• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hillary and the nomination

• Members
Hey, I hear you and I totally understand that God sets up kings and those in national authority. I do my part to be a good citizen and I do exercise my right to cast a ballot for the better candidate in light of God's Word........I didn't volunteer and serve for 10 1/2 years in our nations military to insure our freedom to cast a ballot to not do so.

With that said, I will say that we in America have caused a self-fulfilling prophecy. We have put forth that "all politicians" are corrupt or ungodly; then removed ourselves from those offices and left things up to the corrupt and ungodly. Not everyone is called to be a preacher, pastor or evangelism; there are those who are gifted and stand on the Word of God that could and should run for office to be a servant to do the right things for their neighbor and to be a testimony for God.

While God holds the king's heart in his hands; I've noticed many times throughout the Scriptures that God has also used people of God in those "king's" nations in very prominent ways. Some were men and others women. I believe that God does allow us to be involved in running our government and there is nothing wrong with that.

But see that just furthers my examples for calls by Christians to NOT excuse our servants because... "well it's politics". Many of our politicians started off as good Godly people, but because we've compromised with the idea of "our party" we don't hold them responsible with our votes, if they fail morally because we are worried about things like "upsetting the balance of congress" etc. We vote for the "lesser of two evils".

I am all for Christians running for office, especially locally, but that starts by Christians NOT compromising and by them saying... We WILL NOT vote for this corruption because it's "viable". We will vote for the most godly individual running. Even if they "don't have a chance".

We aren't willing to do that because we don't have the faith.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

But see that just furthers my examples for calls by Christians to NOT excuse our servants because... "well it's politics". Many of our politicians started off as good Godly people, but because we've compromised with the idea of "our party" we don't hold them responsible with our votes, if they fail morally because we are worried about things like "upsetting the balance of congress" etc. We vote for the "lesser of two evils".

I am all for Christians running for office, especially locally, but that starts by Christians NOT compromising and by them saying... We WILL NOT vote for this corruption because it's "viable". We will vote for the most godly individual running. Even if they "don't have a chance".

We aren't willing to do that because we don't have the faith.

I'm not arguing to excuse anyone. I believe they should be held accountable; in our form of government there legally established ways to hold them accountable. I don't see a contradiction in participating in the process while praying and depending on the Lord God for the outcome and for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. While anticipating that, we are to carry on the way God has prescribed in his Word and to spread the Gospel.