• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Current events which may or may not relate to scripture

• Members

Hello all... let's talk.  Recently there was a change made to the feed stream of this site.  A few of us are having difficulty finding new posts and so (I think) it may be leading to a lack of discussions.  Many of us came here for fellowship with other IFB friends, brothers, and sisters. The world has a worldly view... But I'm curious as to what do fellow bible believer's think about the following topics, and whether (or not) you think any/all of the topics relate to scripture, if so, why? Thanks for your input as I feel we should "gather together" as we see the day approaching. 

Here are just a few things I thought of which I don't see being discussed here currently:

Earthquakes in various places around the globe
Financial economy troubles around the globe
China and Russia both pressing for a new world currency
US public schools took God out/all government buildings removing any reference to God
    and does this relate to the younger generation's rebellion against parents and authority figures
Do you see these things increasing over the last decade (yes, they've always been around, but have you noticed a marked increase over the last 5-10 years in):
    self-love, gimme now/I deserve everything-for-nothing-attitudes
    covetousness (desiring things that other people have which are beyond your means)
    arrogance, boasting, pride
    cussing, smut on TV even in the commercials
    unthankfulness
    being lied to/betrayed/broken promises all without any signs of remorse
    pleasure-seeking
    mocking of Christians, mocking of the bible, mocking of God and Jesus
    fornication/adultery/perversions such as homosexuality and pedophiles

Russia and Iran both being right outside Israel's borders in Syria
CERN
The LGBT movement and/or gay marriage

Christian persecution in middle east nations (and or in our/your own)
False teachers on TV (and in churches)

Muslim invasion of the world
Syrian refugee crisis (what do you think of the crisis in Germany, Austria, and other nations. Also what do you think about Obama importing them here to US?)    The "deal" which basically allows Iran to have nukes
Obama's use of executive orders to bypass Congress

And if you'd like to discuss any of these things (or other current events), please state if you believe it does or does not pertain to scripture and why.
Pick a topic... and let's dig in! Thanks :)

• Members

There are many things on that list! I agree with you regarding the difficulty of using this sight after the latest upgrade and I miss the fellowship here very much.

Many of the things on the list are not all that noteworthy as they have occurred for centuries in one manner or another. Recently there was a report on earthquakes which showed there are no more earthquakes per year than is normal.

Dominate currencies have changed many times as things in the world change. The only reason the American dollar came to dominate is because after WWII America was the only major nation not heavily damaged and in debt because of the war. Things have changed drastically since then in that America is now extremely deep in debt, her manufacturing base is gone, her population has greatly changed and is poised to continue such. Many nations are looking for the next best place to put their trust in money as America's financial house is no longer secure or trustworthy.

Muslims have been at war with Europe, Christians and non-Muslims in general virtually since the invention of Islam. Just a hundred years ago Islam still held large portions of Europe they had taken through war. It was WW One which changed that. Today they use immigration and high birth rates to try and dominate and conquer "Christian Europe" for allah.

In many cases the "God" that was in some of America's public schools was secular/cultural in nature, rather than biblical. The liturgical prayers were the same.

Like every "Christian" nation before her, America is turning her back not only upon God, but even upon the secular/cultural aspects of Christianity that once helped unify the people. Meanwhile, in other parts of the world Christianity is spreading, growing deeper roots, and Christians are living for the Lord.

Many of the things listed above are seeming to be growing worse here, but not in other parts of the world. When considering Scripture in the light of what's going on should we look only at what's happening in America or the world as a whole? That makes a big difference in how things look.

No doubt, all things taking place today will be used of God to bring about His perfect will, which includes His plan for the end times. Whether God's end time plans may kick into gear this year, next year, a decade, century from now or whenever, we can't tell.

One thing that's very important, no matter the culture we live in, we need to be determined to live for Christ no matter what. Whether the world's time is short or not, we know the lives of many are, so we need to get the Gospel to everyone. We also don't know when our time here will end so we need to be diligent to be in the Word, prayer and growth in Christ likeness.

The world is a mess. Better or worse in various ways in various places. It's a fact that one day Christ will return so we should live as if He may return today while also living as if He may not return in our lifetime.

• Members

Thanks John! Glad you found the page... it took me a while to "re-find" it, lol.  While I don't agree with everything (you're right, I brought up a very broad list), I do believe you made an excellent point about no matter where we live, and under what circumstances, we need to be living for Christ, spreading the gospel.  I also think you're very correct when you stated the secular nature of God in schools in times past, although at least there was a more open door to discussion between believer's and those who may have never heard the gospel at home (in school age range). Now it's (witnessing in school) is not only frowned upon, but condemned, so I see that as a further affront to the Lord. 

I intentionally brought up a wide range of topics.... everyone is not going to agree on everything. Yet, with so many topics to discuss, I am hoping we can all find some issues to discuss, whether we agree or not.  Many of these issues (not all) I'd prefer NOT to discuss with the unsaved world in general, simply because we can hear a worldly view anytime, but to have fellowship and discussion amongst Christian brothers and sisters and (hopefully) through the lens of the bible as well. 

• Members

Hi, I think I agree with you here, most of these things (two or three I know nothing about) are related to the a conspiracy against the people of God and the Lamb, Revelation 17:14  These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. I think Lucifer and Co. (who works in darkness through secret societies and has spewed forth many organisations such as the U.N. and spy software like 'Echelon' which I don't want to alarm too much.  ) believe that they can overthrow Christ when he visits the earth, I sometimes distribute copies of 'Megiddo I: The March to Armageddon' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0810969/    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjsXBZtPxs4  

Because I think it is the best Documentary I have seen on the topic. John wondered when he saw it in a vision, it is so big it is hard to define or label. sise wise we are like nats discussing a dragon, which bit should we discuse first?

• Members

I never knew  'China and Russia [were] both pressing for a new world currency', but the way china has been building city's which no-one seems to be able to afford would make it look like they are trying to collapse the current global economy. If you do a search for 'china's empty cities' you will find that they have been frantically building cities for decades now but they are mostly sitting empty, this is whole cities.

• Members

Russia started demanding payments for their oil to be made in a currency other than the dollar after Obama got personal towards Putin. China is working on forming an Asian banking center, which even our "allies" in the EU are joining with, that is the stepping stone for turning from the dollar as the major currency of exchange.

China has ambitious plans to modernize, move much of their rural population into cities to be put to work there, to build a Pacific naval fleet capable of dealing with the American Pacific fleet, and upgrading the rest of their military so they can dominate Asia with intentions to become the next world superpower. America, by buying many Chinese products and borrowing heavily from China is funding these projects to her own detriment.

How and when this will all play out leading up to the actual end times is hard to tell, but it's certain we are closer to the return of Christ today than when we first believed!

• Members
4 hours ago, John81 said:

Russia started demanding payments for their oil to be made in a currency other than the dollar after Obama got personal towards Putin. China is working on forming an Asian banking center, which even our "allies" in the EU are joining with, that is the stepping stone for turning from the dollar as the major currency of exchange.

China has ambitious plans to modernize, move much of their rural population into cities to be put to work there, to build a Pacific naval fleet capable of dealing with the American Pacific fleet, and upgrading the rest of their military so they can dominate Asia with intentions to become the next world superpower. America, by buying many Chinese products and borrowing heavily from China is funding these projects to her own detriment.

How and when this will all play out leading up to the actual end times is hard to tell, but it's certain we are closer to the return of Christ today than when we first believed!

It must have been 40 years or so ago that I read a letter in a newspaper when the writer said he was in Copenhagen,  In a store an assistant said "That will be (so many Krone) " The American tourist replied "What is that in real money"  the assistant answered "Twenty five pounds"  American tourist snapped "I meant dollars"  "Oh sorry sir, I thought you said 'real money' "

• Members
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎01‎:‎21‎, Invicta said:

It must have been 40 years or so ago that I read a letter in a newspaper when the writer said he was in Copenhagen,  In a store an assistant said "That will be (so many Krone) " The American tourist replied "What is that in real money"  the assistant answered "Twenty five pounds"  American tourist snapped "I meant dollars"  "Oh sorry sir, I thought you said 'real money' "

That is hilarious!!!! :ROFL: But, sooooo true!!!! :laff cry:

• Members
On Thursday, November 12, 2015, John81 said:

Hello John, some of that makes sense, I think the reason that America is buying from China in and bringing America down in the process is that America like Britain is controlled by stealth via Media and Education by SECRET SOCIETIES, I know Bush and Papa Bush and Kerry are Skull and Bones, and some of them are in two or more of these secretive groups, all three named there have been asked on video record about the skull and bones, but 'it is so secret that we can't even talk about it', and such like is the best answer any of them gave. It is Secret because it is Luciferian, evil and treacherous, and these are the people who sell your nation down the river, but you might get some flack for speaking out about them.

On Saturday, November 14, 2015, Alan said:

That is hilarious!!!! :ROFL: But, sooooo true!!!! :laff cry:

Being British, I would like to agree, but we use unbacked I.O.U. notes just like America.

• Members

Throughout the history of nations elite power players, often behind the scenes, have held great sway in the building up as well as destruction of nations for the sake of their own profit. They place people in positions of power who they know will work for their benefit, not the nation.

It's been a very long time since America has had a truly nationalist president, congress and Supreme Court. England has gone long without similar as well. In the meantime, while both nations have been descending at an increasing rate, the power players have been enriching themselves. With their vast wealth and political connections around the world they can leave any nation that crumbles and continue to live as if unquestioned royalty elsewhere.