• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hillary and the nomination

• Members

I think its interesting that Hillary's mouth says "Vote Obama" but her actions show she is hoping for a miracle in the nomination. They say she is symbolically putting her name into the nomination but that she is telling everyone to vote for Obama. There is something weird about that.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She might end up with the nomination in the end anyway since Barak Obama is being sued for not being born in the US like is the rules for someone running for president.

• Members
She might end up with the nomination in the end anyway since Barak Obama is being sued for not being born in the US like is the rules for someone running for president.

Wow, I did not know that. I know my children were born on a military installation in Okinawa Japan and we understood the only elected office they could not serve in was that of President or Vice President of the USA.

Was he born in a territory of the USA? That might have different rules.

I don't know it is my husband who knows all about it, but I am SO glad someone took him to court for it because it is ridiculous that they are trying to break the rules just to get Obama into office.

• Members
I don't know it is my husband who knows all about it' date=' but I am SO glad someone took him to court for it because it is ridiculous that they are trying to break the rules just to get Obama into office.[/quote']

True. I thought I remembered someone saying that if Arnold ran for Pres. they'd have to change the Constitution......it should be the same for Obama, if he was born on foreign soil outside the USA. I'm betting he was born in a territory and that's why they are giving it a pass.

• Members

Okay, it looks like he was born in Hawaii.......even I wouldn't challenge that one. He should not be disqualified for that.

From Wikipedia:

"Obama was born on August 4, 1961, at the Kapiolani Medical Center[4] in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Obama, Sr., a Black Kenyan of Nyang?oma Kogelo, Siaya District, Kenya, and Ann Dunham, a White American from Wichita, Kansas. His parents met while attending the University of Hawaii at Manoa, where his father was a foreign student.[5] They separated when he was two years old and later divorced.[6] Obama's father returned to Kenya and saw him only once more before dying in an automobile accident in 1982.[7] After her divorce, Dunham married Lolo Soetoro, and the family moved to Soetoro's home country of Indonesia in 1967, where Obama attended local schools in Jakarta until he was ten years old. He then returned to Honolulu to live with his maternal grandparents while attending Punahou School from the fifth grade in 1971 until his graduation from high school in 1979.[8] Obama's mother returned to Hawaii in 1972 for several years and then back to Indonesia for her fieldwork."

• Administrators

BO was born in Hawaii. McCain was born on a military base in Panama. He is a US citizen by virtue of that fact, but early on Obama supporters tried to start a whisper campaign casting doubt on McCain's US birth.

As far as Hillary...I listened to Dick Morris today, and he is still of the opinion that Hillary is not truly backing BO. He said that her speech was a healing one, so that the members of the party (basically the black people) would forgive her racist statements during the primaries.

Morris said that Hillary has to toe the line to appear loyal...to make Barack look bad because people will wonder why on earth he didn't put her on the ticket, when she so obviously deserves it. And then he said it is Bill Clinton's job to diss BO - and that he has already been dropping comments in Denver accordingly. His speech is tonight. We'll see what he says.

The prognostication is that BO will get a bump from his speech but that the bump will evaporate pretty quickly because of McCain naming his running mate and then the Rep convention.

• Members

I thought Hillary's speech last night was perfectly crafted. I mean, kudos to the Clinton political team, they are still a force to be reckoned with.

For Obama supporters they will see it as an endorsement. For non-democrats, they saw it as a backhanded attempt to say what she HAD to say. For Clinton supporters... it left enough doubt that half of them will still be unsure as who to vote for.

A very well crafted speech, politically speaking.

Tonight will be telling with Bill Clinton's speech.

Did you see Bill Clinton's little backhanded poke at Obama in a recent interview?

• Administrators
She released her delegates already. She doesn't have a chance.

Oh, she knows she didn't stand a chance this year...she has her sights set on 2012. If BO wins, she won't be able to run then, because he will, as incimbent ( :gross: ). If McCain wins, she will be able to run...

She released her delegates, yes...but many of them are going to vote for her anyway.

Hillary's speach was full of emotionalism, IMO. Ya, gotta hand it to the girl. However, one thing was puzzling to me. Did anyone catch her opening statement? I am a proud mother, a proud Democrat, a proud American...etc. Yet she never mentioned a proud wife? I would think that would come first. :eek Anyway, they showed Bill's face thoughout the beginning of her speech, and after that...he wasn't seen any more. Well, I turned off the last part...b/c I couldn't take all the hype, anymore. She is a windbag, IMO. Can she possibly talk any longer than her husband, William Jefferson? I mean...c'mon, this wasn't a "State of the Union Address" or anything. :hide

• Members

Oh I'm quite sure she wants it in 2012 and it looks like she'll stand a good chance of being able to run. I think McCain will have it pretty easily and then we'll be ushering in a new era...one of liberal Republicans who have realized that they don't need the "far right" to win, McCain leading the way for a change of face for the Republican party, and Democratic rule after McCain messes things up. The best thing that we can do for the long-term is vote for a real conservative in November.