• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

heavy hearted

• Members

There was a lady in June who came to our church one Sunday morning.  She had been walking down the road and said she felt compelled to come inside.  At first she just sat down on the steps outside, but the compulsion was so strong she finally did go inside.  At the end of service she went forward.  My husband and I were not there as we were away because of his monthly military commitment.  The next day our tent meetings began and she came, testified and went forward again.  However, she didn't come back any of the following evenings, and she never came back to the church.  The Lord placed a burden on my heart for her and I was mailing her regularly, sending her devotionals and other encouraging items.  Last night in church we learned that she died from an overdose.  I suspect the reason she never came back was because the drugs had such a hold on her.  She leaves behind a 7 year old daughter whose future is uncertain right now.  I am deeply saddened, and very concerned for the daughter.

• Members

Thank you very much for letting us know of this situation. John81 may have the correct perspective on this situation. Quite possibly she trusted in the Lord just in time: like the thief on the cross. And, maybe the child can be reached for the Lord and given a new opportunity in life.

• Members

Thank you very much for letting us know of this situation. John81 may have the correct perspective on this situation. Quite possibly she trusted in the Lord just in time: like the thief on the cross. And, maybe the child can be reached for the Lord and given a new opportunity in life.

I hope and pray that is the case.  Maybe this will be what it takes to get Cierra's parents in church and bring their granddaughter.  I feel moved to reach out to her, am praying for guidance.