• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hagee's Haggle...

• Members
33 minutes ago, Alan said:

Hagee, "a lover of fulthy lucre,"

What? You mean his $49 "Prayer Shawl" is a gimmick? Surely Hagee's promise that one can discover the power of the prayer shawl is sincere...after all, who wouldn't want more power in their prayers...and using a "prayer shawl" will do that for you! :thblisshe5::woohoo:

Look out...'cause I'm wearing a prayer shawl!  :bigshock:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Excerpts from Hagee:

At that moment I felt the Lord tell me to “discover the mystery of the prayer shawl.”

How did God communicate His Word to man before the printing press? It was through the prayer shawl.

A prayer shawl is God’s residence.

Through this teaching you will see how the prayer shawl reveals the name of God, the Word of God, the residence of God, His double portion of power for miracles, and the prayer shawl reveals the prophecy of Israel.

This is only a small portion of the mystery held in the prayer shawl. When we begin to grasp all that our precious Father has in store for us, we will begin to know how much He truly loves us. My prayer for you is that when you begin to study the mystery of the prayer shawl, you will begin to accept the most incredible gift God has made available to us through His only Son, Jesus, the redemption through the Blood!

SOURCE

___________________________________________________________________________________________

And all this time I thought it was the gospel that shows God's most incredible gift of redemption so they could accept it...but it's a shawl? He wants lost people to study about "the mystery of the prayer shawl" in order to be saved? Why not just give them the gospel?  :scratchchin:

• Members

Considering the amount of money Hagee takes in each year if the prayer shawl were so important he could freely give one to all who ask so the poor wouldn't be deprived of the special times with God that he seems to claim can only come through use of the prayer shawl he's now selling.:rolleyes:

Sadly, I know several Christians who have some connection with Hagee based upon his support for Israel and attention to end times matters (which is always in conjunction with him selling more of his books).

• Members

I have to agree that he has become all about a sales pitch. I think God will not be happy with those who are profiting off of the word of God (and twisting it to suit their own purposes) selling dvd's, shawls, etc. I'm glad to see he's in support of Israel, but he doesn't have sound doctrine about how Jewish people "get saved". I'm also glad he teaches on the pre-trib rapture, but once again, he is always selling something... I don't think it's right. 

• Moderators

Wait, so Hagee says we need to cover our heads with the prayer shawl to have power in prayer? Does he recommend this? Because I know this is what the Jews do. Even though the Bible says that a man who has his head covered is not fit to pray or prophesy in 1Cor 11? Sounds fishy to me.

• Members

Hagee wants the support of Orthodox and political Jews so he does anything, including claiming Jews don't need to be born again in Christ right now, in order to gain their favor. He probably also likes the money he gets from selling things like the prayer shawl (which CBD also sells for 20-some dollars less), as more money translates into more clout and power.

(On a similar note: has anyone seen where former U.S. Representative Michele Bachmann has come under fire for saying we need to witness to Jews and get as many saved as quick as we can before Jesus returns? Today such is considered hateful, offensive, judgmental and even worse by some.)

• Members
4 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Wait, so Hagee says we need to cover our heads with the prayer shawl to have power in prayer? Does he recommend this? Because I know this is what the Jews do. Even though the Bible says that a man who has his head covered is not fit to pray or prophesy in 1Cor 11? Sounds fishy to me.

What supposedly started Hagee's quest to learn "the secret of the prayer shawl" was...

While he was in Israel, he saw a man at the Western Wall who was wearing one. The man was rocking back and forth (as you've probably seen), and tears were streaming down the man's face while he prayed. It was then that God "told him" to...

DISCOVER THE MYSTERY OF THE PRAYER SHAWL! 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, No Nicolaitans said:

What supposedly started Hagee's quest to learn "the secret of the prayer shawl" was...

While he was in Israel, he saw a man at the Western Wall who was wearing one. The man was rocking back and forth (as you've probably seen), and tears were streaming down the man's face while he prayed. It was then that God "told him" to...

DISCOVER THE MYSTERY OF THE PRAYER SHAWL! 

So, you're saying that Jewish fellow was rockin' that shawl?

I think he just saw it and thought, "Golly, I wish I looked that holy and serious about my Christianity. Must be THE SHAWL OF MYSTERY!"

• Members

Some of Hagee's "discoveries" of the mystery of the prayer shawl...

1. Moses wore one to his funeral.
  2. David wore one when he battled Goliath.
  3. Jesus wore one his entire life...from the time he was 13 until his death.
  4. The sheet that Peter saw in his dream about the unclean animals wasn't a sheet...it was a prayer shawl.
  5. Elijah's mantle that fell to Elisha was a prayer shawl.
  6. The head cloth that Jesus folded and set aside in the tomb (after his resurrection) was a prayer shawl.
  7. The woman who touched the hem of Jesus garment was touching his prayer shawl.
  8. Paul didn't make tents; he made prayer shawls.
  9. And the real whopper...the tabernacle in the wilderness was...you guessed it...a prayer shawl.

Scripture references that proves all of the above are found in...wait a minute, they're in there somewhere...ah! Here it is...well, no...that's not it. Ahem...sorry 'bout that...Okay...the scripture references that prove all of the above are found in...well...Hagee's haggling.

Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Members
2 hours ago, John81 said:

Selling a Jewish prayer shawl after discovering the mystery of the shawl probably brings far more attention and dollars than would pointing out how Mama Wesley used to pull her apron over her head for prayer time while in a house full of children.

During my discovery of Hagee's discovery of discovering the mystery of the prayer shawl, I discovered a video; in which, he wanted to thank the tens of thousands of people who had purchased a prayer shawl. At $49 a pop, that's a lot of moolah! By the way, I discovered that they're currently sold out of the combo pack...the prayer shawl and its carrying bag. You'll just have to settle for the $49 prayer shawl.

I think I've discovered the mystery of the prayer shawl...you can actually fleece tens of thousands of people into buying something like a prayer shawl.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Some of Hagee's "discoveries" of the mystery of the prayer shawl...

1. Moses wore one to his funeral.
  2. David wore one when he battled Goliath.
  3. Jesus wore one his entire life...from the time he was 13 until his death.
  4. The sheet that Peter saw in his dream about the unclean animals wasn't a sheet...it was a prayer shawl.
  5. Elijah's mantle that fell to Elisha was a prayer shawl.
  6. The head cloth that Jesus folded and set aside in the tomb (after his resurrection) was a prayer shawl.
  7. The woman who touched the hem of Jesus garment was touching his prayer shawl.
  8. Paul didn't make tents; he made prayer shawls.
  9. And the real whopper...the tabernacle in the wilderness was...you guessed it...a prayer shawl.

Scripture references that proves all of the above are found in...wait a minute, they're in there somewhere...ah! Here it is...well, no...that's not it. Ahem...sorry 'bout that...Okay...the scripture references that prove all of the above are found in...well...Hagee's haggling.

I think the references can be found in the NHRV, the New Hagee Reprobate Version.