• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Question about Salvation of a person who is very ill.

Jeny

• Members

Question:

As some of you know, my father is in a critical condition right now because of diabetes. Me, my sister, Pastors and Bible students in our church shared to him the gospel many times in the hospital. In some of the questions about salvation, faith, repentance, he just answered a short reply of 'yes'. There was one time, I heard him said that Christ is his hope.

My question is: Can we know if he is truly saved though he cannot show it anymore bec he is in his death bed? Can we know if he truly accept and believe in Christ if his profession of faith is not the same like us healthy people? Most of his answer is just plain and short "yes". Any thoughts on this?

His hearing and  thoughts most of the time are still very clear and sharp. Though sometimes he sound confused and out of his mind bec of the medicines that he is taking but most of the time, his thoughts and hearings are okay. Please continue to pray for him.

Thank you.

Jenjen

• Members

I don't know if we could know for sure but it might be possible if a person knows him well enough they may be able to get a sense of whether or not there seems to be evidence (or not) of salvation. Myself, I would pray for the Lord to help me be able to discern whether he is saved or not. Naturally our hope is that he's been born again but is unable to communicate or clearly show that due to his condition.

When my Mom reached the end she became mostly out of it, only able to communicate minimally, and then not at all right before she passed. I can't say with 100% certainty my Mom was saved but I think she was and absolutely hope she was.

Keeping your dad, you and family in prayer.

• Members

Hi Jenjen,  It sure would be reassuring if he can articulate back to you what it means to be saved.  But if not, you'll have to take his word for it and trust that he accepted the work of the Holy Spirit.

In February of this year, one of my uncles went home to be with the Lord.  This was a man of low moral character who hated the things of God and even cursed me for sharing the gospel with him.  But I and others persisted and while driving down to see him in the hospital, his body gave up the ghost.  Upon my arrival, a christian man came out of his room and recounted to us that his last words were to accept Christ as Lord and Savior.  How glorious a miracle!

John Newton mentioned how when we get to heaven we'll not see some people we expected to be there and see some people we never thought would make it!

Just days ago, another uncle passed away and went on to is reward, having spent a lifetime living like the devil and never having made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

My papa died yesterday afternoon due to complications of diabetes. God has been very merciful because even up to the last minute of his life, God sent missionaries in the hospital to be able to share the gospel to him. I am not sure if he could still hear it but the whole family was very comforted. Some bible students and one of our Pastors was also present during his passing which makes things a little bit easy for us to accept. His heart stop while he was sleeping, not much physical struggle. Praise the Lord!

Thank you all for your prayers. God bless you.

Edited by Jeny

• Members

"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort." 2 Corinthians 1:3

Jeny, May the Father of Mercies give you and your family comfort in your time of sorrow.

Alan