• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hillary and the nomination

I dunno' date=' there are more Obama stickers in our area than anyone else...he will win here I'm sure.[/quote']

WOW! We don't like him in Cleveland. HC won the state of OH...as you know. The Democrats are talking about voting for McCain. We'll see...

Although...HC did announce the 2 deaths 2 night's ago. She made a big deal out of her old friend...Stephanie Tubbs Jones. She was a Cleveland gal. I honestly don't know, now. :puzzled: It will probably be a "toss of the coin" here. People are very unsure...they actually say, "join the club" around here. LOL.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Actually as Christian we have the freedom to refrain from speaking. You may find it humorous but I can guarantee you that a large percentage of the population wouldn't. The same way you wouldn't if they were talking about your pastor. You have the "right" to many things, but never get confused with the fact that you have the right to do it, as being that it's right to do.

Women have the right to an abortion also... but what does God say about it?

Besides, my main point was that we give sympathy to the ungodly when we mock them. Think about how many people feel sorry for anyone who godhatesfags goes to protest...

• Members

Alright, I am just going to limit myself from too many political posts because I am fed up with the state of politics/religion and their ties.

I probably have been too serious (although I don't like the name calling as I've stated) so I will be the new ZYG with 80% less politics.

• Members

I really don't understand where you are getting at with religion/politics actually...maybe our church just isn't one of the ones you are referring to.

I see them as fairly seperate actually, which is why I might be voting for McCain (depending on VP pick, haven't yet decided) in order to avoid Obama...because I'm not voting for a religious institution or a church, I'm trying to use my vote to keep as much freedom in this country as possible. Given the choices, there isn't a whole lot of hope, but Obama will have our freedoms gone within four years and at least the alternative should be more gradual.

Besides' date=' my main point was that we give sympathy to the ungodly when we mock them. Think about how many people feel sorry for anyone who godhatesfags goes to protest...[/quote']

:goodpost::amen: I 100% agree with that one, ZYG. :thumb

They need to be drawn to Christ Not pushed away from Him. Yes! :smile

I probably have been too serious (although I don't like the name calling as I've stated) so I will be the new ZYG with 80% less politics.

LOL. I don't like politics, either. I think it is b/c my party deserted me, too. :sad I know what you mean, ZYG, but...I laugh in the face of danger...what can I say? :bonK:

I know exactly what you are saying...kita. I wish that LuAnne was on here today, b/c she keeps me in line with politics. The USA ship is sinking, quickly. :sad

• Members
I really don't understand where you are getting at with religion/politics actually...maybe our church just isn't one of the ones you are referring to.

I see them as fairly seperate actually, which is why I might be voting for McCain (depending on VP pick, haven't yet decided) in order to avoid Obama...because I'm not voting for a religious institution or a church, I'm trying to use my vote to keep as much freedom in this country as possible. Given the choices, there isn't a whole lot of hope, but Obama will have our freedoms gone within four years and at least the alternative should be more gradual.

So how many people in your church will be voting for Obama, or a third party?

• Members

So how many people in your church will be voting for Obama, or a third party?

I have absolutely no clue. I don't see your point...? My husband does not use the pulpit as a political outlet, if that is what you are getting at. Anyway...for those who are tax free, its illegal.

What ARE you getting at???

• Members

I have absolutely no clue. I don't see your point...? My husband does not use the pulpit as a political outlet, if that is what you are getting at. Anyway...for those who are tax free, its illegal.

What ARE you getting at???
You said that you don't see any connection with religion and politics in America. I am glad your husband doesn't use the pulpit to push a candidate. I've been pretty clear and consistent as to what I am "getting at". In fact I've said it bluntly as possible. The ungodly marriage of churches and the republican party is wrong.

The idea that they are going to save us is wrong.

The idea that we can only have our freedom preserved by the republicans is wrong.

We need to vote righteously. If that means that someone believes that voting for McCain is righteous so be it, but that's not what I hear. I hear he's the lesser of two evils, there is no other option, etc. and yet that's not true almost every state has the opportunity to write in votes and most every state will have third party candidates... some of which line up far closer to biblical teaching than John McCain does.

Further more, I am on a pastor's sermon sharing list. If you would post something supporting Obama, or another candidate, you would more than likely get thrown off it, and yet there is all kinds of innuendo of Barack Obama being the AntiChrist, to him taking off the American flag on his plane, to him being a muslim and not a U.S. citizen that gets passed along that list. Even though the list rules clearly state that it's for sermons only. I KNOW it's happening in a vast majority of churches.

Even furthermore, I've been involved in IFB churches my whole life and with fellowship with many other pastors and many of them think that the GOP, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are the second trinity. Sure they don't agree with everything, but you never hear them preach against the party. In even the "liberal" New Evangelical churches there is a huge link between the Republicans and the church. Think about focus on the family, AMA and their political alignments. It would be different if it was simply scriptural teaching on issues, but it goes into endorsements (real or implied).

And we propagate the lie that the only way we will be saved is if our party gets into the Presidents seat. But the truth is "our party" has had control of the seat for 20 out of the last 28 years and yet we haven't been saved yet.

Salvation is of the Lord, let's vote righteous and believe that he will deliver us.

• Administrators

I remember when Reagan was running - so many Christians really did look to him to save our country. I heard more than once (not from any preacher) that if he didn't get in, our country would be doomed. Well, he got in and some things went well, others didn't.

No party is the salvation of the country...but there are some in office or running who could do major damage! And have done so.

Just for the record, I know of more than one person in our church who will be voting third party or not at all - for more than just president! We voted third party for governor last time. This time I don't know of a third party candidate, so we may just not vote for governor...because either Dem or Rep will do almost the same thing to the state.

RE: Obama's citizenship. A person can verbally renounce their citizenship, but it takes a legal process to remove one from the rolls. If his mom listed him as a citizen of Indonesia, that doesn't make him so. If he truly was born in Hawaii, he is a citizen - regardless of what his mother did or said (which is why so many Mexican mothers want their babies born here....). But, this country allows dual citizenship. Nowadays, once you reach the age of 18, you must declare which country, but when Obama reached 18, as far as I know (I say as far as I know, because he is a little younger than me, and when I was a teen, it was still legal), it was still legal to be a dual citizen. He holds citizenship in Kenya, also, (because of his father) which is another country that allows dual citizenship. I truly believe that if he weren't a bona fide citizen, the Clinton campaign would have found it and used it...unless they found out just recently and will use it to destroy his campaign and allow McCain to get in.

• Members

Looks like McCain may be picking a female VP...smart....it will take some of Hillary's previous votes, I'm sure that's the idea.

If the VP is pro life I will vote for McCain. If not, I won't be able to.

Looks like McCain may be picking a female VP...smart....it will take some of Hillary's previous votes, I'm sure that's the idea.

If the VP is pro life I will vote for McCain. If not, I won't be able to.

I believe that he has 2 or 3 women on his list. Maybe...2? I know that they are conservatives, though. I think they are all pro-life...if I am not mistaken. I can't remember the sight where I saw his list of VP's. :ooops

Yeah, that is smart. :thumb