Jump to content
  • Welcome to Online Baptist

    Free to join.

MountainChristian

Jesus' coming Kingdom on land.

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I have a question Scott.

Does all mean all, or does fulfilled mean fulfilled?

If you have to add to Gods word for implications to appear, you are doing just that, creating implications.

I know this is said much too often, but, Scott, I believe the scriptures in what they say, not what I believe they say.

As I am sure you do also.

Maybe I should rethink this sentence for future statements of what I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I know this is said much too often, but, Scott, I believe the scriptures in what they say, not what I believe they say. (bold added by Pastor Scott Markle)

 

1 hour ago, Genevanpreacher said:

He will not have a throne. Neither will anyone else. Only God will. And Jesus Christ is the physical form of God. So Christ will rule from his throne like David did ages ago. (bold added by Pastor Scott Markle)

 

1 hour ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 22:28-30
28   Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
29   And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30   That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

 

1 hour ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

????????????

 

12 minutes ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Can you define regeneration?

I am in it. Aren't you?

Yet there are no 12 tribes being ruled by the disciples.

Maybe another thing is being taught by the Lord?

Yes. The disciples are 'ruling' over the saved and elect children of God as witnesses for all ages to see. You know, the Israel of God, that are all the saved?

Sound silly to you?

It doesn't to me.

Brother "Genevanpreacher,"

Nice try.  But the whole point was whether or not anyone other than the Lord Jesus Christ would sit on a throne.  You claim that you "believe the Scriptures in what they say."

Yet you also claim that no one other than the Lord Jesus Christ will have a throne.  Whereas the record of the Scriptures themselves (in Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:28-30; & Revelation 20:4) is that others will have and will sit upon thrones.  So do you really "believe the Scriptures in what they say," or not?  You see, God's Word says one thing; but Genevanpreacher's word says the opposite.  I wonder which one is actually correct?

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle
punctuation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Brother "Genevanpreacher,"

Nice try.  But the whole point was whether or not anyone other than the Lord Jesus Christ would sit on a throne.  You claim that you "believe the Scriptures in what they say."

Yet you also claim that no one other than the Lord Jesus Christ will have a throne.  Whereas the record of the Scriptures themselves (in Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:28-30; & Revelation 20:4) is that others will have and will sit upon thrones.  So do you really "believe the Scriptures in what they say," or not?  You see, God's Word says one thing; but Genevanpreacher's word says the opposite.  I wonder which one is actually correct?

Yes. I see your point.

So let me redo my previous statement. If you will allow?

I believe what the scriptures say, along with what they teach, being lead by the Spirit of God using all the scriptures together.

There, I hope that sounds better. 

In the above statement I mean that I follow what the scriptures say, with the thought in mind that the scriptures do teach things they may state, in various places, with import on blending together the knowledge of God, leading me to the correlation of the whole set of scriptures, within the cover of my bible.

In other words, every verse by itself is not clear doctrine alone, but the whole set of scriptures give the whole doctrinal picture for us to know what is right to believe.

Hence, in the regeneration of the disciples, they rule by testimony, not literal thrones, based upon the whole set of scriptures. It is because of them testifying through their preaching and teaching, the gospel of Jesus Christ and his eternal kingdom, and writing of the scriptures that teach that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

 

 

7 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Yet there are no 12 tribes being ruled by the disciples.

Maybe another thing is being taught by the Lord?

Yes. The disciples are 'ruling' over the saved and elect children of God as witnesses for all ages to see. You know, the Israel of God, that are all the saved?

Hmmm. wonder why JESUS would say this:

Matthew 19:27 "Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
28 "And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Pastor Markle has rightly brought this question to you repeatedly... your answer is still astounding! According to YOU, the actual words of Christ do NOT mean what they SAY??? You claim others here "twist" words??? Once again... astounding! The very essence of "replacement theology" is twisting and omitting HUGE chunks of scripture.  Not just old testament scripture, but the very words of Jesus!  Yet you say... "Maybe another thing is being taught by the Lord?"   Are you kidding? Jesus didn't know what He was saying? Blasphemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ronda said:

 

Hmmm. wonder why JESUS would say this:

Matthew 19:27 "Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
28 "And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Pastor Markle has rightly brought this question to you repeatedly... your answer is still astounding! According to YOU, the actual words of Christ do NOT mean what they SAY??? You claim others here "twist" words??? Once again... astounding! The very essence of "replacement theology" is twisting and omitting HUGE chunks of scripture.  Not just old testament scripture, but the very words of Jesus!  Yet you say... "Maybe another thing is being taught by the Lord?"   Are you kidding? Jesus didn't know what He was saying? Blasphemy.

Not replacement theology.

Covenant theology.

Getting that right is important.

You are being mean spirited when you say that.

Blasphemy?

With all the errors you have spoken about particular verses, your record is not good enough to condemn my view.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Yet there are no 12 tribes being ruled by the disciples.

Maybe another thing is being taught by the Lord?

Covenant/replacement, whichever YOU prefer to call it... requires much twisting and omission of large amounts of the word of God. YOU may feel I am erroneous in "particular verses", but if I do err... it is in taking the word of God LITERALLY... God meant what was said and said what was meant by GOD!  God didn't make any mistakes in His wording. No mere human knows more than God did when He inspired His words of the bible... to make such claims as you did in reference to Jesus' words: "Maybe another thing is being taught by the Lord?"

You do not believe Jesus meant the actual words He said, and yet earlier you made this statement directed at me: "Your verses here are the usual 'hype' from 'unstudied' content, just rattled off from previous teachers 'of the word', that teach a bunch of mumbo jumbo and tell the sheeple what to believe instead of just accepting the pure word of God from HIS writings."

So which is it? Either you accept "the pure words of God from His writings" as you first claimed, or is it that you believe "another thing is being taught by the Lord" than what His very words actually said.

 

Lastly you called me mean-spirited. Who made these condescendingly snide remarks? It wasn't I, it was you who said:

Towards Alan: "One unfounded opinion, Alan. Sorry to hear this of you." 
Toward Pastor Markle: "The important thing is 'what does Markle think it means?',  which implies something of major importance. Evidently."
Towards me: "You have plenty to learn in making statements like this in a public forum.
Towards Alan: "You are not paying attention Alan. So unlike you"
Towards No Nicolaitans: "Oh yeah, and this might be a clue NN - "
Towards No Nicolaitans: "That man enough for you?"
Towards No Nicolaitans: "Sounds like a question. Am I missing something?"                                                                                                                              Towards me: " your record is not good enough to condemn my view "
Towards me: " "Your verses here are the usual 'hype' from 'unstudied' content, just rattled off from previous teachers 'of the word', that teach a bunch of mumbo jumbo and tell the sheeple what to believe"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Can you define regeneration?

I am in it. Aren't you?

Yet there are no 12 tribes being ruled by the disciples.

Maybe another thing is being taught by the Lord?

Yes. The disciples are 'ruling' over the saved and elect children of God as witnesses for all ages to see. You know, the Israel of God, that are all the saved?

Sound silly to you?

It doesn't to me.

 

19 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I believe what the scriptures say, along with what they teach, being lead by the Spirit of God using all the scriptures together.

 

In the above statement I mean that I follow what the scriptures say, with the thought in mind that the scriptures do teach things they may state, in various places, with import on blending together the knowledge of God, leading me to the correlation of the whole set of scriptures, within the cover of my bible.

In other words, every verse by itself is not clear doctrine alone, but the whole set of scriptures give the whole doctrinal picture for us to know what is right to believe.

Hence, in the regeneration of the disciples, they rule by testimony, not literal thrones, based upon the whole set of scriptures. It is because of them testifying through their preaching and teaching, the gospel of Jesus Christ and his eternal kingdom, and writing of the scriptures that teach that.

 

What's strange is, I follow the same when determining what scripture teaches. Yet, when I "use all the scriptures together", I see that the Bible teaches things that will literally happen. When I study "the whole set of scriptures" to get "the whole doctrinal picture", I see clearly that the Bible teaches things that will literally happen.

Hence, though I'm not Pastor Markle, yes...I can define regeneration...and I can define it in the context in which it is used.

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Now, from what I can tell, you seem to agree that the Lord Jesus Christ will one day (in the future) literally sit on a throne. Why is his throne literal, but the other thrones aren't? On to "regeneration"...

You are applying regeneration to personal salvation; of which, a person who is born again is definitely regenerated. However, this verse isn't referring to personal regeneration. Please note that the wording is...in THE regeneration. Christ isn't talking about the disciples personal regeneration. He's talking about a specific regeneration that will occur when he sits on his throne. He's talking about the regeneration that will happen to the earth during his reign on earth...when things return to how they were on earth before man sinned...the lion will lie down with the lamb, long-physical life, etc. He's talking about how the earth will undergo a regeneration during his literal 1,000 year reign on earth.

...and during THAT regeneration (as the verse above teaches along with all of scripture used together and using the whole set of scriptures to get the whole doctrinal picture)...during THAT regeneration, the Lord Jesus Christ will sit on his throne, and the apostles will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel...literally.

So, no...you're not in the regeneration Genevan.

I only have one last question to ask you; after this, I won't ask you any more questions.

You've made your position clear. You say that you aren't a replacement theology adherent; however, it's clear that you are...at least it is to me. If nothing else, you've replaced literal Bible interpretation with spiritual interpretation. So my final question to you is...

What is your purpose for being here on Online Baptist?

If you follow all of scripture as you claim, the Bible is clear that you shouldn't fellowship with people here...unless that's not literal either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evidently I am here to do nothing but get chastised for what I believe and to be castigated for teaching and preaching contrary to people who like to replace Jesus Christ's Bride with a lost jewish population in eternity.

Replacement theology is what you all teach in lifting up a lost bunch of jews as God's people and blaspheme God's word, just like your predecessors did before you.

Lucky for planet earth, that teaching only goes back a few generations.

Otherwise the world would have no hope of learning the truth - that Christians are God's only chosen people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You seem like a nice enough guy Genevan; apparently you also seem to have a good sense of humor. At the same time, you bring a lot of castigation upon yourself by how you use such smart aleck remarks towards others. I was literally appalled a few weeks ago when you kept mocking Trapperhoney's use of "hubby" . You took her term of endearment for the man she loves, and you used it to mock her...repeatedly. 

No one here replaces Christ's bride with lost Israel that I'm aware of. All that I'm aware of is that God made promises specific to his chosen people Israel; promises as yet unfulfilled. Either God lied, or he will keep his promises...and those promises have nothing to do with his chosen people...the church.

For the life of me, I don't see how that's so hard to understand and acknowledge...but you're free to believe what you want. Just don't act surprised and play the victim when you are challenged for propagating your beliefs here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2015‎年‎11‎月‎15‎日‎ ‎上午‎, HappyChristian said:

I've skimmed through this thread just now and found just what I, sadly, expected to see. GP - watch your attitude. Many of your comments have been dismissive and smart-alecky.That is not to continue. Period. 

And let it be herewith known: just because one of us might not like a question about the Bible does not make it "fatuous." Be mature and simply answer the question, without unnecessary appellation. 

Here's another "f" word that seems to be going on on a couple folks' part: "fractious."  Enough already.

Thank you.

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2015, 4:11:30, Invicta said:

Brother Scott

I have not been available for a while however I am now.

  Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
34  Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
35  Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
37  Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

The Jews handed over Jesus to the Romans saying he claimed to be a king. 

Jesus said , My kingdom is not of this world:(It is a spiritual kingdom)  if my kingdom were of this world,(Which is not) then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now (at this present time)  is my kingdom not from hence.(It is exists but is not of this world.it is a spiritual kingdom.)

Pilate knew Jesus was a king. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King?  He knew, and wrote above the cross .JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. 20  This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin. 21  Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.
22  Pilate answered, What I have written I have written. JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.20  This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.21  Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews. 22  Pilate answered, What I have written I have written.

But Jesus' kingdoms is a spiritual kingdom, not of this world,.Seeing as somebody brought up Daniel, let's look up a couple of his other prophecies, 

Dan 2:44  And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. 45  Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Jesus set up his Kingdom in the days of the Roman kings and when He returns with his saints He His Kingdom will break in pieces all the previous kingdoms. At that time, Dan 7:18  But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever. Not just for 1,000 years but for ever and ever. 

I guess you satisfied Scott, Invicta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I guess you satisfied Scott, Invicta.

Brother "Genevanpreacher,"

Brother "invicta" did indeed answer my question concerning the meaning of the word "now."  In that I am satisfied.

However, I am not satisfied with the position of his answer.  Toward that I intend a further response.  Yet just as he needed time in order to present his response, so I need time in order to present my response.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2015, 4:11:30, Invicta said:

Brother Scott

36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Jesus said , My kingdom is not of this world:(It is a spiritual kingdom)  if my kingdom were of this world,(Which is not) then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now (at this present time)  is my kingdom not from hence.(It is exists but is not of this world.it is a spiritual kingdom.)

Concerning John 18:36.

In John 18:36 our Lord Jesus Christ presented two basic truths concerning His kingdom.  The first of these truths He presented in the opening portion of His statement – “My kingdom is not of this world.”  The second of these truths He presented in the closing portion of His statement – “But now is my kingdom not from hence.”  In both cases our Lord presented these truths from the negative perspective, concerning something that is not true about His kingdom, and thereby implying something that is true about His kingdom.

In the first place, the Lord declared, “My kingdom is not of this world.”  Herein the negative truth concerning our Lord’s kingdom is rooted in the prepositional phrase, “of this world.”  The preposition “of” is translated from the Greek preposition “ek,” meaning “out of” and indicated the source of origin.  As such, our Lord was revealing that His kingdom is not out of this world as its source of origin.  Furthermore, our Lord was implying that His kingdom is rather out of a different source of origin, that is – out of heaven above as its source of origin.  Even so, with this statement our Lord was not specifically indicating the character of His kingdom, whether it is a physical kingdom or a spiritual kingdom, but was rather indicating the origin of His kingdom, that it is not out of this world, but is out of heaven above.  Now, from this truth we might come to understand that our Lord’s kingdom is a spiritual kingdom, in contrast to a physical kingdom; however, that was not the specific point that our Lord was revealing with His declaration.

In the second place, that Lord declared, “But now is my kingdom not from hence.”  Herein again the negative truth concerning our Lord’s kingdom is rooted in the prepositional phrase, “from hence.”  At this point it is important for us to understand that this is a different and additional truth concerning our Lord’s kingdom because the prepositional modifier is different.  Herein the prepositional modifier is not “out of,” but is “from.”  Actually, the entire prepositional phrase “from hence” is translated from the Greek adverb “enteuthen,” meaning “in, on, at, from the present place” and indicating the location of presence.  Since the only location directly referenced in the context is “this world,” we would understand that “this world” is the location intended by the phrase “from hence.”  As such, our Lord was revealing that His kingdom was not located in, on, at, from this world.  Furthermore, our Lord was implying that His kingdom was rather in, on, at, from a different location, that is – the location of heaven.  However, there is one further modifier in our Lord’s declaration.  It is the adverb “now,” meaning “at the present time.”  Even so, our Lord was revealing that His kingdom was not in, on, at, from the location of this world at the present time in which He was speaking.  However, this declaration does not at all exclude the possibility that our Lord’s kingdom might be in, on, at, from this world as its location at some time into the future from when our Lord was speaking.  This declaration does not directly promise that our Lord’s kingdom will be located in, on, at, from this world sometime in the future; but it does not directly exclude that possibility either.

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Bro Scott  (you can address me as David)

I will ask you a question which I asked Eric a number of times and which he avoided answering as far as I can remember,

Are you in Christ's kingdom?

 

Brother David,

As a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal and eternal Savior from sin, I am indeed a citizen of Christ's heavenly kingdom.  However, as such a citizen, I am presently dwelling as a stranger (foreigner) and pilgrim in this world.

Furthermore, as a citizen of Christ's heavenly kingdom and in accord with God's Holy Word, I have full assurance of faith that our Lord Jesus Christ shall sometime in the future, as the King of kings of His kingdom, descend out of heaven to establish His kingdom on, in, at, from this world, such that His heavenly kingdom will then also be His earthly kingdom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Brother David,

As a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal and eternal Savior from sin, I am indeed a citizen of Christ's heavenly kingdom.  However, as such a citizen, I am presently dwelling as a stranger (foreigner) and pilgrim in this world.

Furthermore, as a citizen of Christ's heavenly kingdom and in accord with God's Holy Word, I have full assurance of faith that our Lord Jesus Christ shall sometime in the future, as the King of kings of His kingdom, descend out of heaven to establish His kingdom on, in, at, from this world, such that His heavenly kingdom will then also be His earthly kingdom.

I think that is what I was trying to say in my previous posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Invicta said:

I think that is what I was trying to say in my previous posts.

Brother David,

I do apologize, for I did not quite understand the above from your previous posts.

I would add concerning my comments above that my first paragraph would fit with Jesus' opening declaration in John 18:36 -- "My kingdom is [present tense existence] not of [as its source of origin] this world [but is out of heaven as its source of origin, being a heavenly kingdom]."  I would further add that my second paragraph would fit with Jesus' closing declaration in John 18:36 -- "But now [at this present time] is my kingdom not from [located on, in, at] hence [this world] [yet sometime in the future that kingdom shall be located on, in, at, from this world]."

Finally, it is my understand concerning your position of belief that we would be in agreement on the following:

1.  That Christ's kingdom is a heavenly kingdom, having its source of origin out of heaven, not out of the earth (God-made, not man-made).
2.  That Christ the King and Christ's kingdom are presently "based" in heaven.
3.  That all genuine believers are citizens spiritually of Christ's kingdom.
4.  That Christ the King and Christ's kingdom will sometime in the future come down out of heaven to be located and "based" on the earth.
5.  That Christ's kingdom, when it comes down out of heaven to be located and "based" on the earth, shall exist eternally as a kingdom located and "based" on the earth.

However, it is my understanding that we would be in disagreement on the following:

1.  Concerning the timing wherein Christ the King and Christ's kingdom shall come down out of heaven to be located and "based" on the earth.
2.  Concerning the events that shall immediately follow this coming of Christ the King and Christ's kingdom down out of heaven to be located and "based" on the earth.

Am I correct in my above understanding?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Brother David,

I do apologize, for I did not quite understand the above from your previous posts.

I would add concerning my comments above that my first paragraph would fit with Jesus' opening declaration in John 18:36 -- "My kingdom is [present tense existence] not of [as its source of origin] this world [but is out of heaven as its source of origin, being a heavenly kingdom]."  I would further add that my second paragraph would fit with Jesus' closing declaration in John 18:36 -- "But now [at this present time] is my kingdom not from [located on, in, at] hence [this world] [yet sometime in the future that kingdom shall be located on, in, at, from this world]."

Finally, it is my understand concerning your position of belief that we would be in agreement on the following:

1.  That Christ's kingdom is a heavenly kingdom, having its source of origin out of heaven, not out of the earth (God-made, not man-made).
2.  That Christ the King and Christ's kingdom are presently "based" in heaven.
3.  That all genuine believers are citizens spiritually of Christ's kingdom.
4.  That Christ the King and Christ's kingdom will sometime in the future come down out of heaven to be located and "based" on the earth.
5.  That Christ's kingdom, when it comes down out of heaven to be located and "based" on the earth, shall exist eternally as a kingdom located and "based" on the earth.

However, it is my understanding that we would be in disagreement on the following:

1.  Concerning the timing wherein Christ the King and Christ's kingdom shall come down out of heaven to be located and "based" on the earth.
2.  Concerning the events that shall immediately follow this coming of Christ the King and Christ's kingdom down out of heaven to be located and "based" on the earth.

Am I correct in my above understanding?

Brother Scott

Yes I believe so.  

Col 1:13  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

When Jesus returns with His Church, his kingdom will be on earth.
His Church is his spiritual kingdom now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Brother Scott

Yes I believe so.  

Col 1:13  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

When Jesus returns with His Church, his kingdom will be on earth.
His Church is his spiritual kingdom now. 

Amen! concerning Colossians 1:13.

On the other hand, I am not certain that I myself would narrow our Lord Jesus Christ's "spiritual kingdom now" to just "His Church."  At first thought, I would include the Old Testament believers therein as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Amen! concerning Colossians 1:13.

On the other hand, I am not certain that I myself would narrow our Lord Jesus Christ's "spiritual kingdom now" to just "His Church."  At first thought, I would include the Old Testament believers therein as well.

! agree with that but I would include OT believers in the church.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Invicta said:

! agree with that but I would include OT believers in the church.

Ahhh.  Well then we would also have a disagreement concerning the definition of "the church," what I would call specifically -- "the New Testament church."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Ahhh.  Well then we would also have a disagreement concerning the definition of "the church," what I would call specifically -- "the New Testament church."

Would you like to expand on that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Invicta said:

! agree with that but I would include OT believers in the church.

No OT believers are in the church. John the Baptist, the greatest OT saint, was said to be a "friend" of the bridegroom. Until Christians get this down they'll keep breaking their theological necks on the bible. Just about every false doctrine is the appropriation of scripture from one group of people in the bible to another group of people. The Catholic Church is an expert at this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Similar Content

    • By Brian Smedley
      Hi, my name is Brian Smedley and I want to say without Christ I am nothing . Through the Lord Jesus Christ do I have righteousness, not my righteousness, but his. I am presented to God through Jesus blood that flowed at Calvary for my sins and all of mankind's. John 3:16. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth  on him would not perish, but have everlasting life. 
    • By Brian Smedley
      Hi, my name is Brian Smedley and I want to say without Christ I am nothing . Through the Lord Jesus Christ do I have righteousness, not my righteousness, but his. I am presented to God through Jesus blood that flowed at Calvary for my sins and all of mankind's. John 3:16. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth  on him would not perish, but have everlasting life. 

    • By MountainChristian
      “Commandments of God”
      This phrase only appears three times in the Authorized King James Version.
      The first time this phrase is used it was Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Corinthians. “Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.”- 1Corinthians 7:19. How can Paul say keeping the commandments of God and not include circumcision?
      Let's do a little background work. Jehovah told Abraham to start the tradition of circumcision in Genesis 17, “And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.” Later in the Law Jehovah told Moses it was one of the commandments, in Leviticus 12:3, “And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.”
      So we see it was part of God's commandments in the Law, but was those commandments replaced by God?
      In the book of John 14:15 we see Jesus telling us to keep his commandments. “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” In John 14:21 Jesus said, “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.” Again in John 15:10 Jesus said, “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.”
      How do we know what commandments Jesus gave us to follow? Acts 1:1-4 “The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.” 1 Corinthians 14:37 “If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 4:2 “For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.”
      We see the phrase repeated the last two times by John in Revelation 12:17 “And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.” Revelation 14:12 “Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”
      The 1st time the phase appears Paul is telling us it's not the Law or Torah. The Apostles was Jewish and they taught and kept the commandments of Jesus as God. Jesus even told us he fulfilled the Father's and we should keep his commandments. In the Revelation verses John tells us the men are Christians but over and over men say those are Law commandments. So why do some writers of Christian/Jewish Eschatology say the verses in Revelation mean the Law or Torah? My Sunday school teacher has given me some books on eschatology but none of them explain their reasoning. He is on vacation so I thought I would ask you guys and gals.
    • By MountainChristian
      John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
      I have 2 questions. 1) Why was Jesus saying he was in heaven while standing on earth? 2) Where did Enoch and Elijah go if they didn't go to heaven?
    • By MountainChristian
      At the start of his ministry.
      Matthew 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
      Luke 4:3 And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.
      Matthew 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
      Luke 4:9 And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: 
      At the end of his ministry. 
      Matthew 27:40 And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross. 
      The devil never gave up, and now he is fighting against us.
      Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
       
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.

×
×
  • Create New...