• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hagee's Haggle...

• Moderators
21 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Some of Hagee's "discoveries" of the mystery of the prayer shawl...

1. Moses wore one to his funeral.
  2. David wore one when he battled Goliath.
  3. Jesus wore one his entire life...from the time he was 13 until his death.
  4. The sheet that Peter saw in his dream about the unclean animals wasn't a sheet...it was a prayer shawl.
  5. Elijah's mantle that fell to Elisha was a prayer shawl.
  6. The head cloth that Jesus folded and set aside in the tomb (after his resurrection) was a prayer shawl.
  7. The woman who touched the hem of Jesus garment was touching his prayer shawl.
  8. Paul didn't make tents; he made prayer shawls.
  9. And the real whopper...the tabernacle in the wilderness was...you guessed it...a prayer shawl.

Scripture references that proves all of the above are found in...wait a minute, they're in there somewhere...ah! Here it is...well, no...that's not it. Ahem...sorry 'bout that...Okay...the scripture references that prove all of the above are found in...well...Hagee's haggling.

By the way, can you provide references for this? I'd be interested in reading it, as a lesson for my folks.  Thanks

Edited to add: never mind, I found it.

Interesting point: he says the man he saw at the wall was holding 'the word of God', when in reality, it was a siddur, a prayer book, which had portions of OT books, as well as some apocryphal Jewish writings, as well. Not exactly the word of God, per se.  Its also odd how he found ALL of these things JUST from the Bible. Odd, since that means either he has a different Bible altogether, or he has some special insight to see what isn't there, or, of course, he's a liar and snake oil salesman. Which one...hmmm.....

• Members
19 minutes ago, Ukulelemike said:

By the way, can you provide references for this? I'd be interested in reading it, as a lesson for my folks.  Thanks

Edited to add: never mind, I found it.

Interesting point: he says the man he saw at the wall was holding 'the word of God', when in reality, it was a siddur, a prayer book, which had portions of OT books, as well as some apocryphal Jewish writings, as well. Not exactly the word of God, per se.  Its also odd how he found ALL of these things JUST from the Bible. Odd, since that means either he has a different Bible altogether, or he has some special insight to see what isn't there, or, of course, he's a liar and snake oil salesman. Which one...hmmm.....

I discovered a few of his discoveries by discovering one of his "Mystery of the Prayer Shawl" videos on Youtube...

If you want to fleece people, make heavy use of the words "discover" and "mystery"! ;)

• Members
On 11/10/2015, 6:08:03, Alan said:

With these reprobates they do not need a scripture reference to fleece the modern Laodicean saint.

I agree, Alan.  One of the biggest problems (in my opinion) of "churchianity" these days is that few are opening their bibles up and actually reading the words (let alone studying).  There are some instances (I've seen) where pastors don't teach the word, and don't admonish their congregation to read the bible. BUT, on the other hand...  many times the blame does NOT lay at the door of pastors. I've also seen/heard good pastors teach and preach on the word of God and yet many in the congregation leave their bibles to collect dust throughout the rest of the week.  That's certainly not the pastors fault. 

I think that's what has happened over the last few decades. Congregations have swarmed to teachers who fill their ears with whatever folly they want to hear. We see these mega-churches filled to capacity because they are giving them a watered-down version of the truth... spun into lies... to appease the masses (and of course make them BIG money). 

2 Tim 4:3-4
3 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;"
4 " And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

It's been my experience that the smaller churches are where you'll be more likely to find the word of God truly being presented. And you don't see them selling items for financial gain. Those are the pastors who have adhered to 2 Tim 4:2 "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine."

I am thankful there are still a few of those pastors left... 

• Moderators

People are so afraid to judge anything anymore, they don't just lack discernment, they outright refuse and reject it, and so they fall to such men as Hagee or Popoff or any of the great number of charlatans out there, fleecing the flock.

Even in the IFB circles, this idea of "don't judge" is gaining ground. It seems the highest of sins anymore to speak out against any pastor's teaching, that to do so, even from scripture, is to stand against God's anointed.

I read an article today called "What Christians Can Learn From Piranhas" (http://ministry127.com/christian-living/what-christians-can-learn-from-piranhas ) which intimates that ANY public disagreement against another believer, (read: Pastor or church) is like a piranha attacking a larger prey. Certain assumptions are made: A piranha is just a little fish with sharp teeth, they group together because they are weak and cowardly, they attack only prey larger than themselves, and they will always eat their own if they are caught on a hook or otherwise injured.   I encourage you to read it-it is clearly written against those who would disagree with ministries, particularly large, very public ministries that have a reach well outside their own walls, as it were, suggesting they are envious cowards looking to bite and devour. It completely repudiates the biblical examples of warning against carnality and false or questionable doctrine.  Thus, its the IFB way of saying, let your pastor judge YOU, but NEVER, EVER judge your pastor, or anyone else's for that matter. So, No Discernment Allowed!