• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Conduit Search

Invicta

• Members

I have an old laptop running Windows Vista and there is a search engine called Conduit Search that has appeared and I believe it is malicious.  There is and associated prog called Search Protect.  It seems these are difficult to remove and will reinstall themselves if you don't get them all removed, Does anyone know of anyway to remove these? I did find something called Spy Hunter which claimed to remove this but I was a bit doubtful about that.  Any ideas about how I can remove it?

Edited by Invicta

• Members

Research a program called HijackThis. (All one word)

used to be great for removing MalWare.in the Windows 98/Me era.  Not promisingx it will work on Vista, but worth a try.  I downloaded it years ago from MajorGeeks website.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

I ran that from Trend Micro and am in the process of running their Housecall.  Before that I ran Chrome Cleanup and that identified those two items and said it removed them but conduit search still made itself the default search engine.I will see what happens.  The laptop was extremely slow and internet would be slow or stop.

• Members

Malwarebytes is another good tool for removing things like that. I use their free version...same as the paid version except you don't get real-time protection, and it doesn't have automatic updates. The real-time protection will stop things like that from happening. The free version removes them after they've happened.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

• Members
On 11/11/2015, 02:01:58, No Nicolaitans said:

Malwarebytes is another good tool for removing things like that. I use their free version...same as the paid version except you don't get real-time protection, and it doesn't have automatic updates. The real-time protection will stop things like that from happening. The free version removes them after they've happened.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Thanks.  I seem to have removed those problems but the laptop is still extremely slow.  I will try that later/