• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whale fossil recently found on a mountain in Califorinia...and the spin begins.

• Members

A whale fossil was discovered on a mountain in California on September 4...

The fact that a whale fossil was found on a mountain isn't necessarily the focus of the article; they focus on HOW it got there. The article opens by explaining how it got there, and it closes by (once again) explaining how it got there.

Link to article --> Evolutionary article that spins one whale of a tale!

This makes much more sense to me and is a better explanation...

Genesis 7:20
Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

• Members

Not a big mystery Bro.  

The whale was carried to the mountains by one of the 450 tall giants in the book of Enoch.  There, a storm arose, and the giant went looking for shelter, forgetting where he lefy that whale.  RoFL

sounds as plausible as any fairy tale scientists can concoct.

• Moderators

Yes I read the article, and it did really seem they were pushing the whole "tectonic plate movement and earthquakes' theory of how an almost completely intact whale skeleton got to the top of a mountain. I would think all that movement would spread the bones all over the place before it reached to mountain top. But of course, we know where evolution is, there is magic to overcome all things. Somehow natural processes cause magical impossibilities to occur.

• Members

It's obvious by the approach of such as these their intent isn't true scientific discovery, they care not for searching out facts and seeking truth, their only concern is for protecting their idol of evolution by any twisted means they can come up with.

There are many programs on certain TV channels which deal with creation (of course they don't call it that!) which could be so good if they wouldn't continually promote evolution throughout each program. Some even go so far as to point out what the Bible says and then mock it as they discount the Bible and tell us what science has "discovered" as if that's beyond doubt or question.

• Moderators

Indeed, John-They see: Whale fossil on mountain. They immediately think, 'How can we explain how it got here by purely natural means?' There is no consideration of any other possibility. Of course, I'd say that's the same with a dyed in the wool creationist as well. we see the fossils and say "Flood, probably". BUt many scientists became creationists because they saw how silly many of their ideas were, how impossible by evolutionary and naturalistic means things could be as they are, and saw a perfect fit in the biblical account. 

• Members

Something they like to omit from the narrative is that fossilization, especially in a marine environment, requires rapid burial. I never see anyone try to explain how a whale was buried at all, much less rapidly, since they float upon death, without something like a catastrophic flood. It's laughable how many facts have to be ignored to make the evolution story work.

• Moderators

Something they like to omit from the narrative is that fossilization, especially in a marine environment, requires rapid burial. I never see anyone try to explain how a whale was buried at all, much less rapidly, since they float upon death, without something like a catastrophic flood. It's laughable how many facts have to be ignored to make the evolution story work.

I actually tried an experiment in fossilization, as I have heard, under the rich conditions, it doesn't really take too long.

About 7 years back I had a big goat buck die suddenly. So I quickly dig a hole right where he was and poured a bunch of water into it, so it was all mud. And we have a lot of minerals in our soil, which will help. The I pushed the buck in so he was in the mud, then poured water, sand and mud over him for a few feet, so he was completely encased in mud for a couple feet, then buried him the rest of the way. I did this in the buck pen so the other bucks could walk over the spot and really pack it down. Now, we wait. I haven't decided how long I need to wait, but eventually I will dig him up and see if any fossilization occurred.

• Members

I actually tried an experiment in fossilization, as I have heard, under the rich conditions, it doesn't really take too long.

About 7 years back I had a big goat buck die suddenly. So I quickly dig a hole right where he was and poured a bunch of water into it, so it was all mud. And we have a lot of minerals in our soil, which will help. The I pushed the buck in so he was in the mud, then poured water, sand and mud over him for a few feet, so he was completely encased in mud for a couple feet, then buried him the rest of the way. I did this in the buck pen so the other bucks could walk over the spot and really pack it down. Now, we wait. I haven't decided how long I need to wait, but eventually I will dig him up and see if any fossilization occurred.

Could be as little as a few months or as many as 50 years depending on how long it stays submerged in water and the mineral content. But if a teddy bear and hat can be calcified (i.e. made into fossils) in our lifetime, I'm sure your goat is a great candidate to stump evolutionists soon.

http://creation.com/the-amazing-stone-bears-of-yorkshire

http://creation.com/fossil-hat