• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Now Tis My Dad

• Members

My sister and I will be flying out to Missouri next week to hopefully be able to see our dad one more time.  He is going on 95 yrs old, and so has had a long life.  He is in a nursing facility back there and is fading swiftly.  Our oldest sister lives back there, and so we 3 sisters will be going thru our dad's house to get it ready to sell.  It's going to be a very difficult process going thru belongings but prayerfully will also be a help in saying "goodbye".  We believe our dad is saved even tho it was difficult to see fruitfulness from it.  The sister I am flying out with, and I...will then be driving our dad's van back to California.  Please pray for our dad, for journey's mercies, and for wisdom and comfort.  The story is long about our dad so this prayer request just "scratches the surface".  Your prayers will mean much to me, and I shall appreciate them.

• Moderators

Yes WWMS, praying.

Mike, you mentioned it being the first loss of close family. Don't count it strange if sometime after you think you've adjusted to the loss (be that months or years) you find yourself missing them again as if it was something new. It's even been known to happen at odd times to folks who have seen enough death to appear to be numb to it.

• Members

Finally!  I haven't been able to post replies from my tablet recently, but all is working fine on my PC.  I would like to thank all of you for praying for my dad and the situation.  There's a lifting of burden knowing that there are others praying, and in that knowing...strength is ebbing its way into my heart.  You are each one appreciated and I praise our Lord for your compassion, empathy, and for taking the time to lift us up in prayer.  I just pray that even though my heart is already grieving over the imminent loss of my dad, that the Lord will yet grant opportunity to testify of His presence and glory throughout the whole grieving process.  I am so glad that my Saviour indwells my heart and that He goes with me wherever I go, and that He ever loves me.  When I cannot verbalize my heart in prayer and only a groan can be uttered up, He knows...He loves...and He interprets the depth there.  Oh how He loves you and me!!  Indeed, I am very grateful for how your very prayers enhance His love to me. 

Mike...I am also lifting you and your family up in prayer over the loss of your dear dad.  Thank you for your empathy.

• Members

My dad passed away last night at about 10:15.  Even though my sister and I out west here didn't make it back to Missouri in time, our oldest sister was by his side.  There were also some family friends that were able to be with him yesterday, and they prayed with him and sang some songs.  We don't know how lucid he was during that time, and what all he could hear...but that is a very sweet "send-off" from this earth and into eternity.  We all still need prayer for journey's mercies as we travel to and from, make decisions, and as we take care of our dad's belongings.  Thank you for helping me and my family bear this burden of loss with your prayers and kind words. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

There is no doubt that the Lord orchestrated the whole trip out to Missouri and back.  Our flights were right on time and we arrived without incident.  There was a service for our dad  the day after we got there.  It was nice, and the Gospel message was presented.  The next four days consisted of hours and hours and hours of work going through our dad's belongings, and that all went very smoothly between us sisters.  After we went through the belongings, and with the help of a nephew and niece, we got the whole house cleaned.  We also did some yard work to help with the "curb appeal".  The house is now being listed with a realtor.  We loaded up our dad's van to the max; every nook and cranny full and stuffed in...utilizing every square inch.  Then my two sisters and I began our journey driving to California.  I won't go into detail, but it's obvious that the Lord was with us protecting us, keeping us, and helping the three of us to be able to share, cry, and grieve together.  We sang hymns, discussed Bible verses, and enjoyed speaking of our precious Lord Jesus. 

Thank you so very much for all of your prayers.  There is going to be another service on the 10th here in California in the tiny town where our dad was born...where he was raised...and where he accepted the Lord Jesus as his Saviour.  Now he has made his last trip home, and though he is with the Lord...his body is being laid to rest next to our mother.  I am exhausted from all of the work, the traveling, and the grieving...but I praise God for those who have faithfully lifted us up in prayer.  His grace is sufficient!  My Lord will continue to help me to be as strong as He wills for me to be, and will grant me good courage as He sees and knows my needs.

Thank you all so very much.  You're each one precious! 

• Members

what a touching post... I can relate to the grieving as we are still grieving over the loss of my Pastor... his wife and church officials need much praying in the decisions that need to be made.... 

praying for all who have lost loved ones.. rejoicing that they are in HEAVEN