• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

After the Tribulation

• Members

Those interested in Bible prophecy must see this. It exposes the pretrib rapture for the fraud that it is. The bible is clear, the Day of the Lord is the 2nd coming/Rapture....and it all occurs after the tribulation (Matt 24:29). Pretribbers have no clear bible verses saying it happens before the tribulation. This lie has been made mainstream by the zionist funded commentary of CI Scoefield, which has also confused christians on who is the seed of Abraham. You will learn that wrath and tribulation are 2 different things. Christians aren't appointed to wrath, but throughout the bible we are appointed to tribulation. Open your mind, take off the blinding pretrib glasses and feel a renewed faith in the bible as you begin to understand the book of revelation. You will learn that it is in chronological order. Ch. 1-11 and Ch. 12-22. Throughout the bible the events always go tribulation, Rapture, Wrath.

book_of_revelation_chart.jpg

• Moderators

Okay, let's try this ONE LAST TIME.

You want to fellowship, discuss, etc? Start in the intro area and give your testimony of salvation.

I think there is probably a discussion on this that's not locked (if you want to comment on it [after reading it] and can't find it, ask and someone can probably find it for you).

You want to come right out of the blocks with "setting everyone straight", your stay is extremely limited in time. Got it?

Is this in retaliation to a pre-wrath position? Nope, it will be the consequences of your approach and attitude if you persist. BTW, FWIW -- one of our mods is pre-wrath (be sure to mention that if you get banned and decide to tirade elsewhere about your treatment here.)

• Members

1 Thessalonians 5:9 (KJV)
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

I take comfort in the fact that, as a saved and sealed Believer in Jesus Christ, I will not be here when God's wrath is poured out on mankind.  Yes, Jesus does say we will have tribulation in the Gospel of John, chapter sixteen.  However, He clearly identifies that tribulation to be coming from the world,... not from God.

When God's wrath is poured out on this Earth, we are told that there will be no place to hide.  Both bond and free will cry out for the mountains to hide them from God's wrath, yet they shall not escape.  This means that everyone will experience God's wrath, no exceptions.  Yet, once again, I take comfort in the fact that, as a saved and sealed Believer in Jesus Christ, I will not be here when God's wrath will be poured out on mankind.

He has assured me of this in His Word.  I rest in Him.  He is faithful who promised.  I may see tribulation in this world, but I will not see this world as it goes through God's wrath.

• Members

1 Thessalonians 5:9 (KJV)
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

I take comfort in the fact that, as a saved and sealed Believer in Jesus Christ, I will not be here when God's wrath is poured out on mankind.  Yes, Jesus does say we will have tribulation in the Gospel of John, chapter sixteen.  However, He clearly identifies that tribulation to be coming from the world,... not from God.

When God's wrath is poured out on this Earth, we are told that there will be no place to hide.  Both bond and free will cry out for the mountains to hide them from God's wrath, yet they shall not escape.  This means that everyone will experience God's wrath, no exceptions.  Yet, once again, I take comfort in the fact that, as a saved and sealed Believer in Jesus Christ, I will not be here when God's wrath will be poured out on mankind.

He has assured me of this in His Word.  I rest in Him.  He is faithful who promised.  I may see tribulation in this world, but I will not see this world as it goes through God's wrath.

Since the OP separates, or differentiates tribulation from wrath, does this reply really address their premise?

• Members

The entire 7 year period of tribulation (aka Daniel's 70th week--Dainiel 9:24-27 and Time of Jacob's Trouble) is GOD'S WRATH.  Who is opening the seal judgments in Revelation 6---man or God? 

Revelation 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

The last two verses of Revelation 6 define the very beginning of this period as GOD'S  (the Lamb's) WRATH.

Revelation 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Revelation 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

The trials and tribulations Christians go through IN THIS WORLD are not the same as God's wrath during the Time of Jacob's Trouble.  This period of 7 years (Daniel's 70th Week) does not include the Church. 

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

• Members

Since God's wrath will be poured out during the seven year tribulation period, (the greater wrath during the last half) I believe it does address it.

It is clear that the OP has a post-trib, post-wrath view.

I understand your point, but given he's saying Christians will go through tribulation but not wrath, your response didn't cover that.

Some contend (I don't know if this person does or not) that Christian will go through the tribulation but be spared the effects of God's wrath as Israel was when God poured His wrath out upon Egypt. Some also point to the similarities between the plagues against Egypt and some of those mentioned in Revelation.

I'm not arguing the merit of your post, only whether it clearly addresses the OP's specific premise.

• Members

The OP stand is that of pre wrath it appears from his little chart. The chart shows a 3.5 year Rapture.

Sadly all the research and eloquence in the world won't erase the simple facts of Matthew 24 and repeated in Luke:

36, But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
    37, But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
    38, For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
    39, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
    40, Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
    41, Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
    42, Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
    43, But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
    44, Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

All saved will know when the Great Tribulation begins and would certainly know the Seals so any thoughts of a rapture mid or post is just not "how can I say kindly" intelligent.

I don't care what big shot wrote what book. The big shots should be serving God in their local church. It just may be them who are supposed to lead the last few to the Lord before any of this will occur anyway and what are they doing? This?

Edited by wretched

• Members

There have been some in the past, and are some today who speculate if this or that going on is a part of God's wrath. They question which one from Revelation such might be.

Some effected by the New Madrid earthquakes in 1811-1812 thought the wrath of God was being poured out. Similar speculation from some during the "year without summer" in 1816. Those impacted greatly by the American Civil War, WWI, Great Depression, WWII.

During these and countless other times there have been those declaring the rapture has to happen very soon now, or this has to be the wrath of God being poured out.

Too much speculation in this area, too little actual living for Christ.

• Members

Those interested in Bible prophecy must see this. It exposes the pretrib rapture for the fraud that it is. The bible is clear, the Day of the Lord is the 2nd coming/Rapture....and it all occurs after the tribulation (Matt 24:29). Pretribbers have no clear bible verses saying it happens before the tribulation. This lie has been made mainstream by the zionist funded commentary of CI Scoefield, which has also confused christians on who is the seed of Abraham.

Could you please elaborate on  why you said that the C.I. Scofield was a Zionist Funded Commentary. Please give specific reasons and references.

Alan

• Members

"The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness." Proverbs 15:14

Your statement concerning C.I. Scofield and a Zionist funded commentary was vague, ambiguous and tended to make the casual reader think you are anti-Semitic.

In order to have full understanding, and seek knowledge in your posting we need more information concerning your posting. Could you please answer my above post, and the following two questions, with clear, precise and referenced answers. These three questions are important to understand your posting and reasoning.

1. Are you referring to the C. I. Scofield Reference Bible as a Zionist funded commentary?

2. Is anything financed by a Jew, or a Zionist organization, inherently bad? or evil? or unscriptual?

3. Please define, "Zionist."

Please give appropriate scriptual answers and specific, clear answers with references that can be checked and verified.

Alan

Edited by Alan
sentence clarification

• Members

Brethren,

I just finished watching the movie that Matthew 24 posted. The one hour and 53 miniutes of the movie was actully one hour and 53 minutes listening to  the hereitic Steven Anderson lambasting those who believe in a pre-tribulation rapture.

The movie is not a movie; it is a series of sermons and  lectures by Pastor Steven anderson and his co-host Pastor Roger Jimenez. On occasion they have brother Kent Hovind. What respect that I had for Kent Hovind is totally gone. I feel sorry for kent. 

Also I listened to the anti-Semitic rant of Pastor Anderson on another audio clip that is on his website. Pastor Anderson is anti-semitic to the core.

The lecture / movie is a series of twisted logic and interpretation  derived from Matthew 24 and Revelation. Andersons interpretation of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and  2 Thessalonians chapter 2 is also pathetic and a waste of time.

During the entire video he completely ignores all of the Old Testament references to the time of, "Jacoob's Trouble," or, "The 7 year Tribulation period," and totally ignores the promises of God pertaining to the Jews in the time of, "Jacob's trouble." Also, it is very obvious that Pastor Anderson belives in, "Replacement theology," and that the nation of Israel in not, I repeat, not the "elect," nor or ever will be.

Although Anderson slanders Darby and Scofield he praises Luther and Calvin. "Birds of a feather flock together."

His hatred, yes hatred, of the pre-tribulation rapture is evident throughout the entire video.

Besides making snide remarks, slandering, and belittling those who believe in a pre-tribulation rapture here are a few cholce words that he gave to those brethren who believe in a pre-tribulation rapture:

1. Anderson says the pre-tribulation rapture is a False Doctrine.

2. Based on Tradtion (Darby and Scofield). Not on the Bible.

3. The pre-tribulation rapture is, and I quote Andersons own words, "A fairy tale."

4. Anderson plainly says that those who believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, "Do not believe the Bible."

5. Anderson plainly says that those who believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, "Have no heart for God."

6. Anderson plainly says that those who believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, "Are brainwashed."

Also, Anderson plainly states that those mistaken brethren who believe in the pre-tribulation rapture are comparable to the Muslims, Buddhists, the Dali lama, and the Jews. In fact, Anderson says that those who believe in the pre-tribulation rapture will receive the anti-christ as Jesus coming again.

In my estimation Pastor Anderson is anti-Semitic, cannot rightly divide the scriptures, a false teacher, and is causing harm to the independent Baptist fundamental movement.

Alan

:goodpost:  Amen Bro. Alan!   The sequel to this documentary, Marching To Zion, is more of the same anti-semitic rhetoric as After The Tribulation.  It would be a waste of time to watch it.

• Members

Already knowing of Anderson I didn't bother to watch the video but I do appreciate Alan taking the time to do so and give his review. Even where he's right he's often wrong in his approach and manner as well as style and presentation. He tends to attract those who want to think of themselves as being on a higher level of Christianity than others, possessing special understanding and a call to be crude and brash.