• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hillary and the nomination

• Members
The best thing that we can do for the long-term is vote for a real conservative in November.

This November?

Now tell me how a handful of people voting for a "real conservative" is going to be good for the long term?

I understand nobody cares for McCain including myself, but I fail to see how grass roots efforts are really going to salvage THIS election. We need to start looking at and working towards the NEXT one.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There won't be a "next time". We are at the end of conservative rule in America. Whether it's the response of the nation to the foolishness of the Republican controlled congress and GWB's inability to reign in spending and total caving to the corporations on things like Bankruptcy reform, removing the leashes on predatory lending and totally disregarding things like immigration and failure to close our borders... causing people to vote for Obama for "change" or whether people are afraid of Obama's foreign policy and the threat of terrorism and go with McCain. Either, or, it's the end in many respects. There won't be grass roots because too many "conservatives (so called)" are afraid to vote against their party... every election will be too close to allow such ideals. There is no longer voting FOR someone of like mind in America, there is only voting AGAINST someone. The lesser of two evils will loom bigger and bigger and the churches and pastor will keep up pushing the party line and preaching the party politics from the pulpit. I was in a church recently where the Pastor passed on the little email memo about how Obama was unfit for the presidency because he removed the stylized flag from the plane that he rented from United Airlines when he had his plane repainted. Of course he didn't mention that it was the logo of the company and that there is indeed an American flag painted on the plane... why? Because the email didn't say that or he has an agenda. Simple Bible preaching will illustrate how we should vote, but it's hard to preach against "your" candidate.

It's SICK SICK SICK how dependent the churches in America are on the republican party to save them. Even sicker are the churches that are so far gone that they endorse people who endorse abortion... but don't worry, the republican's are moving that way too.

There are incredibly hard economic times on the horizon and the smoke and mirrors currently covering the banking industry will begin to clear and we will see how deeply fractured our economic situation is. WHOEVER the next President is, in my opinion won't matter all that much in the long term, because there are big changes coming... all in the name of "safety" "stability" and "saving our nation".

And the constitution will be trampled to preserve the Union, just as it has been in the past. Because self-preservation has become more important than life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Liberty is too dangerous and unstable for most Americans.

Singed... I have no party, because my party left me....

Bob

• Members

As far as Hillary and 2012...

MOST of the time senators don't run during a reelection year because you have to give up your seat if you lose. 2012 is a reelection year for H. Clinton.

That's why you see so many 2 and 4 year senators come out of the woodwork and run for president (or 8th year and 10th year)

• Members

I do agree with you about the nation in the long run...very true... I was just basically saying that technically voting for a third party or a write in doesn't do this election any good in the long run.

• Members
Neither did voting against the party for the two spies... but they were right at least.

Hmmm.

Well I rather doubt being the only one of 150 people voting for some unknown person is going to save me the misery of being under Barak Obama, although the two spies were the only ones spared the wilderness. :smug: :lol:

• Members

Hmmm.

Well I rather doubt being the only one of 150 people voting for some unknown person is going to save me the misery of being under Barak Obama, although the two spies were the only ones spared the wilderness. :smug::lol:

So John McCain can spare you but God can't?

You'd be amazed the list of Christians that prospered under the hands of wicked rulers... in fact, there seems to be a pattern of it.

• Members

Actually, I was pointing out that letting Obama win this one and voting for a real conservative is going to be better for us in the long run. It will show the GOP that they've got to reach out to conservatives and come back to their conservative base if they hope to get the White House and it will keep McCain from reshaping the face of the party. The only reason there is no strong third party and no message ever sent is because everybody thinks it's useless. If everyone voted according to their conscience, we might actually see a viable third party come up. If the GOP keeps up this stuff and keeps turning out GWB politicians, I'll consider switching party membership to the Libertarian party. I'm getting a little fed up with them and their liberal politics.

Also, I know what you mean Zeal. I've seen a pastor telling the churchmembers to make sure they get out and vote in November despite the candidate to keep greater evil from getting in. I think that's very wrong.

Hi zealyouthguy. :smile I agree 100% with everything that you said. I don't have a "party" anymore, either. But, I am in a bind...being a Christian woman. I dunno, I dunno? God will speak to my heart on this matter, I know He will.

Your posts were "right on the money" IMO.

You'd be amazed the list of Christians that prospered under the hands of wicked rulers... in fact' date=' there seems to be a pattern of it.[/quote']

Well said, and this is the truth! The Bible, in fact, is filled with this type of pattern. :thumb

I asked my husband about the court case to do with Barak O'bummer...

He gave up his US citizenship voluntarily when he took on citizenship elsewhere...so he's not a citizen anymore.

• Members

He gave up his US citizenship voluntarily when he took on citizenship elsewhere...so he's not a citizen anymore.

Not being mean, but I don't see how that can possibly be true or it would be plastered all over the news....

I remember they wanted to have Schwartznegger (sp?) run for Prez but he didn't fit the qualifications of citizenship right? So he didn't...or something or somebody like that. I thought they pretty much followed the rules. Did you get that from a reputable source, or a private news source?

I guess you actually believe the TV to be a "reputable source"...

Here is the article, decide for yourself, but I for one don't believe anything the people on TV tell me. They want Obama as president and will cover up anything to get him.

THURSDAY, AUGUST 21, 2008

Obama Sued in Philadelphia Federal Court on Grounds he is Constitutionally Ineligible for the Presidency

by Jeff Schreiber
America's Right.com

A prominent Philadelphia attorney and Hillary Clinton supporter filed suit this afternoon in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania against Illinois Sen. Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee.

The action seeks an injunction preventing the senator from continuing his candidacy and a court order enjoining the DNC from nominating him next week, all on grounds that Sen. Obama is constitutionally ineligible to run for and hold the office of President of the United States.

Phillip Berg, the filing attorney, is a former gubernatorial and senatorial candidate, former chair of the Democratic Party in Montgomery (PA) County, former member of the Democratic State Committee, and former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania. According to Berg, he filed the suit--just days before the DNC is to hold its nominating convention in Denver--for the health of the Democratic Party.

"I filed this action at this time," Berg stated, "to avoid the obvious problems that will occur when the Republican Party raises these issues after Obama is nominated.".

Berg cited a number of unanswered questions regarding the Illinois senator's background, and in today's lawsuit maintained that Sen. Obama is not a naturalized U.S. citizen or that, if he ever was, he lost his citizenship when he was adopted in Indonesia. Berg also cites what he calls "dual loyalties" due to his citizenship and ties with Kenya and Indonesia.

Even if Sen. Obama can prove his U.S. citizenship, Berg stated, citing the senator's use of a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii verified as a forgery by three independent document forensic experts, the issue of "multi-citizenship with responsibilities owed to and allegiance to other countries" remains on the table.

In the lawsuit, Berg states that Sen. Obama was born in Kenya, and not in Hawaii as the senator maintains. Before giving birth, according to the lawsuit, Obama's mother traveled to Kenya with his father but was prevented from flying back to Hawaii because of the late stage of her pregnancy, "apparently a normal restriction to avoid births during a flight."

As Sen. Obama's own paternal grandmother, half-brother and half-sister have also claimed, Berg maintains that Stanley Ann Dunham--Obama's mother--gave birth to little Barack in Kenya and subsequently flew to Hawaii to register the birth.

Berg cites inconsistent accounts of Sen. Obama's birth, including reports that he was born at two separate hospitals--Kapiolani Hospital and Queens Hospital--in Honolulu, as well a profound lack of birthing records for Stanley Ann Dunham, though simple "registry of birth" records for Barack Obama are available in a Hawaiian public records office.

Should Sen. Obama truly have been born in Kenya, Berg writes, the laws on the books at the time of his birth hold that U.S. citizenship may only pass to a child born overseas to a U.S. citizen parent and non-citizen parent if the former was at least 19 years of age. Sen. Obama's mother was only 18 at the time. Therefore, because U.S. citizenship could not legally be passed on to him, Obama could not be registered as a "natural born" citizen and would therefore be ineligible to seek the presidency pursuant to Article II, Section 1 of the United States Constitution.

Moreover, even if Sen. Obama could have somehow been deemed "natural born," that citizenship was lost in or around 1967 when he and his mother took up residency in Indonesia, where Stanley Ann Dunham married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian citizen. Berg also states that he possesses copies of Sen. Obama's registration to Fransiskus Assisi School In Jakarta, Indonesia which clearly show that he was registered under the name "Barry Soetoro" and his citizenship listed as Indonesian.

The Hawaiian birth certificate, Berg says, is a forgery. In the suit, the attorney states that the birth certificate on record is a forgery, has been identified as such by three independent document forensic experts, and actually belonged to Maya Kasandra Soetoro, Sen. Obama's half-sister.

"Voters donated money, goods and services to elect a nominee and were defrauded by Sen. Obama's lies and obfuscations," Berg stated. "If the DNC officers ... had performed one ounce of due diligence we would not find ourselves in this emergency predicament, one week away from making a person the nominee who has lost their citizenship as a child and failed to even perform the basic steps of regaining citizenship as prescribed by constitutional laws."

"It is unfair to the country," he continued, "for candidates of either party to become the nominee when there is any question of the ability to serve if elected."

• Members

You know, I can't stand when people use names like "Shrub" "Baby Bush" "King George", etc. to describe President Bush. I also can't stand when people do it with Hillary and call her Hitlerary. And I can't obide it with Obama either. These people are all in positions of authority and deserve a modicum of respect if for nothing else than that we respect God the father who allowed them to come to these positions.

The court case that is being ballyhooed, was started by a democrat, to eliminate the claims later during the election. We should fight the man based on his policies, voting record and his historical lies, people he has associated with in the past.

Proverbs 24:17-18 17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: 18 Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.
I think that if the oppression and attacks of man against another man can turn God's heart, then it can definitely turn other men's heart.

When I hear baseless attacks and rhetoric slung around from either side, all it does is set the other side at even greater odds with each other.

• Members

I do not watch tv. Especially not the news.

But if Obama was not a naturalized US citizen, believe me, it would be McCain's first tactic against him, and it has not been. Therefore it cannot be true.

You don't have to believe the article, but I am going to wait and see what happens. We might all be surprised to see Hillary as the nominee after all.