs believe that? That would be like saying that all scientists believe in evolution...or...all evolutionists are scientists. Neither of which is true.

I would agree wholeheartedly with you; in that, no...that's definitely not how we are to treat one another.

As to movies, dancing, and music...

My stance is that any church that forbids such and requires their staff and members to refrain from such is wrong. However, as Christians grow in their walk with the Lord and as the Holy Spirit reveals more spiritual truth to them, they will become more like Christ and less like the world...not because they HAVE to, but because they WANT to...but that's my view, and I'm independent.

While I'm thinking about it, since you're a fan of science, perhaps you would consider perusing The Institute for Creation Research and look at some of their articles under Resources.

Edited by No Nicolaitans
spelling

• Members
7 hours ago, JesusLivesInUs said:

As mentioned else where, you quite obviously are simply accepting the testimony of "scientists" by faith, because you have used "scientific information" that is simply wrong.

I gave you some basic scientific argument which you countered by quoting " scientific" sources without giving credit or source, and in fact quoting science that was irrelevant to my arguments.

You wish to accept neither Bible (by your own claim in this thread), upon which the whole basis of Christianity is formed, nor science which is contrary to your position.

This shows me that you are determined to hold your position no matter what you are presented with.

Genetics in fact shows that there is no scientific genetic mechanism whereby indormation has or indeed can be added to DNA, and this is the ENTIRE basis for evolution. Genetics DOES NOT supoort evolution.

Geology cannot be observed according to mainstream science, because it happens too slow, but in fact there have been several cases where major geolical formations have been formed in days or weeks, under direct scientific observation, SCIENTIFICALLY PROVING that geology does not happen slowly, but quickly through catastophic events.

The "ancestors" in the fossil record do not show a genetic correlation with Homo-sapiens, only a "structural similarity", and in fact the lines of development shows in didferent species in schoolbooks etc have long ago been shown to be false - check out the development of the horse for instance, which testing has shown that the "line of development" is not smooth and ordely, but in fact totally out of order.

There is NO science that proves the earth is millions of years old.

There is NO science that proves genetic evolution.

There is NO science that shows ANY evolutionary progression in any "kind" (sorry to use a Biblical reference.... on a christian website....)

There is NO science that even allows the mechanisms of evolution to happen.

Evolution has never been observed, is not possible in the observable study of ANY scientific field, and is against the record of the Bible.