• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Interesting Quote from the Office of Homeland Security

• Members

This is a quote from Janet Napolitano past director of homeland security as entered into the official charter of the Department of Homeland Security.  It has not been changed.

Here is the definition of a "cultist" threat to homeland security by Obama's new head of homeland security Janet Napolitano.

She said “A cultist is one who has a strong belief in the Bible and the Second Coming of Christ; who frequently attends Bible studies; who has a high level of financial giving to a Christian cause; who home schools their children; who has accumulated survival foods and has a strong belief in the second amendment; and who distrusts big government. Any of these may qualify [a person as a cultist] but certainly more than one of these would cause us to look at this person as a threat, and his family as being in a risk situation, that qualified for government interference.

• Moderators

"Any one of them"???!!?? Yikes. If she wants to redefine cultist, fine, but that bit about them being qualified for the government to interfere in their family is scary. Especially as, by that definition, I'd qualify. :bigshock:

• Members

Yep, I remember when that first came out as well. I noticed I fell into almost every category.

Those who think politics and the Republican Party is the answer should remember it was Bush and the Republicans who created the unconstitutional Department of Homeland Security and gave them broad, unconstitutional powers to spy upon law abiding American citizens and declare virtually at whim who could and would be considered a threat.

• Members

several years ago I told my husband that Homeland Security is just a modern day Gestapo.  People would look at me in shock when I made that comment (not hubby, he had to grudgingly agree.)  Lately, though, I think more people are beginning to see it.  They need disbanded, but the government pulls the 9-11 card to justify the organization, and that event still strikes such fear in the hearts of people they quietly go along with it.  They are really spying on citizens, not serious terroristic threats to the country.  From this quote it is obvious they fear those who would challenge their expansion of big government.

• Members

This is a quote from Janet Napolitano past director of homeland security as entered into the official charter of the Department of Homeland Security.  It has not been changed.

Yikes....Everything but the "survival foods". I have a herd of sheep and a few jars of plum jelly; does that count?